Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

Not just a few quid though is it? £8 on a ticket, cost of petrol etc, Barnsley was always regarded as a good day out and has been £18-22 for adults for quite some time, just like forest and derby has been £28-30, the fact that the town itself has been in recession since 1984 Miners strike and hasnt come out of it, was the main reason that the prices at Oakwell were always low to average, just because we've spent 10 million quid doesnt mean we've all got an extra £20 in our pockets to get up there and get into the shithole!

The point is that we're now perceived as a "big" club in this division. As a consequence, others will treat games against us with the intensity of cup finals. In some cases, as here, ticket prices will be adjusted accordingly.

It seems rather bizarre the board is apparently prepared to shell out over £6m for a striker and fans on here are quibbling about the price being charged to see him make his probable debut. If the increase really is a issue, then maybe some folk will have to give a miss to that pre-match session in the Metrodome.

Some people on here have more money than sense it would appear.

Saying 'oh its only 30 quid' guarantee these people are the people that are u18 and have their parents giving them money, not having a clue how much £30 plus the extras is for a bloke that needs to live, but also wants to go to the football.

People need to realize this is Barnsley, not a PL game or whatever.

I refuse to go and pay.

Some people on here have more money than sense it would appear.

Saying 'oh its only 30 quid' guarantee these people are the people that are u18 and have their parents giving them money, not having a clue how much £30 plus the extras is for a bloke that needs to live, but also wants to go to the football.

People need to realize this is Barnsley, not a PL game or whatever.

I refuse to go and pay.

Likewise, I am not going to bother, as much as I hate Cov they dropped their prices for an opening day midlands derby when they could have easily taken the piss, Barnsley meanwhile (who barely get above 12000 each game) have decided to charge their own fans £19.50 for two tickets and us £60 for 2 adult tickets, what will they do next year if we meet again I wonder?

Hope all you students enjoy the day out because when tuition fees go up to £9,000 per year you won't be able to afford it either.

The tuition fees get payed off at the start of the year don't they, then students get a personal loans?

Hope all you students enjoy the day out because when tuition fees go up to £9,000 per year you won't be able to afford it either.

Tuition fees have no effect on personal finance. The loans provided by the Student Loan Company go straight to the university and never come close to us students.

Why are you posting towards fellow city fans in such a begrudging way anyway?

Completely torn but either everyone boycotts or no-one does, taking 500 or less would be class and really send the message out after last years 3,000 odd, but I fear 1-1,500 will show and it'll just look shit like a Derby following.

Not happy to pay that amount except for London/Forest, but with no good away not ruined by sunday ko's till West Ham, it'll be a long 2 months. Group decision will be made.

Completely torn but either everyone boycotts or no-one does, taking 500 or less would be class and really send the message out after last years 3,000 odd, but I fear 1-1,500 will show and it'll just look shit like a Derby following.

Not happy to pay that amount except for London/Forest, but with no good away not ruined by sunday ko's till West Ham, it'll be a long 2 months. Group decision will be made.

yep

I've boycotted most matches since 1994.

:ph34r:

Not happy to pay that amount except for London/Forest, but with no good away not ruined by sunday ko's till West

Ham, it'll be a long 2 months. Group decision will be made.

Yea I still think we will take 2000

I really wanted to go and I can afford it but £30 is a no no. Sometimes you have to say hang on a minute you taking the p1ss.

Boycott for me!

No what you mean, but because we've had a week break, it's made me up for this game, plus I go on holiday on the Sunday,so 4 weeks without football would my eyes bleed!!!

My friends who support Liverpool/Chelsea sometimes pay £70-80 for away games I don't call them a MUG I call then I true supporter they spend most of there money on going to watch them. Not paying another £7 to go watch the team you love and support through thick an thin is up to the individual but I no I'll be there. Get behind the team they need you!

No, paying upwards of 70 quid for a football match is being a Grade A mug.

This is usually a quality away but there is no chance I will pay those sorts of prices for a football match.

Archived