Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

Ive tried to stay away from this thread in case of spoilers but have not watched any of this season and wasnt sure whether to bother or not. Last season was boring (at least the 1st part.) Is it worth my time to watch this season? 

No spoilers please if you reply :P

50 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Ive tried to stay away from this thread in case of spoilers but have not watched any of this season and wasnt sure whether to bother or not. Last season was boring (at least the 1st part.) Is it worth my time to watch this season? 

No spoilers please if you reply :P

Definitely. Even the show itself has acknowledged how shit the last season was! They made some big changes behind the scenes with some staff moving to Fear. I like the new showrunner a lot.

As for this season there’s a bit of a time jump at the start, and then another soon after. A lot happened during the time jump and we get to see the characters deal with the fallout of certain events (The last episode was somewhat harrowing and one of the show’s best ever). The changes have been very positive IMO. 

If you’ve loved the show in the past you’ll love it now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Definitely. Even the show itself has acknowledged how shit the last season was! They made some big changes behind the scenes with some staff moving to Fear. I like the new showrunner a lot.

As for this season there’s a bit of a time jump at the start, and then another soon after. A lot happened during the time jump and we get to see the characters deal with the fallout of certain events (The last episode was somewhat harrowing and one of the show’s best ever). The changes have been very positive IMO. 

If you’ve loved the show in the past you’ll love it now. 

Thanks i have loved the show in the past (just last season was meh) ... Will give this season a shot :D 

On 25/03/2019 at 19:28, Innovindil said:

A lot of people ask how can you stick with the walking dead after all the pure garbage episodes and the answer is really simple, because of episodes like this latest one.

Wow.

Amazing, what other show does that? I know the last season had it’s critics but I enjoy the slow episodes, because I know that it’s building up to something like this. You have to watch them all just to feel it, right?

• Like 1

Is this tired old rubbish still airing?

Ive watched it all but if I’m honest I didn’t bother with the latest instalments. I’m going to have to save it until a day when I’m bed ridden!

Is it any better?

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Is this tired old rubbish still airing?

Ive watched it all but if I’m honest I didn’t bother with the latest instalments. I’m going to have to save it until a day when I’m bed ridden!

Is it any better?

Much. I've been the first to criticise recent seasons. They've been dragged out poorly and have made a mess of it to a point where people have simply left the show because they don't want their name attached to it anymore. 

But this season they've done it right, and even the filler episodes that don't continue the main story arc have generally been entertaining. 

I'd say this along with season one is peak walking dead. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

So 2 episodes in, meh, Maggie returns for season 11 but I can’t help but think it really needs wrapping up now, the comic has finished so perhaps this has run its course. 

I've enjoyed it, setting things up nicely for a right old scrap. A few awkward interactions Darryl and Carol was just weird and Aaron and Michonne: "Are we even the good guys?" Nah, the creepy psychos that wear the dead's skin, abandon babies and behead your friends are the good guys...

Humanising Alpha and the whisperers  and their cult like tendencies is a good thing and I suspect Aaron might get recruited.

There really does need to be an endgame, a quest mission for our remaining favourites who find a cure (and Rick), whilst the community thrives then struggles followed by a race against time for our heroes to return to save the community. The end.

• Like 1

Aren’t they literally making a third series? Which is about one of the groups in that three circle symbol we keep seeing? plus the three movies about rick grimes coming out. Then you have FTWD (which is really bad the last two seasons) which has been renewed for another season. I can’t see this show ending anytime soon. They’ll drag it out to make as much money as possible. Even if the main characters keep leaving.

Edited by LCFC FOX

6 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Aren’t they literally making a third series? Which is about one of the groups in that three circle symbol we keep seeing? plus the three movies about rick grimes coming out. Then you have FTWD (which is really bad the last two seasons) which has been renewed for another season. I can’t see this show ending anytime soon. They’ll drag it out to make as much money as possible. Even if the main characters keep leaving.

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/10/03/amc-releases-first-images-of-new-walking-dead-series

Another walking dead series that’ll be coming soon and this doesn’t include the Rick Grimes films that will be in the cinemas next year. Horse, Dead, Flog!

As yet untitled:

I think it looks really good personally.

The whole Negan saga was a bit of a farcical disaster but I've ****ing loved this show since Angela Kang has taken over. Rick's disappearance and the massive time jump has totally rejuvenated the show - I've been the most engaged with if than I have for years. FTWD had a great couple of seasons a couple of years ago but has had a wobble in the last couple of years - they've killed off all the wrong characters and in the last finale they made the same mistake they made when introducing Negan in the first place. I'll still watch it in the hope they can turn it around. I'll definitely check out the new spin off and the Rick movies too. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

Negan 

Was a good episode last night, but the show is still guilty of rushing things. That kid should have been introduced weeks ago, a couple of scenes with Negan in the build up would have tied things up much better. Maybe Negan in his cell and you hear a whistle, a few small interactions where we learn who he was. When Negan confronts Lydia's attackers he's also there. 

Whilst it is much improved it is still frustrating that it could be so much better.

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

Was a good episode last night, but the show is still guilty of rushing things. That kid should have been introduced weeks ago, a couple of scenes with Negan in the build up would have tied things up much better. Maybe Negan in his cell and you hear a whistle, a few small interactions where we learn who he was. When Negan confronts Lydia's attackers he's also there. 

Whilst it is much improved it is still frustrating that it could be so much better.

I thought it worked quite well.  Clearly that whole plot was to demonstrate Negan's internal struggle with who he is/wants to be.  The jacket and Lucille's return was the reminder of a former life and the temptation that he couldn't resist.

Too much back story would have muddied the water in my opinion.

Welcome back Negan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nnfox said:

I thought it worked quite well.  Clearly that whole plot was to demonstrate Negan's internal struggle with who he is/wants to be.  The jacket and Lucille's return was the reminder of a former life and the temptation that he couldn't resist.

Welcome back Negan.

I see what you mean but it just didn't feel like a difficult decision to kill that kid. He hadn't done anything to help Negan we didn't care about him, he just turned up being irritating then committed a senseless act of violence. It would have been more interesting to see him develop a bond with the kid then it becomes a difficult decision. 

On 05/11/2019 at 10:07, Captain... said:

20 hours ago, nnfox said:

Welcome back Negan.

I'm somewhere in between. I spent half the episode wondering who the kid was and if we'd seen him before. It's something I see in so many shows, where a character is introduced purely for the dramatic purposes of one episode just to get the character to where the writer wants them to be. Bit annoying.

Otherwise, good episode methought. Really enjoying this season.

• 4 months later...