Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45009647

Well....I didn’t see this one coming and will have to see a finalised deal to believe it ?.

AJ and Hearn will be furious that’s one of their bigger pay days seriously compromised.

Hearn will be sick if Fury wins that belt then the whole AJ Power trip is over ! 

Mind you it might be over after his next fight 

On 29/07/2018 at 03:51, Manwell Pablo said:

If thinking last night was not a PPV event makes me a boxing snob then yes I admit I’m a boxing snob I plead guilty.

Boxing for the masses should be exactly that. Not put behind a £20 pay curtain, although if you want to pay £20 every time you want to watch a matchroom card please carry on gushing you are going exactly the right way about it.

I have no objection to these fights, which aren’t even eliminators never mind title fights, taking place. I object to the ridiculous price tag. I wasn’t the only one apparently found it genuinely difficult to find somewhere to watch it last night as nowhere had it on.

Not snob but definitely homo

• Haha 2

Ok, who's going to be first to own up to admitting they know what the score is regarding an upcoming fight between 2 "YouTubers" 

When i first heard I honestly thought it was being held at a local leisure centre, but I kid you not its at the Manchester arena, and have just seen a snippet online that they have done a "Gloves off" show with Jonny Nelson...wtf ??

Edited by EastAnglianFox

9 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ok, who's going to be first to own up to admitting they know what the score is regarding an upcoming fight between 2 "YouTubers" 

When i first heard I honestly thought it was being held at a local leisure centre, but I kid you not its at the Manchester arena, and have just seen a snippet online that they have done a "Gloves off" show with Jonny Nelson...wtf ??

Just two attention seeking twats seeking attention. 

These people are all vile, the pair of them, the Swedish kid with the daft handle, they just promote the culture of teenage "banter lads" being a dick to everyone. 

Who is it that Logan Paul v Ksi or something? 

I’d never heard of either of them until a week or so ago. Looked into what Logan Paul does and the first video I see of him he’s in some forest in Japan with a deceased body hanging from the tree. 

I still don’t know what either of them do now.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who is it that Logan Paul v Ksi or something? 

I’d never heard of either of them until a week or so ago. Looked into what Logan Paul does and the first video I see of him he’s in some forest in Japan with a deceased body hanging from the tree. 

I still don’t know what either of them do now.

They are YouTube sensations, whatever the fck that is.

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

2 people that pretend to hate each other over the internet to make money.

unfortunatley Their target audience of 12 year olds buy into it and make them a large sum. 

Yet we are talking about it and therefore publicising it on the day before a weekend packed for a world title fights and while Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder is literally on the verge of being officially announced.

So who's to blame really lol 

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yet we are talking about it and therefore publicising it on the day before a weekend packed for a world title fights and while Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder is literally on the verge of being officially announced.

I know it’s not over the line yet, but if Fury v Wilder DOES happen, how do you see it going?

50 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know it’s not over the line yet, but if Fury v Wilder DOES happen, how do you see it going?

I seriously hope Tyson does him, it will set up a monumental tie with Joshua. 

The Pikey has nothing to lose though, he can blame it on not being ready if he gets sparked.

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I seriously hope Tyson does him, it will set up a monumental tie with Joshua. 

The Pikey has nothing to lose though, he can blame it on not being ready if he gets sparked.

Yeah, to me it just feels a bit too early in his comeback to win. But you never know with Fury, he could just pull it off.

Gotta say fair play to him and his promoters for getting it agreed so quick after Jushua and Wilder have been fannying around for so long.

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, to me it just feels a bit too early in his comeback to win. But you never know with Fury, he could just pull it off.

Gotta say fair play to him and his promoters for getting it agreed so quick after Jushua and Wilder have been fannying around for so long.

If he has shifted the weight (which it looks like he has) then he has a chance imo. Wilder hasn’t really beaten anyone of note. A fully fit Tyson Fury would be his biggest fight to date and TF being a mentallist might also play a part. Obviously Wilder would be favourite but it will be pretty interesting to say the least.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Impossible to say really until you have a better idea of fury’s condition which I doubt we will have, should think the  Pianeta fight won’t answer all the questions but will be a better indication he’s nowhere near a top heavyweight but he is at least a proper heavyweight and has been in the ring with a lot of boxers you’d of all heard unlike Seferi which was a ridiculous fight. 

Firing on all cylinders fury should outbox him and would be a good bet to avoid getting hit clean but near enough guaranteed he won’t be 100%

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I know and I feel the shame I really do! 

On 06/08/2018 at 12:22, RonnieTodger said:

I would be amazed if Fury v Wilder does happen.

Only just noticed the Frank Warren card announced for Leicester Arena on October 6th.

dubois-davies.thumb.jpg.934da1ea3099928394228fe9899be2f6.jpg

It holds about 2,500 so I can't imagine it'd be difficult to get tickets for? Should be good.

Can see Warren using Leicester semi - regularly with Woodstock and now Bowen on the books, could always see Warren or Hearn getting involved there eventually. Still seem to be struggling to find people to fight him though no opponent yet.  

A champion boxer from Market Harborough is to receive a Green Plaque in his memory in the town, 40 years after his death.

Jack Gardner was crowned heavyweight boxing champion of Great Britain in 1950 – and died at the in 1978 aged 52.

He’s one of six people to receive the honour following a public vote.

The scheme was set up by Leicestershire County Council to recognise and celebrate people who have made an important and enduring contribution to the county.

It’s yet to be decided where the plaque will be erected.

https://harboroughfm.co.uk/harborough-boxing-hero-jack-gardner-to-be-honoured/

Nice touch. One of Leicestershire's lesser known sporting greats.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2018 at 12:46, ARTY_FOX said:

2 people that pretend to hate each other over the internet to make money.

unfortunatley Their target audience of 12 year olds buy into it and make them a large sum. 

pretty much describing real boxing too. it's hugs and kisses at the end when they know the millions are in the bank.

4 hours ago, don_danbury said:

pretty much describing real boxing too. it's hugs and kisses at the end when they know the millions are in the bank.

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

As bad as that is it really has nothing on what the youtubers are doing. But money talks I suppose 

I don’t think it’s all just to build fights and make money with real fighters, although it plays a part. If you can get your opponent emotional it puts them at a disadvantage so it’s a psychological thing as well. Fury did a proper number on Wlads head for example.

Plus I’m not entirely convinced the hugs and kisses mean they like each other it’s about mutual respect you do risk serious injury possibly even your life when you step through the ropes. 

Besides a lot of them don’t really get into the needle these days.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2018 at 17:22, Izzy Muzzett said:

Joshua, or his management, don't want Wilder. That's why it hasn't been made.

Difficult to know with Wilder/Fury. Who knows what Fury will be like. One thing for sure, Fury is awkward and it's styles that make fights. I've a feeling you're right though and it may be a bit early for him.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1