Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

12 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Joshua, or his management, don't want Wilder. That's why it hasn't been made.

Difficult to know with Wilder/Fury. Who knows what Fury will be like. One thing for sure, Fury is awkward and it's styles that make fights. I've a feeling you're right though and it may be a bit early for him.

I wouldn't agree with that.

They don't want Wilder in America, that's for certain. And I don't think Deontay is keen on coming over here, that's the stumbling block. Fury conversely has no problem fighting anyone anywhere, nor should he after beating Wlad in Germany. 

I think Match room will be praying Fury wins tbh, there will be little problem getting Fury Joshua sorted for April at Wembley.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I wouldn't agree with that.

They don't want Wilder in America, that's for certain. And I don't think Deontay is keen on coming over here, that's the stumbling block. Fury conversely has no problem fighting anyone anywhere, nor should he after beating Wlad in Germany. 

I think Match room will be praying Fury wins tbh, there will be little problem getting Fury Joshua sorted for April at Wembley.

My reasoning for saying that was, it doesn't matter what Wilder does, Joshua and his management hold all the cards. If they want it to happen, it will.  Conversely, if they don't, it won't, until they want it to.

Joshua is the cash cow that Wilder needs for the big earnings. Whilst it would be a huge earning fight for Joshua, he can rumble along just now and can still make big money out of fighting possibly less troublesome opponents. Wilder can't really. Wilder will want it in the US obviously, but the only bargaining chip there is money. Hearn's no fool and he will only do America if the price is right. Hugely right. Even then he may refuse.

That's how it's always been imo, one side usually holds more cards and dictates..

That's a cynical view of course but I'm a cynic.

Edited by Max Wall

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

My reasoning for saying that was, it doesn't matter what Wilder does, Joshua and his management hold all the cards. If they want it to happen, it will.  Conversely, if they don't, it won't, until they want it to.

Joshua is the cash cow that Wilder needs for the big earnings. Whilst it would be a huge earning fight for Joshua, he can rumble along just now and can still make big money out of fighting possibly less troublesome opponents. Wilder can't really. Wilder will want it in the US obviously, but the only bargaining chip there is money. Hearn's no fool and he will only do America if the price is right. Hugely right. Even then he may refuse.

That's how it's always been imo, one side usually holds more cards and dictates..

That's a cynical view of course but I'm a cynic.

Well they've already weaseled out of doing it in America for 50 Million depending on who you believe.  I do not believe they will fight a fight of that magnitude in the states at this stage of his career for any figure, everything he has achieved including his Olympic Gold has been done in this country and you can tell when he has been asked about the possibility of fighting abroad in interviews he really does not want to do it. He likes to be at home, likes to be loved and has to be the good guy. He will go to the states eventually and will probably fight Jarrel Miler who he should knock over easily and that will be how Hearn eases him into fighting over there and starts to get the crowd over there behind him. But Wilder, now, they wont touch for anything I don't think. The fact they've booked Wembley for April already speaks volumes.

Wilder has been made a offer to fight here and has turned it down as derisory (15 million, more than ten times the amount he has earned for a fight in the past) so I guess your opinion on whether Match room is ducking that fight depends on whether or not you think that is a fair offer. You are sort of correct in what you say match room do hold more cards than Haymon/Finkel however I don't think they are particularly keen on being dictated to. Besides this fight with Fury is a smart step from Wilder should he win in he's in a much better negotiating position than before. 

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well they've already weaseled out of doing it in America for 50 Million depending on who you believe.  I do not believe they will fight a fight of that magnitude in the states at this stage of his career for any figure, everything he has achieved including his Olympic Gold has been done in this country and you can tell when he has been asked about the possibility of fighting abroad in interviews he really does not want to do it. He likes to be at home, likes to be loved and has to be the good guy. He will go to the states eventually and will probably fight Jarrel Miler who he should knock over easily and that will be how Hearn eases him into fighting over there and starts to get the crowd over there behind him. But Wilder, now, they wont touch for anything I don't think. The fact they've booked Wembley for April already speaks volumes.

Wilder has been made a offer to fight here and has turned it down as derisory (15 million, more than ten times the amount he has earned for a fight in the past) so I guess your opinion on whether Match room is ducking that fight depends on whether or not you think that is a fair offer. You are sort of correct in what you say match room do hold more cards than Haymon/Finkel however I don't think they are particularly keen on being dictated to. Besides this fight with Fury is a smart step from Wilder should he win in he's in a much better negotiating position than before. 

I agree with most of that.

We're not far off in opinions really. I'm just tempted to believe that Hearn could make it now, if he wanted too.

With regards to the £15m, I'm not inclined to believe anything reported regarding 'offered' purses until a contract is signed and I certainly wouldn't believe anything Hearn tells the public regarding the financial side. Even allowing for it to be the case that Wilder has been offered it, by turning the offer down, he's doing no more than footballers do when negotiating contracts. 

I absolutely agree that Joshua does not want it to take place in the US, neither does Hearn. I think Wilder knows deep down he's likely to have to come here if Joshua keeps winning. That's why Hearns side can negotiate hard now.

You obviously like your boxing, what's your opinion on how fights would go between Fury, Wilder and Joshua? If you don't have an opinion on Fury, that's fair enough, none of us know how he'll come back really, but the other two?

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I agree with most of that.

We're not far off in opinions really. I'm just tempted to believe that Hearn could make it now, if he wanted too.

