Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Yeah, that gave me a headache just watching - absolute peach of a shot.

Parker's been shocking tonight though - looks like he doesn't want to engage. I can understand that now, but can't really justify it for the previous 9 rounds.

1 minute ago, TeePee said:

Yeah, that gave me a headache just watching - absolute peach of a shot.

Parker's been shocking tonight though - looks like he doesn't want to engage. I can understand that now, but can't really justify it for the previous 9 rounds.

He looks like a fighter who did well at home, took a huge payday, got a taste for it and fancies a few more lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He looks like a fighter who did well at home, took a huge payday, got a taste for it and fancies a few more lol 

Was going to say something similar. Parker's found his gravy train the the UK and he's gonna ride it! Wouldn't be surprised if he fights over here again...

Just now, AjcW said:

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing - this guy was a world champion six months ago, certainly hasn't looked like it tonight.

EDIT: Ooof, nice shot from Parker - Whyte can be caught with those uppercuts, remember that was the shot AJ nearly decapitated him with.

Wow! 

We can complain about these names getting box office but that was a great card from start to finish.

We should know from football that it’s not always about the big names delivering entertainment.

What a night! 

Imagine what Parker could be capable of if he ever grew a pair from the first bell.

Usually very critical of these sorts of nights but fair play not a bad card and decent value if it'd had been on standard sky sports.

45 minutes ago, TeePee said:

What a last round. Got to ask where that was from Parker for the previous 11 rounds though.

Chisora-Whyte 2 as a title eliminator?

No Dillian as earned his shot, would be crazy to risk title shot again he was mandatory anyway. Even if he loses to AJ or wilder the Chisora fight will still do big numbers, but a loss against Chisora and he would have to work his way back to a title shot

38 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Imagine what Parker could be capable of if he ever grew a pair from the first bell.

Usually very critical of these sorts of nights but fair play not a bad card and decent value if it'd had been on standard sky sports.

His too much of a nice guy, even a gent in the ring saw it against AJ  with the touching gloves constantly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

@Manwell Pablo you really are a plonker mi old son!

Tonights boxing has been worth 20 of anyone’s money

:thumbup:

Given the time you posted that I can confirm no matter the fashion nor manner of derek chisora knocking out Carlos takam on the tv it is not worth £20 of anyone’s money. 

The main event was a entertaining fight however, still would of felt gutted paying for it. As the result means next to nothing. 

Tbh it’s sad to see the amount of gushing in here tonight over absolutely nothing fights when this time last week boxing history was being made by a man who delivered a master class of boxing at half the price and literally no one commented. Presumably because he wasn’t British or managed by Eddie Hearn.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No Dillian as earned his shot, would be crazy to risk title shot again he was mandatory anyway. Even if he loses to AJ or wilder the Chisora fight will still do big numbers, but a loss against Chisora and he would have to work his way back to a title shot

I don't see the benefit of Joshua-Whyte 2 yet with Povetkin to come and then presumably Wilder after that for AJ, especially as the first one was finished so decisively.

If Whyte's happy to sit on the sidelines for up to a year, sure, but every day he is out of action, the public forget who he is, and that AJ payday gets a little less lucrative. Take the Chisora fight, maybe even try to get it on the AJ vs Wilder undercard to get eyeballs on it, and get the hype train rolling. As good as Chisora's comeback was, he was losing that fight badly until he landed that overhand right - Whyte should be looking at that fight as one he'll win much more often than not, and if the first fight was anything to go by, it'll be a barn-burner too. Exciting fights make stars. 

3 minutes ago, TeePee said:

I don't see the benefit of Joshua-Whyte 2 yet with Povetkin to come and then presumably Wilder after that for AJ, especially as the first one was finished so decisively.

If Whyte's happy to sit on the sidelines for up to a year, sure, but every day he is out of action, the public forget who he is, and that AJ payday gets a little less lucrative. Take the Chisora fight, maybe even try to get it on the AJ vs Wilder undercard to get eyeballs on it, and get the hype train rolling. As good as Chisora's comeback was, he was losing that fight badly until he landed that overhand right - Whyte should be looking at that fight as one he'll win much more often than not, and if the first fight was anything to go by, it'll be a barn-burner too. Exciting fights make stars. 

