Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Does AJ carrying a bit more weight make any difference do you think?

I see Klitch was comparing him to Arnie today lol

I do wonder if all that bulk and muscle AJ has might slow him down later on in the fight goes that far.

I couldn't believe the stats that Klitch has almost 10 TIMES as many rounds under his belt than AJ in his career. 

All that extra experience has to count for something surely?

I'm starting to think the only way AJ will win is by KO - which he's obviously more than capable of.

Can't wait :thumbup:

I can't wait for all this hype to lead up to three of the most boring opening rounds on earth lol 

• Like 2

If AJ wins and wins well he is the real deal! and is gonna smash the rest of the champions to unify. I see this fight as a real jump in quality, he has dealt with all his opponents so easily he is still untested.

my feeling is a uncomfortable win for Aj not without a scare or two.

It's all a bit bloody nice isn't it? Even when staring face to face at the press conference, they were smiling away and chatting to each other. 

It don't feel right! Where's the taunting, the piss-taking, the downright abusive? The whole thing seems very sterile and manufactured. 

I know why...they genuinely respect each other..but I'd love a bit of tension and animosity before the big fight.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It's all a bit bloody nice isn't it? Even when staring face to face at the press conference, they were smiling away and chatting to each other. 

It don't feel right! Where's the taunting, the piss-taking, the downright abusive? The whole thing seems very sterile and manufactured. 

I know why...they genuinely respect each other..but I'd love a bit of tension and animosity before the big fight.

Its actually the complete opposite to manafactured. Similar to the Manny P Mayweather fight and let's face it when it comes to smack talking Muhammad Ali wrote the first book and flyod wrote the sequel. When the fight sells itself there's little need for needle. A bit of genuine respect is exactly that, genuine.

It suits them both as well Tysons very specific and very well thought out brand ofbull shit (as opposed to Hayes just outright be as abusive as possible approach) got under wlads skin as dillian white did with Joshua, they're both the type of type of person who could do without it.

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Its actually the complete opposite to manafactured. Similar to the Manny P Mayweather fight and let's face it when it comes to smack talking Muhammad Ali wrote the first book and flyod wrote the sequel. When the fight sells itself there's little need for needle. A bit of genuine respect is exactly that, genuine.

It suits them both as well Tysons very specific and very well thought out brand ofbull shit (as opposed to Hayes just outright be as abusive as possible approach) got under wlads skin as dillian white did with Joshua, they're both the type of type of person who could do without it.

To be honest, I get you what you are saying. It's not been all the usual razzmatazz and bull-shite has it. And that's a good thing.

It just seems a bit TOO nicey nicey for me, if that makes sense. I'm sure that'll change of course when the bell goes.

Klitschko was nice and lean and has done 12 rounds many times. AJ too top heavy and muscular.. body builder physique doesn't lend itself to stamina.. bit like Frank Bruno. If Klitschko weathers early onslaught he takes over and wins by stoppage about round 8/9 I think. Hope it lives up to the hype anyway whoever wins.

The lack of needle is very interesting 

Wlad has been Rattled by serious needle in the past 

also I think AJ doesn't like the needle when Whyte got stuck into him mentally AJ got drawn into a brawl that he almost lost in a few hairy mins 

Fury may well be stood in front of AJ soon , if his mental health remains intact ,  fury is I believe the only fighter capable of getting to AJ mentally and physically 

fury is currently on medication for his bipolar disorder they are drugs that can mess with your bloods and this comeback is really a huge clinical trial , can his mental state and the medication needed to maintain his mental state stand the test of a full training camp ? 

personally I don't think they will and Fury will not ever be world champion again because of his mental illness not because of ability 

and thats quite sad really 

interestingly one one of the major side effects to the medication Fury is on is it makes you put on tons and tons of weight and it's weight that's hard to shift 

Edited by GaelicFox

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

Klitschko was nice and lean and has done 12 rounds many times. AJ too top heavy and muscular.. body builder physique doesn't lend itself to stamina.. bit like Frank Bruno. If Klitschko weathers early onslaught he takes over and wins by stoppage about round 8/9 I think. Hope it lives up to the hype anyway whoever wins.

I thought the same about AJ till I saw the times he did for 20 km road run ..... the last KM was his fastest KM ... 

you can't do that unless you have stamina , huge stamina 

I'm more worried about AJ taking clubbing jabs for 12 rounds 

in all honesty I have not been this excited about a Heavy weight fight since Tyson fury and Wlad 

and that night (to much laughter in here) I was very very strong on Fury beating Wlad 

right now for me I cannot see how Wlad can cope with AJ's speed and power , but also I have no idea how AJ is going to out box a true champion given that right now no one has any idea if AJ really is a true champion 

I cannot wait for tonight 

Edited by GaelicFox

13 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I thought the same about AJ till I saw the times he did for 20 km road run ..... the last KM was his fastest KM ... 

you can't do that unless you have stamina , huge stamina 

I'm more worried about AJ taking clubbing jabs for 12 rounds 

in all honesty I have not been this excited about a Heavy weight fight since Tyson fury and Wlad 

and that night (to much laughter in here) I was very very strong on Fury beating Wlad 

right now for me I cannot see how Wlad can cope with AJ's speed and power , but also I have no idea how AJ is going to out box a true champion given that right now no one has any idea if AJ really is a true champion 

I cannot wait for tonight 

AJ isn't that quick in my opinion (Fury quicker) think his movement is actually pretty robotic and his power is overplayed. A fit Fury would make him look very silly I think.

The whole thing is exciting for sure. Hungry young pretender that the country adores (find him unbearable myself.. everything from this fake humbleness to his repeated cheating by hitting people after the bell or when they are on the deck) against the respectful but derided foreigner who was a winning machine for over a decade pre Fury.

Prepared to believe the notion he wasn't himself against Fury. Taking nothing away from Fury who was very clever on the night, I feel Wlad seemed to have zero game plan to combat a bigger opponent. He's about the same height as AJ so he faces no such disadvantage tonight. 

Maybe he got old overnight v Fury. All adds to the intrigue ahead of this.

Make no mistake though, if he comes through this AJ deserves the plaudits and hopefully the mega fights with Fury n Wilder can be made.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be honest, I get you what you are saying. It's not been all the usual razzmatazz and bull-shite has it. And that's a good thing.

It just seems a bit TOO nicey nicey for me, if that makes sense. I'm sure that'll change of course when the bell goes.

Sort of yes it is a bit BFF.

Just seen this lol 

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower/status/858252268361187328

Struggling to find much value tonight so might keep hold of most my coppers and just have a couple of little silly"ish" bets

Klit to have a point deducted and Josh to win by KO - 16/1

Both to be on the canvas, fight goes the distance, and Joshua win on points - 80/1

A mate of mine who's young, free, single, no kids, and with far too much disposable income has paid £500 for a ticket tonight. On the pitch apparently, but nowhere near ringside. 

I'm sure the atmosphere will be great but I just think that's fvckin nuts personally!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Bet Linares is trembling in fear watching this lol 

Tbf Campbell got better as it went on, I was never worried about his ability just his ability to rise to a big challenge.

but ATM linares and Garcia at least five fights away.