Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just now, Webbo said:

Tommy Robinson is an arsehole The EDL are/were (do they still exist?) a bunch of thugs but Gaelic is entitled to his opinions. This discussion however is probably not for this thread.

Never suggested he wasn't entitled to his opinions even if they are frankly racist!

And I'm not sure tbh what name or flag the EDL are hiding under these days I think there's a few different splinter groups of knuckle dragging morons about. 

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It's weird isn't it? When he had a monkey in his profile I could just about get my head round replying to his boxing posts despite him obviously harbouring delusional and prejudicial beliefs about a host of people different to himself but now he's got a full blown EDL photo in his profile its like I'm just replying to an actual racist. I'm not sure I can spend any time doing that. 

Wow 

a profile picture makes you a racist 

welcome to modern Britain ! 

Im lost for words on that one ! 

But not surprised ! 

This is a boxing thread mate 

take your libellous ,judgemental and quite ridicules assumptions about me else where ! 

Wow , how this might Nation is folding fast 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Wow 

a profile picture makes you a racist 

welcome to modern Britain ! 

Im lost for words on that one ! 

But not surprised ! 

This is a boxing thread mate 

take your libellous ,judgemental and quite ridicules assumptions about me else where ! 

Wow , how this might Nation is folding fast 

My sentiments exactly.

As for DeGale going after fights he's been going after for years and will then take his money and run. So he will be gunning for Groves fight in UK or Gilberto Ramierez in the states I'd imagine. Looking to make the big pay days and bow out I think, he's had enough. Which doesn't bode well for him going into any fight especially with George Groves as it's no attitude to take to a top level fight. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Our kid has his first ‘unlicensed’ fight in Nottingham, in September. 

4 rounds, no headgear and he don’t get to meet his opponent.

I’ll be there, as I am for all his fights.

I wish him luck. It’s always a bit weird when you can’t prepare for a fight as you don’t know what  your opponent may be bringing - it used to happen like that at club level, I remember thinking ‘he’s not bloody 15!’

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Our kid has his first ‘unlicensed’ fight in Nottingham, in September. 

4 rounds, no headgear and he don’t get to meet his opponent.

I’ll be there, as I am for all his fights.

Who is running this Col ? 

Check the medical cover situation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It takes some bollocks to get in a ring and go toe to toe with someone at any level. 

Something I doubt you’d ever dare to do.  

:appl:

I imagine Horse to look something like this, for some reason.... gives it large in the safety of the internet but in reality.....

3F3E8EA1-B276-49E3-BDA0-FC840269DE62.jpeg

Pacquiao fighting Matthysse in Malaysia early this morning. Hope he gets the win but at this stage of his career it's a big risk as he's lost a lot of his footspeed as well as handspeed.

Been in nearly 70 fights now which is throwback stuff. All the same it'll be sad if he ends his career getting beaten up. Good luck Manny.

Manny Pacquiao captures welterweight title with first knockout in nine years !!!! Amazing strength  or a fix you can all watch and decide !!!

In other news 

Rocky Fielding wins a plastic belt and becomes a “world champion” ??? The WBA champion is george groves , fielding is the 2nd division “champion” so in reality he is not a champion at all 

boxing is a nutty game sometimes 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Manny Pacquiao captures welterweight title with first knockout in nine years !!!! Amazing strength  or a fix you can all watch and decide !!!

In other news 

Rocky Fielding wins a plastic belt and becomes a “world champion” ??? The WBA champion is george groves , fielding is the 2nd division “champion” so in reality he is not a champion at all 

boxing is a nutty game sometimes 

You do realise the belt manny won was a wba regular title as well lol every bit as plastic as fieldings.

Not seen either fight as on holiday.

Haven't seen the fight and regardless of the credibility of the belt, pleased Pacquiao got the win.

At his age and with the wars he's been in, beating a not in his prime but still younger Matthysse is a decent way to go out.

Really think Manny should retire now, because he will only compromise his health and tarnish his legacy the more he fights on. And there's every chance he fights Khan next, who will be mandatory to the WBA regular. I'd say Khan beats Manny at this stage.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Just watched some of the fight on Youtube and that was definitely no fix. Both guys were looking for the KO from round 1, though what was surprising was how Pacquiao actually was the lead puncher of the two. Thought Matthysse would be the one going forward but he was more looking to counter to set up the big shots.

Still think Manny should retire but though his handspeed isn't what it used to be, his footspeed was impressive. Still has his legs.

Joshua confirms it’s povetkin up next then, should imagine wilder breazelle will be announced shortly if it hasn’t already and I’ve missed whilst on the beach.

Not the fight we wanted but for now at least probably the 2nd biggest fight out there for both of them.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if finkle Haymen and the Hearns are not all in on this and it was always going to be an April fight between Wilder and Joshua. Build the hype, similar to most super fights.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Groves v Smith in sept 

and its is ****ing Saudi Arabia 

Kelle must have a massive deal for snow lined up 

totally shocking disregard for the paying fans 

have a read of the comments ??? 

Edited by GaelicFox