With regards to the £15m, I'm not inclined to believe anything reported regarding 'offered' purses until a contract is signed and I certainly wouldn't believe anything Hearn tells the public regarding the financial side. Even allowing for it to be the case that Wilder has been offered it, by turning the offer down, he's doing no more than footballers do when negotiating contracts. 

I absolutely agree that Joshua does not want it to take place in the US, neither does Hearn. I think Wilder knows deep down he's likely to have to come here if Joshua keeps winning. That's why Hearns side can negotiate hard now.

You obviously like your boxing, what's your opinion on how fights would go between Fury, Wilder and Joshua? If you don't have an opinion on Fury, that's fair enough, none of us know how he'll come back really, but the other two?

Oh it was a solid offer, acknowledged by Wilder and Finkel and turned down as it was not enough, which to be fair if the fight is worth anywhere near what they think it is worth  they are right it's probably less than 25%. And yes I don't think he's wimped out of the fight by not taking that figure even if it is 10x his highest pay day I'd say that's a matter of opinion, potentially (whilst a lot of money) it's a very small cut. 

A fully fit Tyson Fury boxes the ears off Deontay Wilder that's probably the easiest to call out of all of them but we have no idea what we are getting, we will have a better idea after Saturday. Wilder doesn't really have the technique to land on Fury, he is too illusive in top form, he'd see Wilder coming a mile off.

I believe he'd struggle to avoid taking a very hard bang off Joshua at some stage over 12 rounds though, he's not blessed with the greatest of boxing technique Johsua but it's gettng better his hands are very fast for a heavyweight and one heavy punch is normally enough for most of those he's faced so far, some of which are far better boxers than given credit for (as we are now seeing, Whyte is actually one of the best heavy weights in the world)

WIlder vs Joshua would simply be who  landed hard on the other first then it'd be curtains. I don't think either has the very strong chin that would be needed  to take the kind of punches being dished out and soon as one of them were to hit the matt the other would be all over them looking for a stoppage, Joshua probably has the better tools to deliver that punch and would win the majority of the time but should they face off Wilder certainly has a chance. Would be the most entertaing fight of the three on the presumption Joshua goes for the knock out not trying to do the Lennox Lewis impression he did against Parker.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh it was a solid offer, acknowledged by Wilder and Finkel and turned down as it was not enough, which to be fair if the fight is worth anywhere near what they think it is worth  they are right it's probably less than 25%. And yes I don't think he's wimped out of the fight by not taking that figure even if it is 10x his highest pay day I'd say that's a matter of opinion, potentially (whilst a lot of money) it's a very small cut. 

A fully fit Tyson Fury boxes the ears off Deontay Wilder that's probably the easiest to call out of all of them but we have no idea what we are getting, we will have a better idea after Saturday. Wilder doesn't really have the technique to land on Fury, he is too illusive in top form, he'd see Wilder coming a mile off.

I believe he'd struggle to avoid taking a very hard bang off Joshua at some stage over 12 rounds though, he's not blessed with the greatest of boxing technique Johsua but it's gettng better his hands are very fast for a heavyweight and one heavy punch is normally enough for most of those he's faced so far, some of which are far better boxers than given credit for (as we are now seeing, Whyte is actually one of the best heavy weights in the world)

WIlder vs Joshua would simply be who  landed hard on the other first then it'd be curtains. I don't think either has the very strong chin that would be needed  to take the kind of punches being dished out and soon as one of them were to hit the matt the other would be all over them looking for a stoppage, Joshua probably has the better tools to deliver that punch and would win the majority of the time but should they face off Wilder certainly has a chance. Would be the most entertaing fight of the three on the presumption Joshua goes for the knock out not trying to do the Lennox Lewis impression he did against Parker.

I’d like to see Whyte have another chance at Joshua. That fight was very early in their development stage and both but in particular whyte has seriously improved since. He is very similar to AJ and Wilder in that he has a devastating hit on him and if he connects it’s game over. He certainly will be ready to mop up any belts that go astray from any mandatories not kept and then someone will have to take him serious and take it off him.

It might not be the greatest of all time heavyweight division but it’s pretty interesting with four big talents and not much to pick between them. I hope Tyson is looking back to his best this week and we will really see the hype begin to ramp up.

• Like 1

Be good tomorrow, got the Fury Wilder angle to it and I also like watching Frampton and it’ll be a belter atmosphere in WP as well. I do think though that if Frampton can get back up to having another go at Santa Cruz he’ll get found out again, although he looked impressive and in good nick last time out against Donaire.

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Apparently he didn’t throw anything at him but still quite funny ? 

Wilders goon going arse over tit especially 

13 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ffs Billy ??

was staged 

warren hosting wilder

BJS randomly turns up at Nandos, whilst wilder is there

Edited by HankMarvin

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh you over  there ? 

youll need a sports bar.

I’m in an old town unfortunately, beautiful place but not much use for sport lol

Managed to watch Leicester earlier but I’m on a loser for the fight unfortunately. 

Ill catch up in here and tomorrow I guess.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

not perhaps buddy

not sure wilder could mention the promotion much more

Wouldn’t say the whole incident was rigged because of that. More than plausible someone was being a muppet 

last night and it’s all forgotten today.

Could well of all been setup though. Ultimately I don’t care lol.

will be much more of this later. Fights clearly signed pending a fury win.