Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle875785.html

Nigel Pearson is preparing a £1million bid for Fleetwood striker Jamie Vardy.

The Leicester boss will make a second attempt to sign Vardy in the summer after his £750,000 bid was rejected by the Cod Army.

Blue Square Premier leaders Fleetwood snubbed an offer from the Foxes in January but are braced for another approach.

Talk about a massive risk. £1 million for a player who has only played at whatever low level Fleetwood are at. He could be a great find, but might not be able to cut it in the Championship. Plus with Nugent and Beckford playing well, he'd have to accept being a bench warmer.

Talk about a massive risk. £1 million for a player who has only played at whatever low level Fleetwood are at. He could be a great find, but might not be able to cut it in the Championship. Plus with Nugent and Beckford playing well, he'd have to accept being a bench warmer.

Depends if Beckford is still here...

Depends if Beckford is still here...

If he isn't I'm not sure I'd be comfortable that we're bringing in a non-league player as a replacement. Especially as we've got young kids with potential here, I wager they'd score for fun in the BSP.

The gap between a good BSP team and a middle-of-the-road League Two team has shrunk considerably over the past few years, hence Crawley's success, so this would be like bringing in a League Two striker which doesn't sound nearly as risky.

That said, £1m when we've got Nugent and Beckford as well as Schlupp and Hopper developing nicely seems a lot of money.

If he isn't I'm not sure I'd be comfortable that we're bringing in a non-league player as a replacement. Especially as we've got young kids with potential here, I wager they'd score for fun in the BSP.

I'm just speculating, really. IF ONE of them were to be sold, I'd imagine Pearson would sell Beckford because I've heard he still doesn't like his attitude (although it has improved, just not enough), plus the wage-bill is also an issue.

As you say though, I'd much rather give youngsters like Hopper and Schlupp a chance than take a very relatively expensive gamble on an unproven (in the Championship) striker from the Blue Square Premier.

The gap between a good BSP team and a middle-of-the-road League Two team has shrunk considerably over the past few years, hence Crawley's success, so this would be like bringing in a League Two striker which doesn't sound nearly as risky.

That said, £1m when we've got Nugent and Beckford as well as Schlupp and Hopper developing nicely seems a lot of money.

He can play on the wing, or as part of a wide front man in a 4-3-3 formation. Hopper is likely to go out on loan, so a front four of Vardy, Beckford, Schlupp and Nugent would be good.

Fleetwood are on the brink of promotion so when it is official that they have been promoted I expect us to make our move for him, he is a top player and scores goals on a consistent basis.

FOR A NON-LEAGUE TEAM!

He has provided 16 assists along with 27 goals certainly not bad.

FOR A NON-EAGUE TEAM!

ONE MILLION POUNDS? really? for a non league player?

Sh!t, i knew the european economies were struggling, but i assume that ONE MILLION POUNDS is now the equivalent of about 100,000 dollars?

Look at Le Fondre. Seems to be doing alright for Reading. Maybe this could be the same for us?

Archived