Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

I don’t know if anyone else watches the Talking Dead but Scott M Gimple has said that there’s no coming back from the bite, I think they got burned over the dumpster scene and won’t want to repeat that. It’s setting up an interesting second half and it’s certainly a brave decision. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I don’t know if anyone else watches the Talking Dead but Scott M Gimple has said that there’s no coming back from the bite, I think they got burned over the dumpster scene and won’t want to repeat that. It’s setting up an interesting second half and it’s certainly a brave decision. 

They might not be in total control over who stays or goes, it’s a long running series and actors might not want to commit going forwards. 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

They might not be in total control over who stays or goes, it’s a long running series and actors might not want to commit going forwards. 

Chandler Riggs’ dad came out and said that his son had been sacked before deleting said rant on social media, even CR himself said he was surprised as he’d just decided to take a gap year (source is IGN). Might be true of some the actors but I really do think that the producers want to do something different with the comic arc characters different from the comics. Of cause I’m not an ITK it’s just my best guess!

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Chandler Riggs’ dad came out and said that his son had been sacked before deleting said rant on social media, even CR himself said he was surprised as he’d just decided to take a gap year (source is IGN). Might be true of some the actors but I really do think that the producers want to do something different with the comic arc characters different from the comics. Of cause I’m not an ITK it’s just my best guess!

I was just generally speculating rather than pointing to any single decision, just trying to point out there might be other influences to decisions made. It definitely leaves the anticipation of the second half high though. :thumbup:

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12.12.2017 at 22:41, Sir Shep said:

Son got sacked because he was 2 weeks away from turning 18 and requiring a payrise. 

They are also refusing to pay the actress who plays Maggie more money, so I presume she might randomly die also in the future. 

I've found this season pretty poor. There have been a couple of episodes which were good but the majority has been pretty boring. 

Happy that Caaaaarl is out of it though, he was the most irritating character for me.

For anyone liking zombie type shows, Z Nation is worth a shot, decent story and some good characters.  

TWD has kind of backed itself into a corner. The story has gone a little stale now with no obvious way out.  Realistically Negan needs to die but he is one of the best characters on the show (although not loving his recent softer side)

I saw some rumours at the beginning of series 7 that the Whisperers were going to make an appearance and fans of the comic were excited by that prospect but no sign of them yet.

It needs something to shake it up.

28 minutes ago, nnfox said:

TWD has kind of backed itself into a corner. The story has gone a little stale now with no obvious way out.  Realistically Negan needs to die but he is one of the best characters on the show (although not loving his recent softer side)

I saw some rumours at the beginning of series 7 that the Whisperers were going to make an appearance and fans of the comic were excited by that prospect but no sign of them yet.

It needs something to shake it up.

I’m sure they’ll show up in the season finale and that sets up for S9. 

Anyone could die at any time really now. With Maggie not signing a new contract and Rick wanting to move back to the UK. 

I’m more interested in how FTWD plays out now. With Morgan going over to there and them have a two year time jump to catch up to TWD. Is this the start where Morgan brings them over to TWD?

Guest seanfox778

I gave up after episode 2 of this season, those ridiculous 5 min close ups of all the main characters infuriated me at the beginning AND the end of the episode. The high point was the Negan and Lucille introduction, should’ve found a way to end on a downer at that point and it would’ve gone down as a legendary show. They’re stuck in limbo now until the show ends and the viewing numbers will go down every season which is a shame because it was brilliant at one point. 

They've indulgently dragged this out for so long I'm not sure how anybody gives a **** about any of the characters - it was all about good v bad and injustice and survival and then after season 26 it just became impossible to care if they all got bitten and it ended tomorrow.

Thing is the Whisperers turning up wouldn't change anything. It would just be another case of "Oh thank goodness we've got rid of those seemingly terrible people I hope now we get settle down and chill out OH NO NOW THERE'S SOME EVEN MORE EVIL PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE LAST SET OF BAD GUYS LOOK LIKE FULHAM FANS HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY OVERCOME THIS!!!!!".

I loved it a couple of seasons ago, was genuinely buzzing for it, now I'm struggling to watch the whole episode. 

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thing is the Whisperers turning up wouldn't change anything. It would just be another case of "Oh thank goodness we've got rid of those seemingly terrible people I hope now we get settle down and chill out OH NO NOW THERE'S SOME EVEN MORE EVIL PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE LAST SET OF BAD GUYS LOOK LIKE FULHAM FANS HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY OVERCOME THIS!!!!!".

I loved it a couple of seasons ago, was genuinely buzzing for it, now I'm struggling to watch the whole episode. 

I dunno. I'm still holding on to that last shred of hope that says having the whisperers enter the show might bring back the actual fear of zombies, instead of them just being a mild inconvenience. 

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm after a zombie show, not another human drama. The feeling when Rick was riding that horse into the city in the first season and turns the corner and a horde of zombies were there about made my heart stop. 

Too many characters no one gives a shit about, not enough zombies. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So season 8 is ending in a week, any one enjoying this now, thought this season was quite dull to be honest, really disappointed as I used to look foward to watching this. 

Yeah I’ve enjoyed it, it’s not moved on much from the end of season 7 in reality but it’s kept me entertained and I always look forwards to it being on.

Well at least the finale was better than the rest of the season.

Its testament to the writers that they’ve managed to turn Daryl into a “if he dies we riot” character to the worst character on the show in approximately 2 seasons lol