Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

**** off. Waghorn was brilliant for us in the one season we used him as a central striker starting games. Scored more than Beckford and contributed more to the team, he's played for the England youth sides and looked genuinely good under Pearson first time around. I'd love to see him start up front next season he's good enough.

Waghorn scored 12 goals in 2009/10

Beckford has scored 14 goals in 2011/12

**** off. Waghorn was brilliant for us in the one season we used him as a central striker starting games. Scored more than Beckford and contributed more to the team, he's played for the England youth sides and looked genuinely good under Pearson first time around. I'd love to see him start up front next season he's good enough.

Has a worse first touch than Beckford, worse set pieces than Gally, never wins headers, and regularly hits shots into row z. I didn't let his running around alot hide his limitations. There were many games that season where he played up front on his own and we were terrible. I've also not forgotten how poor he was last season.

Has a worse first touch than Beckford, worse set pieces than Gally, never wins headers, and regularly hits shots into row z. I didn't let his running around alot hide his limitations. There were many games that season where he played up front on his own and we were terrible. I've also not forgotten how poor he was last season.

Beckford's first touch is awful, and he doesn't 'regularly hit shots into row z' (And as I said has scored more league goals in his full season than Beckford). Last season he came on as a substitute most of the time, barely played and when he did was either on the wing which isn't his position or a lone striker which isn't how he is best employed. I never judged it on his 'running around', he contributes more to the team than Beckford and has a better attitude.

Beckford's first touch is awful, and he doesn't 'regularly hit shots into row z' (And as I said has scored more league goals in his full season than Beckford). Last season he came on as a substitute most of the time, barely played and when he did was either on the wing which isn't his position or a lone striker which isn't how he is best employed. I never judged it on his 'running around', he contributes more to the team than Beckford and has a better attitude.

You really would be better off supporting Quorn or Oadby Town.

He had a lot of chances last season and started most games under Sousa iirc, Sven also played him a lot when he first came in but the penny quickly dropped.

Beckford's first touch is awful - I didn't say Beckford's first touch wasn't, I said that Waghorn's was just as bad.

Not everyone was blown away by him as some on here were. He's a limited player and too similar in style to Nugent (albeit Nugent is a hell of a lot better) and a partnership of them 2 wouldnt work imo.

You really would be better off supporting Quorn or Oadby Town.

No, I'm from Leicester, I should support Leicester. Looks like you're from Quorn, guess who you should support.

He had a lot of chances last season and started most games under Sousa iirc, Sven also played him a lot when he first came in but the penny quickly dropped.

Not up front in a two man attack he didn't.

Guest parky0607

I have been to about 7 fleetwood games this seasonand the lad is quality. If anyone watched the lincoln game, although he has all the right attributes as a winger, he is far more effective and clinical as a centre forward. He has bags of pace anda good strike. Very good in 1 and 1 situations as wel. Although he is not well built, he is strong and tussles for the ball very well. His crossing ability is sometimes lacking, although if he is played in his better CF position this isnt a problem.

I have been to about 7 fleetwood games this seasonand the lad is quality. If anyone watched the lincoln game, although he has all the right attributes as a winger, he is far more effective and clinical as a centre forward. He has bags of pace anda good strike. Very good in 1 and 1 situations as wel. Although he is not well built, he is strong and tussles for the ball very well. His crossing ability is sometimes lacking, although if he is played in his better CF position this isnt a problem.

That will mean that if we buy him, we will end up playing him out wide and wasting his talents.

Always happens, exactly like Marshall we put him in a centre role and he was excellent, now we have moved him back out wide again and he has been poor.

Tell that to the majority of Leicester fans who think were better off with proven 'Premier League' quality.

Hes the ideal and cheaper replacement for Beckford in my eyes.

That will mean that if we buy him, we will end up playing him out wide and wasting his talents.

Always happens, exactly like Marshall we put him in a centre role and he was excellent, now we have moved him back out wide again and he has been poor.

It's not " we " it's Pearson that plays players out of position.

Marshall is a wide player though and not a CM. :blink:

To be fair, he was played out wide most of the time.

Marshall is a wide player though and not a CM. :blink:

I don't think he's particularly good out wide from what I have seen.

One thing i will say about Waghorn vs Beckford, ATM Beckford is a class apart,

We do need speed nowadays the game is getting quicker, and waghorn is not a touch on becks, however what waggy does have is natural strength, a quality left boot (When he uses it properly) and the age is on wags side,

Id use beckford and waghorn fighting over the spot as i cannot see a reason why nugent should step down!

