Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FeedTheYakLCFC

Barnsley Away - Boycott?

personally I think all tickets are overpriced especially our own!

buying a Season ticket with an U18 at city makes mine a very good deal. However if it was on a match to match basis I really doubt I would travel 50 miles on top of playing £30 for a ticket, in the current climate everything is going up in price and you seriously need to think about cutting back on things.

Can I justify paying £20 petrol, £30 for a ticket + whatever else to spend 90mins in Barnsley? don't think so

Since when has any away fan been given the same conditions or prices than home fans. Barnsley can charge whatever they want and they obviously know we are going to probably sell our allocation at £30 a head. if not they will be better off in the fact that the people who do go will have paid more. It is unfortunately supply and demand. If we get promoted them we will be thinking" I wish we could go to Barnsley for £30" as most away games will be well over £50 a ticket if we are lucky and we will probably get tonked out of sight. It may be £30 but don't let that stop you going if you want to. Go, get behind the team, watch another away win and enjoy the day .

Since when has any away fan been given the same conditions or prices than home fans. Barnsley can charge whatever they want and they obviously know we are going to probably sell our allocation at £30 a head. if not they will be better off in the fact that the people who do go will have paid more. It is unfortunately supply and demand. If we get promoted them we will be thinking" I wish we could go to Barnsley for £30" as most away games will be well over £50 a ticket if we are lucky and we will probably get tonked out of sight. It may be £30 but don't let that stop you going if you want to. Go, get behind the team, watch another away win and enjoy the day .

When and if we get promoted that will be me bowing out of seeing LCFC live after 45+ years. I'll not pay those prices even if I could afford them.

When and if we get promoted that will be me bowing out of seeing LCFC live after 45+ years. I'll not pay those prices even if I could afford them.

Hopefully we will have a scheme acceptable to loyal fans when we are promoted, but this issue is about the match against Barnsley which some peolpe are talking about boycotting.

The whole pricing issue of football is another whole issue. i watched the barcelona game against porto and suddenly started thinking about how much being a Barca fan must be costing. on top of the price of £250 to see the champions league final as well as the travel then the 2 legged game against Real and then the Euro Super cup in Monaco all before their season starts and in a country with 24% unemployment. I hope the Man City fans are preparing themselves for this lifestyle.....can't see ur average Man City fan from down town Moss side paying to see all these games. Arsenal took hardly anyone to Udinese and again what would it have cost to get there and back on a midweek night. Barsley for £30 bring it on , lets put it in perspective.

Hopefully we will have a scheme acceptable to loyal fans when we are promoted, but this issue is about the match against Barnsley which some peolpe are talking about boycotting.

The whole pricing issue of football is another whole issue. i watched the barcelona game against porto and suddenly started thinking about how much being a Barca fan must be costing. on top of the price of £250 to see the champions league final as well as the travel then the 2 legged game against Real and then the Euro Super cup in Monaco all before their season starts and in a country with 24% unemployment. I hope the Man City fans are preparing themselves for this lifestyle.....can't see ur average Man City fan from down town Moss side paying to see all these games. Arsenal took hardly anyone to Udinese and again what would it have cost to get there and back on a midweek night. Barsley for £30 bring it on , lets put it in perspective.

You brought up the potential PL issue to which I responded and I've already said all I need to about Barnsley and the Championship prices.

Why are Barnsley taking so much flak?

We don't see this whinging when Derby or Forest charge us £30 (and sometimes more).

And when the FA charge £50 for a cup/play-off final (which will be live on TV anyway) at Wembley we'll be happy to fork out.

This quibbling over a few quid makes us look cheapskate.

We don't see this whinging when Derby or Forest charge us £30 (and sometimes more).

And when the FA charge £50 for a cup/play-off final (which will be live on TV anyway) at Wembley we'll be happy to fork out.

Maybe because they've increased the price by £7 since last season as for Derby/Forest they've always charged higher and could be viewed as a platinum type game if you believe in that nonsense but there's nothing about the Barnsley / Leicester game to warrant it being a platinum, they presumable have done it because they see us as a 'big spending' club with mega rich owners (myth).

And just because the FA are money grabbing, although play-off finals are FL doesn't justify others over charging.

Not just a few quid though is it? £8 on a ticket, cost of petrol etc, Barnsley was always regarded as a good day out and has been £18-22 for adults for quite some time, just like forest and derby has been £28-30, the fact that the town itself has been in recession since 1984 Miners strike and hasnt come out of it, was the main reason that the prices at Oakwell were always low to average, just because we've spent 10 million quid doesnt mean we've all got an extra £20 in our pockets to get up there and get into the shithole!

Not just a few quid though is it? £8 on a ticket, cost of petrol etc, Barnsley was always regarded as a good day out and has been £18-22 for adults for quite some time, just like forest and derby has been £28-30, the fact that the town itself has been in recession since 1984 Miners strike and hasnt come out of it, was the main reason that the prices at Oakwell were always low to average, just because we've spent 10 million quid doesnt mean we've all got an extra £20 in our pockets to get up there and get into the shithole!

well said

'Let's put it in perspective'- quite right! This is Barnsley away for God's sake! Barca, Porto, Real etc play in some of the biggest games in football (not trying to justify the prices) so you're always going to be paying top dollar for top quality.

Whether Leicester, Forest or Barnsley charge £30- it's still too much for a game of this calibre. It's all about the principle for me; increasing tickets by nearly 25% is unacceptable

Guest Mee-9

Bit daft isn't it?

Adults tickets are usually more than £30. Who gives a shit? We need to accept we've got money, and clubs are going to charge us more.

When teams like Forest, Leeds etc come here then we charge more than teams such as Barnsley, Doncaster etc. Because of our new owners and our spending, we have been promoted in the eyes of other clubs to a team that they can justify charging more. For example, if Man City came here last time we were in the PL then they'd be cheap, but now they're draw is so big we'd put the prices up. Unfortunately it's one of them things that comes with spending the money that we have done. Overnight we've become a club that fans of other teams want to see a lot more than they did last year or the year before. However, that really sucks for Leicester fans travelling away as there's no extra draw for us going to see Barnsley away than there ever has been before, so in all fairety away tickets should be similar to last year!

Archived