Exciting fights are a small convienant extras in making stars. 

Marketing, world title belts and records with a lot of W’s on them go much further. Exhibit A Floyd Mayweather, blokes never had a barn stormer in his career but can generate 100 million dollar fights.

Whyte could well be getting in the ring with AJ in April if the wilder deal is not done he’d be the most logical opponent with the IBF mandatory saga still going on and povetkin being wba and wbo no.1. Presuming AJ beats povetkin and wilder doesn’t drop his belt to presumably breazelle in his next fight I think we will see the  fight everyone wants to see in April. Whyte will just have to keep himself busy till he gets his opportunity.

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Given the time you posted that I can confirm no matter the fashion nor manner of derek chisora knocking out Carlos takam on the tv it is not worth £20 of anyone’s money. 

The main event was a entertaining fight however, still would of felt gutted paying for it. As the result means next to nothing. 

Tbh it’s sad to see the amount of gushing in here tonight over absolutely nothing fights when this time last week boxing history was being made by a man who delivered a master class of boxing at half the price and literally no one commented. Presumably because he wasn’t British or managed by Eddie Hearn.

Utter clap-trap...

Boxing for the masses is as important as boxing for the puritans. You’re just a boxing snob.

It was great to see a couple of complete slug-fests last night. It was like going back to the 80’s!

:celebrate:

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Utter clap-trap...

Boxing for the masses is as important as boxing for the puritans. You’re just a boxing snob.

It was great to see a couple of complete slug-fests last night. It was like going back to the 80’s!

:celebrate:

If thinking last night was not a PPV event makes me a boxing snob then yes I admit I’m a boxing snob I plead guilty.

Boxing for the masses should be exactly that. Not put behind a £20 pay curtain, although if you want to pay £20 every time you want to watch a matchroom card please carry on gushing you are going exactly the right way about it.

I have no objection to these fights, which aren’t even eliminators never mind title fights, taking place. I object to the ridiculous price tag. I wasn’t the only one apparently found it genuinely difficult to find somewhere to watch it last night as nowhere had it on.

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Whyte could well be getting in the ring with AJ in April if the wilder deal is not done he’d be the most logical opponent with the IBF mandatory saga still going on and povetkin being wba and wbo no.1. Presuming AJ beats povetkin and wilder doesn’t drop his belt to presumably breazelle in his next fight I think we will see the  fight everyone wants to see in April. Whyte will just have to keep himself busy till he gets his opportunity.

Yeah, obviously the only way Whyte-Joshua 2 happens in the next 12 months is if the Wilder fight doesn't materialise. If the Wilder fight doesn't happen, then the obvious matchup to make is Whyte-Joshua 2, but I assume we're working on the basis that we both think the Wilder fight's probably going to happen, meaning no window for the fight until September 2019 at least, and if Whyte does need to stay busy, then I can't see a better way of doing so than fighting Chisora again - it'll be high-profile, it'll probably be an exciting fight, and it's a fight he's likely to win against an opponent whose stock is probably artificially high after that last fight.

The other risk in Whyte sitting and waiting for the Joshua fight is that assuming Joshua beats Povetkin, the most likely fight after that is Wilder, assuming Wilder wants it. If AJ wins that fight, we're probably not far off the point at which Tyson Fury is going to be back in the conversation (assuming he's healthy and so on) - again, that's potentially going to be a more marketable fight than a rematch with Whyte, so might jump the queue. At least if Whyte is active and having exciting fights, he's going to be in and around the area when people are making decisions about who gets to fight the golden goose.

(Also, just to point out, I don't actually disagree with you that based on his record Whyte would be more than justified in saying 'no, I've earned my shot' and either waiting for it or padding his streak out by beating a few non-descript Eastern Europeans with inflated records, but I think in terms of making money and putting himself in the best possible position for a big-money fight with AJ, he needs to take a few risks and keep the iron hot.)

• Like 1