Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bizarre lol 

He has a point tbf. He's an idiot and a bit deluded but he's being used to sell the fight card.

I mean I know who Regis Prograis is, but how many other people in here do? Or have actually watched one of his fights? And it's pretty safe to say Taylor is nowhere near the popularity stature to top a PPV bill without a huge opponent. 

Hearn has put this fight on this card for a reason and that's because he's worried about it's credibility as a PPV fight card without a big support fight.

42 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He has a point tbf. He's an idiot and a bit deluded but he's being used to sell the fight card.

I mean I know who Regis Prograis is, but how many other people in here do? Or have actually watched one of his fights? And it's pretty safe to say Taylor is nowhere near the popularity stature to top a PPV bill without a huge opponent. 

Hearn has put this fight on this card for a reason and that's because he's worried about it's credibility as a PPV fight card without a big support fight.

I agree it should be co-headlining, but surely he knew what he signed up for?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was staged to an extent.

I'm a little late to the party commenting on this one, though I saw the press conference on Monday.

Have to agree that though Chisora went about it the wrong way, what he said was right in essence. He's given more than most to both British and World-level boxing and is certainly the carrot dangling for the punters here, not Taylor.

That said, if Parker has any realistic aspirations of regaining a world title, he needs to be getting past the Chisoras of this world.

Edited by Kendal Fox

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Say what you want about Canelo but hes got bollocks with the kind of fights he gets involved with 

But is it going to be fought at a catchweight though?

Kovalev has struggled to make 175 for several years now and if it is at say, 172, he'll be at a major disadvantage, particularly if Canelo inserts a rehydration clause like he has done before.

I think Kovalev has been fading since the Ward fights and the fact he was knocked out by Eleider Alvarez, not a huge puncher, won't have escaped Canelo's attention. Kovalev is vulnerable to the body and if he is weight drained with a catchweight, there's a good chance Canelo can get the stoppage.

To me it will still show Canelo took the easiest route to a world title in a 4th weight class, also factoring in that Kovalev just fought and was almost stopped, with only a few weeks to regroup. That Yarde fight added a lot of miles on an already overdriven clock and I think Sergey just wants the pay check. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Edited by Kendal Fox

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

My concern with this fight has always been Thats a lot of weight to put on for him.

Not that daunting if there's a catchweight and he makes Kovalev adhere to a rehydration clause though. Sergey is looking very weary recently and has always struggled to make 175.

Edited by Kendal Fox

3 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Not that daunting if there's a catchweight and he makes Kovalev adhere to a rehydration clause though. Sergey is looking very weary recently and has always struggled to make 175.

Well this is it it’s a done deal and not seen anything about Kovalev agreeing to a catchweight and a rehydration cause.

175 is pretty huge given he’s only fought the mighty rocky fielding at 168

Edit: As I thought it’s confirmed and signed at 175 with no rehydration clause. No way Kovalev was agreeing to anything else. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well this is it it’s a done deal and not seen anything about Kovalev agreeing to a catchweight and a rehydration cause.

175 is pretty huge given he’s only fought the mighty rocky fielding at 168

Edit: As I thought it’s confirmed and signed at 175 with no rehydration clause. No way Kovalev was agreeing to anything else. 

Well, that's something at least and perhaps Kovalev really is going into this believing he'll win it. From a distance, to those not really following the sport, it of course looks like a massive leap for Canelo.

But given how he easily he dealt with the much taller Chavez Jr and Fielding, I don't think Kovalev's size will be that significant, more whether he has enough left at 36 and after the losses to Ward (which seemed to take something from him mentally), the KO loss to Alvarez and the punishment he took from Yarde, which will only have been 2 months before he fights Canelo.

To me, Kov should have held out for a later date in order to rest and recover adequately before heading into training. Though perhaps their offer was take the fight now, with no strings attached, vs take it in December with a catchweight and rehydration clause. Either that or I'm totally wrong and team Canelo are just confident Kovalev is ripe for the taking.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Assuming Canelo wins, it also begs the question, what is the point in him doing this if he is just going to vacate the belt rather than face the likes likes of Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Bivol etc?  He vacated the super middleweight title a month after winning it so clearly he'll do the same here. For that reason (amongst others) I really hope Kovalev wins.

