Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Really interesting there post about our rivalry with them.

I don't condone footie violence, but watching city growing up in leicester, the best offs I have saw or was part of was against Chelsea.

But they are perfectly right we never, ever turned up there. Shame really as it would have made our rivalry more tasty.

Before I here all the moans, we need a decent rivalry with someone!

I don't condone footie violence, but watching city growing up in leicester, the best offs I have saw or was part of was against Chelsea.

But they are perfectly right we never, ever turned up there. Shame really as it would have made our rivalry more tasty.

We have that, you don't honestly believe that F****t don't care about us do you? lol

Ha I get it now, you were spelling forest,

that's my point!

We need to get a rivalry with someone, forest don't give a f**k.

I stopped even thinking about them, when at the city ground they sang to us 'we only care about derby'

And all our fans started going crazy at them, it was just embrassing.

What rivalry? Rivalries purely based on violence don't mean anything in this day and age.

Don't give them ammunition, the majority of their fans don't give two shits about us and vice versa.

that's my point!

I stopped even thinking about them, when at the city ground they sang to us 'we only care about derby'

No we don't. What is it with some football fans? You either hate a club or you don't.

The reason Forest and Derby are so embarrassing is because they make such a big deal out of it. Don't you realise that? It's really not that important. Certain clubs hate certain other clubs. Who cares? It's not something you should be proud of. It's hardly the equivalent of a major trophy or promotion. And it doesn't guarantee you a great atmosphere for even that one game, let alone in general.

We certainly don't need to be inventing non-existant rivalries. What are you going to do, start handning out leaflets saying 'stop hating Forest, apparently some of them aren't bothered, start hating Chelsea and see if they drop everything that they're doing to buy a Leicester shirt, video burning it and post the video on Youtube'.

What we bloody need is to stop giving a shit what fans of other clubs think.

• Like 1

I don't get it, have u had to many leffes, we have no decent rivalry with anyone.

All my time following England away, Chelsea fans have always had a attitude with us.

Haven't had a Leffe in months. It's all about the Duvel, Floris White, Cuvée des Trolls, Chimay(bleu preferably), Grimbergen, pretty much any beer apart from boring old Leffe. :)

But yeah, Forest can sing "we only care about Derby" til the cows come home, doesn't make it any more true, just more tragic.

No we don't. What is it with some football fans? You either hate a club or you don't.

The reason Forest and Derby are so embarrassing is because they make such a big deal out of it. Don't you realise that? It's really not that important. Certain clubs hate certain other clubs. Who cares? It's not something you should be proud of. It's hardly the equivalent of a major trophy or promotion. And it doesn't guarantee you a great atmosphere for even that one game, let alone in general.

We certainly don't need to be inventing non-existant rivalries. What are you going to do, start handning out leaflets saying 'stop hating Forest, apparently some of them aren't bothered, start hating Chelsea and see if they drop everything that they're doing to buy a Leicester shirt, video burning it and post the video on Youtube'.

What we bloody need is to stop giving a shit what fans of other clubs think.

Eight thousand, nine hundred and ninety three posts later and still talking nonsense.

Haven't had a Leffe in months. It's all about the Duvel, Floris White, Cuvée des Trolls, Chimay(bleu preferably), Grimbergen, pretty much any beer apart from boring old Leffe. :)

But yeah, Forest can sing "we only care about Derby" til the cows come home, doesn't make it any more true, just more tragic.

I'm jealous, miss belguim

that's my point!

BD48ZNRCYAEP7ni.jpg

Derby and Forest is the East Midlands Derby, think every football fan knows that. There is no doubt a rivalry exists with ourselves, Forest and Derby regardless of the size of it. We are local rivals arn't we, just maybe not local and fierce.

Anyway, the Chelsea forum...

http://www.thesheden...cester-rivalry/

No doubt a bigger rivalry than our rivalries with either of them

but honestly a lot of football fans don't rate Forest-Derby. Many wouldn't know who 'hates' who the most in the East Midlands if you asked them.

Let's face it some Forest fans 'hate' us more than Derby. Older fans, Melton fans and Loughborough fans in particular

but honestly a lot of football fans don't rate Forest-Derby. Many wouldn't know who 'hates' who the most in the East Midlands if you asked them.

Let's face it some Forest fans 'hate' us more than Derby. Older fans, Melton fans and Loughborough fans in particular

They only say they don't care to get a reaction I think. It's quite evident that some do, and we'd all be a bit naive to think that there's not a percentage of Forest fans that don't hate us more than derby.

They only say they don't care to get a reaction I think. It's quite evident that some do, and we'd all be a bit naive to think that there's not a percentage of Forest fans that don't hate us more than derby.

Exactly, it's a superiority complex. They think we're beneath them.

We do the same thing to Coventry. Yes, we have bigger rivals but they're not just another game.

Exactly, it's a superiority complex. They think we're beneath them.

We do the same thing to Coventry. Yes, we have bigger rivals but they're not just another game.

It seems odd that they'd have a superiority complex with us yet worship Derby; a club with a smaller fanbase and overall worse history. I've never really got that.

Then again, looking at their last 20 years and average attendances the only midlands team Forest can really have a superioriy complex about is Coventry.

You're right there, just before Derby played Forest I was in the pub with a QPR and Tottenham fan who said 'its just a mid table Championship game' It's only Derby and Forest fans who think its a massive rivalry.

I can name any number of derbies bigger and better the Clough love-in.

Manchester derby, Man United-Liverpool, North London, Liverpool-Everton, Birmingham derby, West Brom-Wolves, South Wales, Newcastle-Sunderland and the Steel City derby are all more passionate and visceral.