Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

the obvious answer to racism bullying etc is to learn to live with it, it will never go away because we're human and by instinct we all hate each other. hidus hate sikhs, is this racist?

english hate welsh and the jocks hate the english, english hate the germans and the germans hate the poles...on it goes and we can't do f**k all about it...but grassing...now thats just not british

I Understand your frustration but get a book out of the library on human psychology and you will see the primeval bent in all of us is not going to go away because we deny it is part of us, and therefore are not capable as a whole of ever changing. History bears this fact out.

Had to laugh at that. are you a politician?

I Understand your frustration but get a book out of the library on human psychology and you will see the primeval bent in all of us is not going to go away because we deny it is part of us, and therefore are not capable as a whole of ever changing. History bears this fact out.

What!

The point being made by a previous poster was that it was kids making the racist chants, but that this was acceptable because they found it 'funny'.

Therefore, those kids were bringing racism TO football, not merely finding it AT football...

Of course kids should come to football matches... But that's a completely different point to the one I was making.

Ie that racism starts in some young people and if not stopped can become endemic....

Haha yea I know what you were getting at, and I wasnt having a dig at you mate, I was jsut a little bored and your post COULD have been read like that.

It'll probably happen anyway. Soon, only elderly disabled homosexual Britons of non-caucasian descent will be allowed in the grounds, where they will be able to watch a match of football that has become more akin to netball, but with the use of feet, where the person with the ball cannot move and there will be no contact made, otherwise our great leader Kim Jong Un will press the big red button.

the obvious answer to racism bullying etc is to learn to live with it, it will never go away because we're human and by instinct we all hate each other.

Really? Those nurseries must be real battlegrounds then...

hindus hate sikhs, is this racist?

No it's just wrong - both in a moral and factual sense. Thousands of Hindus and Sikhs live peacefully side-by-side in Leicester and elsewhere. There are tensions in certain parts of India, but generalisations such as yours are not helpful.

english hate welsh and the jocks hate the english, english hate the germans and the germans hate the poles...on it goes and we can't do f**k all about it...but grassing...now thats just not british

Well it obviously is, or the likes of Ronnie Biggs and the Krays wouldn't have been banged up. Would the streets really be safer with gangsters roaming them? Ask the folk of Nottingham.. lol

All i'm saying is racism will never be stamped out and white football fans will always sing racist songs against leicester, more so now because they know it pisses us off. The answer is to humour them like man u fans do when they sing "who the f**k are man untied". They do this because years ago everyone used to sing this to em so they basically reversed the tables and sang it at themselves which stopped anyone singing it at them. We should sing "We're just a small town in baghdad" on tuesday night and i bet you'll never hear it sung at us again.

All i'm saying is racism will never be stamped out and white football fans will always sing racist songs against leicester, more so now because they know it pisses us off. The answer is to humour them like man u fans do when they sing "who the f**k are man untied". They do this because years ago everyone used to sing this to em so they basically reversed the tables and sang it at themselves which stopped anyone singing it at them. We should sing "We're just a small town in baghdad" on tuesday night and i bet you'll never hear it sung at us again.

Worst comparison ever. Worst idea ever.

What about if we started singing "We're a town full of Pakis!" would that also work.?

I'm not sure if I am agreeing with him, or pointing how ludicrous his suggestion is, there is certainly some argument that by not getting pissed off by others comments and embracing our cultural diversity we will remove the offence caused by those songs. It would mess with the morally outraged.

"They used the P word, but it was in a positive way, argh!!!" and watch their heads explode.

How would some of our asian fans on here feel if we did sing songs embracing our cultural diversity?

lads this thread is so pc its unreal. come on, i have loads of mates who watch city and none of them really care and dont dwell on it.

yes the scum that abused the lad outside the ground should be dealt with, but i remember city fans singing instanbull to leeds fans after they got stabbed. we have people here like that at leicester too so it works both ways. it wont ever be stamped out as the rivalry between football fans is very strong.

just let it drop, if you dont like it next time you see it, report it or tell the people themsleves doing it to F**k off!

What about if we started singing "We're a town full of Pakis!" would that also work.?

I'm not sure if I am agreeing with him, or pointing how ludicrous his suggestion is, there is certainly some argument that by not getting pissed off by others comments and embracing our cultural diversity we will remove the offence caused by those songs. It would mess with the morally outraged.

"They used the P word, but it was in a positive way, argh!!!" and watch their heads explode.

How would some of our asian fans on here feel if we did sing songs embracing our cultural diversity?

I can see the logic in this and if sung by those effected may work but even so would still legally be a racist chant.

lads this thread is so pc its unreal. come on, i have loads of mates who watch city and none of them really care and dont dwell on it.

yes the scum that abused the lad outside the ground should be dealt with, but i remember city fans singing instanbull to leeds fans after they got stabbed. we have people here like that at leicester too so it works both ways. it wont ever be stamped out as the rivalry between football fans is very strong.

just let it drop, if you dont like it next time you see it, report it or tell the people themsleves doing it to F**k off!

How many of these mates you have are asian or been directly effected by racism. Although i do agree with the last sentance about reporting them or telling them to politely go away.

Spurs chant yid yid yid for the same reason

True, I still wouldn't call a Jewish spurs fan a yid though, there is also connections there with the hooligan element and the "yid army" of the seventies.

