Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2012/2013 Season Ticket Information

Derby hand out free season tickets if you get a T-Mobile (I think) phone contract, that's why they get good crowds.

Our season tickets aren't usually too bad, it's the normal match tickets that are terrible. People are pissed off because they don't see how the club can justify putting the prices up. The fact we've spent a load of money doesn't cut it when we've seen such a shit season.

Disappointed with the price increases. I swear a few years ago L1 used to be not too disimilar to 'The Kop' in terms of price? The gap seems to be growing more and more though.

The main areas in which fans congregate to sing and support the team are traditionally the cheaper areas of a football stadium and I just feel it would be a shame for the club, when the atmosphere struggles as it is, to either price people out of this section (one that actually thrives) or to discourage people from positioning themselves there. A 10% increase is significant enough to make people re-think (me included).

Merc

Leicester City's new season ticket prices have received mixed responses from the three fans' groups.

The Foxes Trust and the Independent Supporters Association fear the new increase of an average of eight per cent, and as much as 15 per cent in some areas, may put off some supporters from renewing during difficult economic times.

However, all three groups, including the Official Supporters Club, have applauded the club for freezing prices in the family stand, and abolishing interest and charges on direct debit payments.

"I think an average price rise of eight per cent, therefore about double inflation, is a hard pill to swallow in these harsh economic times, especially directly on the back of a season that promised so much but ended up delivering so little," said Matt Davis, of the Foxes Trust.

"I think you will see a significant relocation of fans from one part of the ground to another cheaper part rather than a huge reduction in overall numbers, but the club are taking a significant gamble with this pricing plan.

"On the plus side, it is excellent that the club have frozen prices for the Family Stand and continued free season tickets for under-eights in that stand. I also like the idea of a 10 per cent discount on multiple season tickets purchased together by the same family.

"I suspect though that, because of this, many fans will simply relocate to the family stand purely to take advantage of the cheaper prices.

"It is particularly pleasing that the club have abolished interest charges and administration fees on direct debit schemes as this is something that the Foxes Trust have been campaigning to introduce for several years now."

Lance Tomlyn, of the Independent Supporters Association, echoed the Trust's sentiments.

"In a time when many supporters are having to endure wage freezes or redundancy, I'm sure this increase will inevitably force some of our most loyal supporters to give up their season tickets," he said.

"There is a big differential between season-ticket prices and match-day prices, which is always shown as a huge benefit when buying a season ticket. But it has the opposite effect when you have to give up your season ticket and revert to attending match by match.

"I'm sure this will result in many supporters having to give up attending games altogether, which is a real shame.

"The club are to be applauded for scrapping the interest and administration charges on direct debit schemes which should be a big help to those who want to attend the majority of games but who find it difficult to pay all in one go.

"Also the price freeze for the family and junior supporters will be welcome as we certainly need to encourage the younger generation to come along and support their local team rather than be drawn towards the 'dark side' of supporting Manchester United or Chelsea!

"It is also good to see that the Early Bird discount scheme still exists for those most loyal of supporters and has been extended until June 9, rather than the ridiculous February deadline imposed under the previous regime."

Cliff Ginnetta, chairman of the Official Supporters Club, said the supporters needed to pay their share to match the investment of the owners.

"I am pleased that there is no increase in the family section and also that there are no charges to be incurred if you pay by direct debit," he said. "I am a little surprised that there is an increase of 15 per cent for the dearer-priced seats, although it is only around eight per cent for the rest of the ground.

"I am sure, as always, that the fans will rally around and find the money. Generally, it needs to be a sustainable business and we all have to put our share in as we cannot really expect the owners to keep putting in millions without some back-up from the fans."

If people are happy to pay the increase then good luck and well done.

The thing is sooner or later after continual increases that £430 you pay now will be £600 and you'll still be saying"Its only another £40 increase"

If you wake up on Saturday mornings saying" wow City v Barnsley...i cant wait" then nice one...you still have the love.

If your okay losing money cos your on nights and have to goto work after watching athrilling 0-0 draw with Burnley on a Tuesday night,well done.

If its not a chore to lose a Sat afternoon watching some blokes kick a ball earning as much in that game as you do in a month or year,Enjoy it.

As you can see ive fallen out of love with football in general.

Ive no passion for wasting time ands money when it can be spent elsewhere

And before anyone questions my loyalty ive had an ST for 20 odd years and i have a LCFC Tattoo on my upper right arm.

LOYAL SUPPORTER!!!

UP the Shitty!!!

At the end of the day petrol has gone up by far more than a City season ticket but you dont see anyone on here refusing to refuel their car on here.

