Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Beckford Signs.

if you have a spare few minutes and are really bored (like i am at work) read back through some of the beckford thread in the transfer section, some classic tweets from a lot of usually reliable sources and there is a few people in the forum now that now should probably change there under crackers!! I think this is a major +1 for Sven getting a player like beckford for less than 5 mill (if reports are correct) is a steal with teams knowing how much cash we have got is a great bit of business bravo over Sven bravo! :sge:

This

Great piece of business

Totally estatic by this

People that are saying Beckford could be number 9 do realise it will NEVER HAPPEN unless Steve Howard is sold? If he goes out on loan he's still our player, there for he would still have a squad number here. He'll be number 20 I think.

Similar situation at Chelsea with Benayoun. Whilst on the surface it looks like he changed his number to 30-something to make way for Mata, that would actually be against the PL rules. From what I remember reading, Chelsea got away with it because they showed intent to sell Benayoun and as a result the PL allowed it to happen.

I think Beckford will be 24 anyway. Just a guess :)

With all things considered given the lateness of the signing, the price and the whole saga we have had with numerous strikers I think we've done VERY, VERY well to get Beckford. He will score goals at this level I have no doubt. The likes of Mackail-Smith, Rickie Lambert, Simon Cox, Gary Hooper, Danny Graham and Grant Holt have all scored 20-30 goals at League One in a season and then gone on to score regularly in The Championship and Beckford will be no different. He's proven he can score in the PL as well at a decent rate given the circumstances he had at Everton.

I am delighted and thankful this is over now.

A winger in on loan to provide Jermaine with some decent crosses and we've got a squad that should easily challenge for a top 6 place. Ryo Mayaichi come on down please.

With all things considered given the lateness of the signing, the price and the whole saga we have had with numerous strikers I think we've done VERY, VERY well to get Beckford. He will score goals at this level I have no doubt. The likes of Mackail-Smith, Rickie Lambert, Simon Cox, Gary Hooper, Danny Graham and Grant Holt have all scored 20-30 goals at League One in a season and then gone on to score regularly in The Championship and Beckford will be no different. He's proven he can score in the PL as well at a decent rate given the circumstances he had at Everton.

A winger in on loan to provide Jermaine with some decent crosses and we've got a squad that should easily challenge for a top 6 place. Ryo Miyaichi come on down please.

Teenage Arsenal winger? Sounds too reminiscent of Ryan Smith. He might benefit by having Yuki as a mentor but is a risk I doubt Sven will take.

A winger in on loan to provide Jermaine with some decent crosses and we've got a squad that should easily challenge for a top 6 place. Ryo Mayaichi come on down please.

Top Two is the aim :thumbup:

Have you not studied algebra my boy?

Hehe :-D. Only rudimentary studies in my formative years. I guess Beckford would look pretty cool with an X or something. It could be employed for players who are considered an unknown quantity. Hoho.

Teenage Arsenal winger? Sounds too reminiscent of Ryan Smith. He might benefit by having Yuki as a mentor but is a risk I doubt Sven will take.

I got way too excited about Ryan Smith but trust me, Ryo Mayaichi is different gravy. Yuki will help him settle in to England as well. Have a butchers what Ryo did at Feyenoord last season. Frightening.

Why not? So long as he has the desire to win things I don't see why he shouldn't compliment the team whether he's a bit of a loner or not. For me we've had too many conformists and not enough people who sing to their own tune.

People like Schmiechel who genuinely hurts when things

go wrong and lets people know about it, like Walshie used too. People who believe in themselves whatever and people like Roy Keane who will say what they think instead of just what people want to hear.

You need that attitude in a club whether it's comfortable or not. Look at the likes Cantona or Tevez, irrepressible

people who have their views but that doesn't stop them being effective on a football field and you'll find such individuals in most good teams.

Eighty goals in 144 games for Championship clubs is the sort of input we've been desperate for and, with Nugent,

Schlupp and Vassell all capable of adding movement then surely we can create goals for fun whether the bloke would win a popularity contest or not.

If he shows his 'arrogance' and his 'passion' on the field then he could be a top signing at this level.

If he starts to upset things off the field then he could be another DJ Campbell....

I hope we see the former not the latter

The Leeds fans apparently never really took him to their hearts because of his off the field antics

I hope he's matured and has come to Leicester because he wants to get promotion with us

Beckford might be the best finisher in the air that we'll have had since Brian Deane and we've lacked a player that can do that. Howard for his height, has been pony at attaacking crosses for us. We do need to make sure we play to Beckfords strengths though, luckily he's quick as well and I can see him and Nugent complimenting each other well.

Very excited.

Archived