Although I seem to remember Derby fans chanting Sheep Shag Army, or something similar, trying to reclaim sheep shagger, we still call them sheep shaggers though.

True, I still wouldn't call a Jewish spurs fan a yid though, there is also connections there with the hooligan element and the "yid army" of the seventies.

Although I seem to remember Derby fans chanting Sheep Shag Army, or something similar, trying to reclaim sheep shagger, we still call them sheep shaggers though.

Being called a sheep shagger is NOT racist, there is a test case that confirms this. The argument is that anyone of any race or creed can be a sheep shagger.

Christ on a moped if your Ginger you don't have to got to football matches to have the piss taken it happens all the time ( I should know my daughter is ginger) Grow up except that people will be people and won't take a blind bit of notice of your " sensitivity" grow some balls and act like a man. -- Bloody Walter.

Should Dr The Singh grow some balls and not be so sensitive?

Are you saying that if Dr The Singh stood next to a boy or girl that have ginger hair, that it is ok to shout or sing piss taking/abusive comments, but nothing can be said to Dr The Singh because his skin looks like the skin of the people who originated from India or Pakistan?

I thought we were all equal and the law of the law was for all. Your post suggests otherwise.

Being called a sheep shagger is NOT racist, there is a test case that confirms this. The argument is that anyone of any race or creed can be a sheep shagger.

My point was that they tried to stop people calling them sheepshaggers, by calling themselves sheep shaggers, and it didn't work, they should have just stopped shagging sheep.

Although it could be argued that calling Welsh people sheep shaggers is racist.

My point was that they tried to stop people calling them sheepshaggers, by calling themselves sheep shaggers, and it didn't work, they should have just stopped shagging sheep.

Although it could be argued that calling Welsh people sheep shaggers is racist.

Nope the test case was brought by a welshman and lost.

Should Dr The Singh grow some balls and not be so sensitive?

Are you saying that if Dr The Singh stood next to a boy or girl that have ginger hair, that it is ok to shout or sing piss taking/abusive comments, but nothing can be said to Dr The Singh because his skin looks like the skin of the people who originated from India or Pakistan?

I thought we were all equal and the law of the law was for all. Your post suggests otherwise.

Well my daughter has ginger hair and when she asked as a child why she had ginger hair and mom and dad didn't I thought I would tell her the truth. I said well darling at the time you were conceived Mum and I had not been getting along very well and consequently had not had sex for quite some time and when we did do it again we were a little rusty.

Of course when you were born ginger it all made perfect sense because you were our " little rusty"

She still laughs about it now ( I think )

On the chanting 'We're just a town full of P*kis' idea, I may be hallucinating but I'm sure that that was a response at Filbert Street a few years ago to Leeds. Apparently they had a small number trying to start it and when our lot sang it back twice as loud; it apparently shut them right up, disarmed them completely.

It's been alluded to on Talking Balls as well so might not be total balls.

If our lot sang"town full of pakis" i wouldnt find it funny as im sure most of our Green Street Brigade are anti-pakis anyway,and they wouldnt have the IQ to do it as a humourous response.

On the chanting 'We're just a town full of P*kis' idea, I may be hallucinating but I'm sure that that was a response at Filbert Street a few years ago to Leeds. Apparently they had a small number trying to start it and when our lot sang it back twice as loud; it apparently shut them right up, disarmed them completely.

It's been alluded to on Talking Balls as well so might not be total balls.

One of my earliest football chant memories was at Filbo against, I think, Birmingham. They were giving it "town full of.." and I'm sure they were singing "you're the pride of Pakistan" though I could be wrong, I was pretty young. Either way I'm sure I remember us scoring and the Kop bursting in to "One nil to the Pakistan." That made me grin.

But I can't see that singing "town full of Pakis" is in any way, at all, a good idea. In fact it's a ****ing stupid idea.

Edit: For pretty much that reason exactly, Raj, yes.

One of my earliest football chant memories was at Filbo against, I think, Birmingham. They were giving it "town full of.." and I'm sure they were singing "you're the pride of Pakistan" though I could be wrong, I was pretty young. Either way I'm sure I remember us scoring and the Kop bursting in to "One nil to the Pakistan." That made me grin.

But I can't see that singing "town full of Pakis" is in any way, at all, a good idea. In fact it's a ****ing stupid idea.

Edit: For pretty much that reason exactly, Raj, yes.

See that's the kind of thing I mean, it would completely disarm the chants if we were to do something like that.

Again though, it's something to do with the switch from Filbo to the KP; it's tough to imagine some of our lads singing that kind of thing with any sense of irony.

See that's the kind of thing I mean, it would completely disarm the chants if we were to do something like that.

Again though, it's something to do with the switch from Filbo to the KP; it's tough to imagine some of our lads singing that kind of thing with any sense of irony.

I dunno. I remember at the time feeling that it was good that people were being proud of the fact we had this Asian population, but who knows, maybe I was just young and naive?

I just think it'd be highly offensive if we started singing "town full of Pakis" be it supposedly ironic or not. Besides, I'm pretty sure you don't get irony taken in to account at a police investigation and now we've shaken the wasp's nest we can be sure the critters are ready to sting.

Archived