Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Favourite Albums Of 2011 So Far?

I'd probably go with this as my top ten:

1) The Horrors - Skying

2) Drive-By Truckers - Go-Go Boots

3) Erland and The Carnival - Nightingale

4) Battles - Gloss Drop

5) Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

6) Metronomy - The English Riviera

7) The Leisure Society - Into The Murky Water

8) Apache Dropout - Apache Dropout

9) Chapel Club - Palace

10) My Morning Jacket - Circuital

but also enjoyed albums by the Vaccines, I Am In Love, The Decemberists and Noah and The Whale.

Interested to see what others pick, especially if I haven't heard them.

the-wombats-this-modern-glitch.jpg

By an absolute mile.

Really? I thought the first album was decent, and "Tokyo" is a good tune, but I was underwhelmed with the rest of what I heard from TMG. Then again, I only heard it once and I wasn't really concentrating as my little boy was constantly interrupting me to play football with him. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Really? I thought the first album was decent, and "Tokyo" is a good tune, but I was underwhelmed with the rest of what I heard from TMG. Then again, I only heard it once and I wasn't really concentrating as my little boy was constantly interrupting me to play football with him. Maybe I'll give it another try.

+

Never actually got round to hearing the Friendly Fires one. Will give it a listen. Quite liked the two tracks I did hear.

= Loss of credibility

So far my favs albums are from, Gotye, Yuksek, Friendly Fires, Wombats, Architechure in Helsinki, Foster the People.

+

= Loss of credibility

So far my favs albums are from, Gotye, Yuksek, Friendly Fires, Wombats, Architechure in Helsinki, Foster the People.

I lost credibility because a Wombats album didn't blow me away on first listen and haven't got round to hearing a Friendly Fires one? Come on, it's not like I'm picking a Scouting For Girls album is it?

I lost credibility because a Wombats album didn't blow me away on first listen and haven't got round to hearing a Friendly Fires one? Come on, it's not like I'm picking a Scouting For Girls album is it?

Not sure who scouting for girls are but probably

WU LYF - Go Tell Fire To The Mountain

Radiohead - King Of Limbs

Balam Acab - Wander Wonder

J Mascis - Several Shades of Why

Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

Gil Scott Heron & Jamie xx - We're New Here

James Blake - James Blake

Bon Iver - Bon Iver

The new Gotye album is excellent.

Others:

Blood Orange - Coastal Grooves

The Deep Dark Woods - The Place I Left Behind (I'm usually not so much into folk music, but this is a brilliant amalgamate of Springsteen, Dylan, Neil Young and then some country - the lead singer's got a great voice, too)

Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra

Hooray For Earth - True Loves

Liam Finn - FOMO

Mother Mother - Eureka

Washed Out - Within And Without

Young Galaxy - Shapeshifting

Zeus - Say Us

1,2,3 - New Heaven

Also looking forward to Forest Fire's sophomore album, Staring At The X:

Forest-Fire-Staring-at-the-X.jpg

Skying by The Horrors is a stonking album.

To throw another name into the ring, Smart Flesh by The Low Anthem.

Quite enjoyed Is This Hyperreal by Atari Teenage Riot and Wasting Light by the Foos was a return to form for me without being too outstanding.

Certainly is Trav.

Forgot the Foos one. I agree that is indeeed a decent album.

Must remember to have a listen to your radio show, incidentally. Doubt if I can access it at work, but if I get a chance tomorrow when I get home I'll give it a whirl.

Cheers.

That's funny, I could have sworn Let England Shake was from last year, but it appears I'm getting ahead of myself.

I remember years ago, she played at the Charlotte, and was flustered because she'd left something behind at her hotel room and nobody was available to give

her a lift there, so my mate Nick did so.

Now, Nick's quite a scary driver (or at least he was back then) so I always delight in reminding him how much darker her music became after that night. lol

Archived