Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KIRBYFOX93

Micheal Johnson

Is it time to give him a start in the first 11 ?? He looked impressive when he came on. What was most effective about his play was the fact he ran at the defenders playing creative passes. However that was only for the last 10-15 mins? Is he ready for a full 90??? Personally i would drop king and give him a run out for 60 mins then replace with king???

Up the blues

I think once he's fit he'll be an almost automatic pick.

Thought he looked good when he came on but I'm not as excited as some - he did run down a couple of blind alleys and he did give the ball away twice. Having said that we looked more threatening almost as soon as he came on which bodes well.

drop Wellens play Johnson on Wednesday and drop Vassell for Nugent too

Get real. Vass is Svens favourite, and has been one of our most consistent players so far, Nugent is just coming back from injury and will not be match fit.

It makes no sense to start Nugent for me. I'd rather see Fernandes dropped than Wellens too.

Get real. Vass is Svens favourite, and has been one of our most consistent players so far, Nugent is just coming back from injury and will not be match fit.

It makes no sense to start Nugent for me. I'd rather see Fernandes dropped than Wellens too.

I'd have Fernandes as the deep man in midfield, fair enough on the Nugent point but still think Nugent/Beckford would be our best pairing

I'd have Fernandes as the deep man in midfield, fair enough on the Nugent point but still think Nugent/Beckford would be our best pairing

Totally agree - especially when they've had a few games together and both at full match fitness.

In essence Fernades is one of our best defenders due to his incredible engine, pressing etc. Think I would drop Wellens, but time will tell.

Looked today like Fernandes' engine had blown up then. He had a shocker. No pressing or urgency. Johnson is our best midfielder, Sven needs to play him now from the start to build up his match fitness.

Is it time to give him a start in the first 11 ?? He looked impressive when he came on. What was most effective about his play was the fact he ran at the defenders playing creative passes. However that was only for the last 10-15 mins? Is he ready for a full 90??? Personally i would drop king and give him a run out for 60 mins then replace with king???

Up the blues

I've no idea whether Johnson's got 45 minutes in him let alone 90 and am quite sure all our players could look lively for 15 minutes.

As for replacing King - one of only two players who ever looked like scoring today - that will have one instant effect. It will reduce the number of potential scorers in our side even further.

We had very few out there today as it was and you want to leave us with what precisely as far as serious goal threats are concerned?. Beckford for an hour or so, Schlupp for the remainder and a vague threat from Vassell and Mills. Brilliant!.

Abe rarely scores or makes goals.

Wellens rarely scores and doesn't defend well.

Fernandes rarely scores, rarely makes goals and doesn't defend especially well.

Yet you want to leave King out. Our club's most prolific scorer by a distance and a guy who virtually guarantees double figures in goals every season.

Whatever next. Leave Kasper out and replace him with blow-up doll?

I've no idea whether Johnson's got 45 minutes in him let alone 90 and am quite sure all our players could look lively for 15 minutes.

As for replacing King - one of only two players who ever looked like scoring today - that will have one instant effect. It will reduce the number of potential scorers in our side

even further.

We had very few out there today as it was and you want to leave us with what precisely as far as serious goal threats are concerned?. Beckford for an hour or so, Schlupp for the remainder and a vague threat from Vassell and Mills. Brilliant!.

Yet you want to leave King out. Our club's most prolific scorer by a distance and a guy who virtually guarantees

double figures in goals every season.

Hehe King dropped for Johnson? Oh dear.. I think Johnson is still a risk but Abe would be the one I'd leave out if I had to

As for replacing King - one of only two players who ever looked like scoring today - that will have one instant effect. It will reduce the number of potential scorers in our side even further.

Yet you want to leave King out. Our club's most prolific scorer by a distance and a guy who virtually guarantees double figures in goals every season.

Tony, if you want to go to bed with Andy - just ask the guy.

I'd pick him ahead of Fernandes.

drop Wellens play Johnson on Wednesday and drop Vassell for Nugent too

Why drop Vassell? I don't understand all this drop Vassell business, the man is a good player and we need him in our team.

If we're going to bring Nugent back, I'd like to see a 4-4-2, with the midfield being Vassell -- Wellens -- Johnson -- Dyer (there is no other option until we sign Kebe ;))

I'd pick him ahead of Fernandes.

Why drop Vassell? I don't understand all this drop Vassell business, the man is a good player and we need him in our team.

If we're going to bring Nugent back, I'd like to see a 4-4-2, with the midfield being Vassell -- Wellens -- Johnson -- Dyer (there is no other option until we sign Kebe ;))

For me, Vassell is decent. No better no worse, not a quality striker at this level, but times shows he can be. He should always be in the squad.

The problem is I dont feel, and I'm sure others agree, he should be playing when Nugent is back, it should be Nugent and Beckford up front. Just because we will get more goals.

But Vassell like it oer not, is a Sven favourite and will always play regardless. I worry he will go 4-3-3 just to accomodate Vassell, and if he does, that really will show poor management.

The problem is I dont feel, and I'm sure others agree, he should be playing when Nugent is back, it should be Nugent and Beckford up front. Just because we will get more goals.

I want to see Nugent -- Beckford up front, but when that does happen, I'd also like to see Vassell playing left midfield.

He gets unfair criticism Vassell, and has been consistant since signing.

I want to see Nugent -- Beckford up front, but when that does happen, I'd also like to see Vassell playing left midfield.

He gets unfair criticism Vassell, and has been consistant since signing.

I dont criticise Vassell, just think he isnt the long term answer.

As for playing him on the left I'd have to disagree. His best games have been as a striker and he cant play LM in a diamond which has three other central midfielders in it, the balance would be all wrong.

I wouldnt worry anyway, he will always be in the team.

Archived