Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

The only reason he wasn't signed in the January transfer window was because Fleetwood wanted him back on loan for the rest of the season, There was a host of Championship clubs that wanted him so he must be quality enough to play at this level. I would rather see Vardy in the team over players like Adebayo Akinfenwa that I've seen people on here suggest lately.

The only reason he wasn't signed in the January transfer window was because Fleetwood wanted him back on loan for the rest of the season, There was a host of Championship clubs that wanted him so he must be quality enough to play at this level. I would rather see Vardy in the team over players like Adebayo Akinfenwa that I've seen people on here suggest lately.

:jawdrop: Who ever said that wants castrating!

I saw vardy play at the stags in the fa trophy earlier this season, he was ok nothing sparkling, a million miles away from what we already have.The bsp is a shocking standard and i don't think he would cut it in the championship, we have geoff and waggy who are miles ahead of him. Im going on tuesday night again against fleetwood so may see something different,will report back...........

we wounder why were struggling then i look at people like this that we are going for im sorry but you coulds score 500 goals in the lower leagues but it still dont make you a good player.

Iif forest go down i recon we should try to nick dextor blackstock from them but this guy vardy i just dont think hes going to be good enough.

why not give him a chance?

I saw vardy play at the stags in the fa trophy earlier this season, he was ok nothing sparkling, a million miles away from what we already have.The bsp is a shocking standard and i don't think he would cut it in the championship, we have GEOFF and waggy who are miles ahead of him. Im going on tuesday night again against fleetwood so may see something different,will report back...........

Horsfield?

I think we may be over paying here. I think £1million for Big Wes, at 28yrs, with 6 months left on his contract was overpriced. (Maynard went for 1.25m in comparison) Drinkwater would have gone for £500k if Pearson was signing him for Hull, and the same goes for Marshall. There is no point in overpaying on Pearson's bargain basement targets, otherwise they are no longer a bargain!

I think we may be over paying here. I think £1million for Big Wes, at 28yrs, with 6 months left on his contract was overpriced. (Maynard went for 1.25m in comparison) Drinkwater would have gone for £500k if Pearson was signing him for Hull, and the same goes for Marshall. There is no point in overpaying on Pearson's bargain basement targets, otherwise they are no longer a bargain!

This doesn't really make any sense. If we are overpaying because other clubs know how rich we are, we'll have to overpay for any player we buy, so we're still better off going for the cheapest ones.

We didn't overpay for St Ledger, or Konchesky, or Kasper, so a good deal is not out the question. My point is that it's not worth the risk of taking a punt on some unproven youngsters if were paying a million pounds a piece. Because that's not good value for money. A million pound for a conference player who could well end up out of his depth and useless to us, is not smart business. I'm not saying that it's not possible, Grant Holt is doing well in the Premiership after rising through the divisions, but a million pounds is steep.

Lets look for the free transfers in the summer, before we rush in paying over the odds for Vardy. Nugent was a find, and I'm sure there will be similar bargains this summer.

ha

I would prefer Rhodes to Vardy

No chance of getting Rhodes imo. Premier league is the next stop for him.

I've seen Vardy play a number of times. What people seem to forget is that not only can he play up front he's also very good playing on either wing, which is quite rare these days.

He does have a bit of an attitude but definitely has the skill, pace and potential to play at this level which showed when Fleetwood played Blackpool. I know the score shows 1-5 to Pool but Vardy gave Baptise arguably Pool's best defender the run-around that day and if it wasn't for the goalie who was in top form he might of bagged a hat-trick instead of just the one.

Vardy is still a bit raw though imo and is still developing even at the age of 25. As we know though sometimes a player comes along that develops late, misses the boat at a younger age but turns into a very good player later on, then it just takes a manager with a bit of guts to sign him for a club in a higher league than they currently play.

Overpriced @ £1m - Probably yes, but Fleetwood don't need to sell and I'd rather waste £1m on a player with potential who's hungry to play and bangs goals in for fun than a player that only comes for the money.

It might be that £1m turns out to be great value for money.

Ability - Definitely on what I've seen, and will only get better with proper coaching and facilities like we have.

It's a gamble I'd take.

No chance of getting Rhodes imo. Premier league is the next stop for him.

I've seen Vardy play a number of times. What people seem to forget is that not only can he play up front he's also very good playing on either wing, which is quite rare these days.

He does have a bit of an attitude but definitely has the skill, pace and potential to play at this level which showed when Fleetwood played Blackpool. I know the score shows 1-5 to Pool but Vardy gave Baptise arguably Pool's best defender the run-around that day and if it wasn't for the goalie who was in top form he might of bagged a hat-trick instead of just the one.

Vardy is still a bit raw though imo and is still developing even at the age of 25. As we know though sometimes a player comes along that develops late, misses the boat at a younger age but turns into a very good player later on, then it just takes a manager with a bit of guts to sign him for a club in a higher league than they currently play.

Overpriced @ £1m - Probably yes, but Fleetwood don't need to sell and I'd rather waste £1m on a player with potential who's hungry to play and bangs goals in for fun than a player that only comes for the money.

It might be that £1m turns out to be great value for money.

Ability - Definitely on what I've seen, and will only get better with proper coaching and facilities like we have.

It's a gamble I'd take.

Top post :thumbup: , I trust your judgement as you have seen him live, I think also it is a gamble worth taking.

Interesting watching all those goals though.

If you play through them again, about everyone is from a ball he can run onto (the type of ball it's said Beckford prefers but never receives), so if we spend the sort of money indicated, what are we going to do about the right kind of supply?

Archived