Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

Charging their own fans and fans from other clubs £30 rather a lot this season for all category A games, look how many of them there are:

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10309~2407093,00.html

Cant believe many of their fans will pay that much to see Bristol, Pompey , Blackpool and Hull.

Shocking

AS much as this is a rip off im still gonna go. Im a member what are the chances of this selling out by Thursday next week? Should i gamble and book my train tickets? thanks

Not a chance of this selling out by members day, be very surprised if it sells out at all with those prices.

Same.

Really want to go but theres comes a point when you've got to stand up to stupid ticket prices

Apparently it's £14 more than Crystal Palace are being asked to pay, I think I'm capable of seeing when someone's trying to rip me off.

Apparently it's £14 more than Crystal Palace are being asked to pay, I think I'm capable of seeing when someone's trying to rip me off.

Its a disgrace.

I don't know if we (LCFC) have any say in the categories, but if we've just accepted this then thats a piss take to!

Shame really, mind you I do remember charging Barnsley fans full whack the year we got relegated to L1 when we were charging a tenner!

Hi

Looking at going to Barnsley away from London. Were do other City supporters meet to travel to away games. I usually drive but going to try the train this time with my youngest lad. Would be greatful for some info

Hi

Looking at going to Barnsley away from London. Were do other City supporters meet to travel to away games. I usually drive but going to try the train this time with my youngest lad. Would be greatful for some info

Hi mate, Assume you will get the train from St Pancras to Sheffield. You will have to change at Sheffield, there are quite a few trains that go on to Barnsley.

Merc

Supporters' chief Cliff Ginnetta has joined the opposition to Barnsley's decision to hike their ticket prices for Leicester City's Championship visit to south Yorkshire on September 10.

Match-day admission has gone up from £23 to £30 for the clash at Oakwell, and Ginnetta said he knows fans who are planning a boycott, which was revealed in Gary Silke's Mercury column yesterday.

"This is a bit of a worrying trend and I don't think it is Barnsley's best interests either," said Ginnetta, the chairman of the official supporters group.

"Surely, they would prefer us to bring a lot of fans who will also spend money on the day.

"I don't think fans have any real objection to paying high prices for the derby games against Derby and Nottingham Forest, but £30 for Barnsley is a bit excessive. Perhaps it's because we always seem to win there!"

Ginnetta said it is also a disappointing move as his members are finding it tougher to commit to home and away fixtures because of cash restraints.

"It's tough for a lot of them and they have to pick and choose their games," he said.

"Something like this will put a lot of them off. Putting up the ticket by £7 is a lot and I don't agree with it."

A Barnsley spokesman said the clash against Leicester was classed as a Category A fixture, with category B games costing £23.

"Leicester were put in Category A because of the size of the club and its ambition based on their signings in the summer," said the spokesman.

"We like to think we are still one of the most competitive clubs in the Championship when it comes to the price of away tickets."

This is all so horribly embarrassing and cringeworthy.

Does no one remember when we had a cheap ticket offer for a tenner at home to Barnsley but didn't extend the offer to them so they had to pay full-whack? Fair eh?

And we categorise our games just as Barnsley are doing - their A B C system is just the same as Gold / Platinum.

No Leicester City fan moaning about Barnsley's ticket policy has a leg to stand on when you consider our own ticketing policies.

If you can afford to go, go. If you can't, don't. But not going on the pretense that you're "boycotting" because of ticket prices is an absolute joke.

Firstly, that was Doncaster, I do however agree that was a disgrace.

Sorry, you think its the fans' fault?

That's what pisses me off, it's like when we go to Ipswich and always get lumped with their stupid price "oooh lets charge them cvnts £30 and see how they like it".

Sorry, do you think the Ipswich fans themselves decided that? Why punish their fans and leave the people who actually determined the price totally unscathed?

I think it's brilliant that our fans may do this and it's a breath of fresh air that our own fans may be showing real unity against one of the worst things about modern football. If we arranged a boycott which lead to Barnsley reducing the price to £23, then it'd be one of my proudest moments as an LCFC fan and would leave all the shit about our fans being thrown out for being "too noisy" as a distant memory.

And their categorising system is a fvcking embarrassment and probably one of the most stupid, thoughtless ones I've seen.

They've basically reduced the price for 6/7 teams, one of them being Southampton for their first away trip, and yet Portsmouth who have the same journey to make, mid-season, have to pay more? Tell me what on earth made them think Pompey would bring more?

Reading, one of the worst supported sides in the division - full whack. Yet Middlesbrough, far more local to Barnsley, get £23?

It's literally like they've drawn some sides out of a hat. I agree Leicester will take one of the bigger ends to Barnsley, well, would've, but there's no need at all and I find it completely unfair that teams categorise, Leeds are the biggest losers from this.

Archived