We do need speed nowadays the game is getting quicker, and waghorn is not a touch on becks, however what waggy does have is natural strength, a quality left boot (When he uses it properly) and the age is on wags side,

Id use beckford and waghorn fighting over the spot as i cannot see a reason why nugent should step down!

Agreed with this.

Waghorn was quality under NP before, led the line superbly well after Fryatt broke his jaw. Alot of fans are already writing him off!

Agree with most of what you've said, certainly I think there needs to be some rotation between Beckford and Waghorn next season, but Beckford really doesn't strike me as being a class apart, still think Waghorn's first season at Leicester was more impressive than Beckford's. Waggy just needs to get back to playing in a two man attack, he was wasted as the lone striker or on the wing under Sousa and Sven.

Agree with most of what you've said, certainly I think there needs to be some rotation between Beckford and Waghorn next season, but Beckford really doesn't strike me as being a class apart, still think Waghorn's first season at Leicester was more impressive than Beckford's. Waggy just needs to get back to playing in a two man attack, he was wasted as the lone striker or on the wing under Sousa and Sven.

I agree i think i have worded it incorrectly, Yes i agree beckford is probably not miles apart now i think about waghorns season, He just needs a good run! and i think beckford up his arse will certainly push him!

I agree i think i have worded it incorrectly, Yes i agree beckford is probably not miles apart now i think about waghorns season, He just needs a good run! and i think beckford up his arse will certainly push him!

Ooh er!

I'd much rather have the Waghorn we had for his first season here than the Beckford we currently have, but I think we can do better than either of them. I do agree that competition for places will be good. I think Nugent has needed a rest for a while, and Beckford may have become a bit complacent because there's no-one really threatening to take his place in the first team with both Waghorn and Vassell out injured for so long. Having said that though, I can't really see us keeping anyone as a squad player on Beckford-sized wages. If he's not going to be a first team regular, we might as well get rid.

Can't say i've seen any of this Vardy guy, but to be honest having seen Sven spend millions for us to go nowhere and watching Matt Mills and a few others just look like they are here for the money part of me would be tempted to go out and pick up players like this and a few of the young lads from Crewe etc and build a team of young players and see if we can hold on to them and build a side that could stay together for few years.

I have not enjoyed this season one bit (Norwich Apart) to be honest, I know the owners want top flight football yesterday, but I really think a long term project would be better for the club. I know this won't happen but I really am fed up with the players we have here, earning a small fortune and at times giving very little in return, maybe young hungry players who have something to prove and an enjoyment of the game would give the fans a better reward, we don't have to pay them mega bucks to join, but would have the scope to increase wages if they proved their worth.

Can't say i've seen any of this Vardy guy, but to be honest having seen Sven spend millions for us to go nowhere and watching Matt Mills and a few others just look like they are here for the money part of me would be tempted to go out and pick up players like this and a few of the young lads from Crewe etc and build a team of young players and see if we can hold on to them and build a side that could stay together for few years.

I have not enjoyed this season one bit (Norwich Apart) to be honest, I know the owners want top flight football yesterday, but I really think a long term project would be better for the club. I know this won't happen but I really am fed up with the players we have here, earning a small fortune and at times giving very little in return, maybe young hungry players who have something to prove and an enjoyment of the game would give the fans a better reward, we don't have to pay them mega bucks to join, but would have the scope to increase wages if they proved their worth.

I couldn't agree more, and I think this is what we can expect to see if NP stays. I reckon Marshall and Drinkwater are exactly the sort of player Sven should have been looking for when he blew his giant transfer budget, and exactly the sort of player we need more of.

Maybe all players are only really interested in money, but that's not to say that some players aren't more interested in winning football matches than others. I think there's something fundamentally wrong with the mentality of the squad, but I don't think too much needs to be done to fix it. There are currently too many overpaid players taking the piss, and too few players who really do want to succeed. I think once this balance swings past a particular tipping point, we'll see real progress, and I reckon that this can be achieved by only replacing a few players. Even if I'm wrong about that, a few good transfers, both in and out, over the summer could break the back of the work that needs to be done to turn this squad into title contenders.

No he doesnt score enough (even less than beckford)

He scored more League goals in the one season that he played up front in a two man attack than Beckford has got this season.

Archived