Edited by Kendal Fox

1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

Well, that's something at least and perhaps Kovalev really is going into this believing he'll win it. From a distance, to those not really following the sport, it of course looks like a massive leap for Canelo.

But given how he easily he dealt with the much taller Chavez Jr and Fielding, I don't think Kovalev's size will be that significant, more whether he has enough left at 36 and after the losses to Ward (which seemed to take something from him mentally), the KO loss to Alvarez and the punishment he took from Yarde, which will only have been 2 months before he fights Canelo.

To me, Kov should have held out for a later date in order to rest and recover adequately before heading into training. Though perhaps their offer was take the fight now, with no strings attached, vs take it in December with a catchweight and rehydration clause. Either that or I'm totally wrong and team Canelo are just confident Kovalev is ripe for the taking.

Chavez was embarrassing in that fight the guy threw about four punches and at elite level fielding is an embarrassment full stop so not much to read into those. Plus we are adding another 7 pounds on here which for a natural light middle/middle weight is huge

For or me the question is entirely can Canelo perform at that weight as if he can he’s the better p4p boxer.

As for why he’s doing it, exactly the same reason Ward did, it’s a belt in a higher weight class, he can say he’s a four weight world champion, he’s going to earn a shed load of money, etc.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Chavez was embarrassing in that fight the guy threw about four punches and at elite level fielding is an embarrassment full stop so not much to read into those. Plus we are adding another 7 pounds on here which for a natural light middle/middle weight is huge

For or me the question is entirely can Canelo perform at that weight as if he can he’s the better p4p boxer.

As for why he’s doing it, exactly the same reason Ward did, it’s a belt in a higher weight class, he can say he’s a four weight world champion, he’s going to earn a shed load of money, etc.

Kov will win

Messy fight from Fury the cuts were very bad , not sure if he has been cut like that before , that was the old Tyson , not impressive but in another way very impressive , wilder knows Tyson is the big fight for him  , depending on what Joshua wants to do once he beats Ruiz that fight wilder v Joshua is also a big deal 

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

More fans watched Rotherham v Tranmere yesterday than Fury v Wallin in Vegas last night. 

How come the arena was less than half full?

Drake and Calvin Harris playing on the strip the same time was the excuse ! 

But I believe that in Vegas it’s either a super fight and you get sold out or it’s a shit fight And you get half a stadium and on paper this was a shit fight 

But for $80m these are the fights you have To take and the places you have to take them in 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Shots fired 

“If I had my say, the lot would be gone. If he keeps hold of that team, they’re gonna cost him his career, I’ll say it live on TV. The team around him now, Ben Davison, whatever he’s got in charge of the business needs to have a look in the mirror.”

John Fury on BT 

Bit sly an opportunist that for me. 

I’m bemused as to why he put Ben Davidson in charge who effectively is just his mate, but you can’t really argue with beating wilder in a near punch perfect performance and getting done by dodgy judges,  plus backing it up by knocking Tom Scwartz into next week. He started slow and got cut and it hampered him for the rest of the fight and he still outboxed Wallin.

22 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I forgot to mention he also fought Danny Jacobs, who is taller than Kovalev and was able to nullify the height and reach there.

But I think he is getting Kovalev at the right time and might be able to use his quicker feet and hands to keep out of the way of Kovalev's big shots, whilst firing a few trademark combinations throughout the 12 rounds to pick up a points win.

On the other hand, if Kov has anything left and uses his brain to box, with that ram rod jab and if he has his legs, I can see him eventually being able to time when Canelo comes in to fire off those trademark combos, and land his own straight, heavy punches. In that case, it's possible he'd either get Canelo late or dare I say, win a decision by largely keeping out the smaller, shorter man and visibly hurting him on occcasion. It's possible as there has been so much controversy with Canelo winning decisions going back to the Austin Trout fight.

But that's a big if and it could be that he knows he's on the slide and is just going in there for the payday, given the lack of time for him to recover from the Yarde fight.

Edited by Kendal Fox