Bottom line is this for me...

Some on here are just looking for something to pick holes in and moan about.

Some on here dont like the owners or manager so are looking to slag them off at every opportunity.

Some people are miserable gits who just moan about everything so moaning about this is just another moan in a long list of moans.

Whatever the club had done people would have found something to moan about, even if prices had gone down people would have been moaning it wasn't by enough blah blah.

At the end of the day if you support the Foxes and go to a good few games a season then the cheapest way to do so is via season ticket.

And after all the moaning is done the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew.

Disappointed with the price increases. I swear a few years ago L1 used to be not too disimilar to 'The Kop' in terms of price? The gap seems to be growing more and more though.

The main areas in which fans congregate to sing and support the team are traditionally the cheaper areas of a football stadium and I just feel it would be a shame for the club, when the atmosphere struggles as it is, to either price people out of this section (one that actually thrives) or to discourage people from positioning themselves there. A 10% increase is significant enough to make people re-think (me included).

Personally I think the pricing of L1 is a separate issue, there is clearly a will to move the vocal section away from the visiting fans by having a family section and an expensive section either side of it.

It's already in place at other clubs we go to singing sections well away from each other, although sometimes this ha been done by moving the away section but has the same effect.

As a matter of interest if we had got promoted as champions this season how much would have people expected/be prepared to pay?

Personally I think the pricing of L1 is a separate issue, there is clearly a will to move the vocal section away from the visiting fans by having a family section and an expensive section either side of it.

It's already in place at other clubs we go to singing sections well away from each other, although sometimes this ha been done by moving the away section but has the same effect.

As a matter of interest if we had got promoted as champions this season how much would have people expected/be prepared to pay?

With the level of income they get from being in the PL gate receipts are just a blip in the accounts, Clubs in the PL could easily charge significantly less and hardly notice the difference but they know they can continue to milk fans who are virtually addicted to going. Sure fans have a choice but then so do those running football clubs, yes they can also cite supply and demand but when they give us all this psycho babble of loyal supporter, your club, your city you'd expect them to practice what they preach but no they choose to take advantage of those loyal fans.

in fact I can be certain that if and when we do get promoted that will definitely mean I'll be priced out of going if they haven't already done so.

If LCFC is as essential to your life as petrol,heating,food,paying the mortgage and your family then renew and enjoy.

Keep on renewing until the price in L1 is about £600 in a few more years if and when we get to the "promised Land".

Yeah but we wil be playing the likes on Maure and Chelski eh??

Im a student ST holder and, however much people say that students shouldnt have a discount as it is a 'life choice', i simply couldnt afford it (and all the trips home from leeds) if I had to pay full under 22 price. I'm sure there are others in the same position and that would result in lower attendances and a poorer atmosphere at least, and possibly even less income for the club if more than 40%ish couldnt afford to upgrade their ST due to the lack if a student rate.

If LCFC is as essential to your life as petrol,heating,food,paying the mortgage and your family then renew and enjoy.

Keep on renewing until the price in L1 is about £600 in a few more years if and when we get to the "promised Land".

Yeah but we wil be playing the likes on Maure and Chelski eh??

Few points.

It's an 8% rise, works out a very small amount per match.

You are plucking a figure of £600 for future tickets out of thin air, how do you know season tickets will go up to that much in the future?

IF we do get to the Premier League the club would have every right to bring in a pricing structure that is more appropriate to a club in the top flight.

You can be sure with all the fair weather fans coming out of the woodwork there will be no shortage of Season Ticket applications if we did get promoted, and I would advocate the club giving existing loyal season ticket holders from the promotion season a discount for showing some faith rather than spitting their dummy out and moaning.

Lastly, if an 8% rise is enough to make you not renew a season ticket then you were obviously not that arsed anyway.

The only people with an axe to grind here in my opinion are students. Whilst I agree with others that theirs in a life choice I believe the club should offer an increased discount to those who can provide adequate paperwork to show beyond doubt that they are in full time further education.

Few points.

You are plucking a figure of £600 for future tickets out of thin air, how do you know season tickets will go up to that much in the future?

IF we do get to the Premier League the club would have every right to bring in a pricing structure that is more appropriate to a club in the top flight.

You can be sure with all the fair weather fans coming out of the woodwork there will be no shortage of Season Ticket applications if we did get promoted, and I would advocate the club giving existing loyal season ticket holders from the promotion season a discount for showing some faith rather than spitting their dummy out and moaning.

Lastly, if an 8% rise is enough to make you not renew a season ticket then you were obviously not that arsed anyway.

The only people with an axe to grind here in my opinion are students. Whilst I agree with others that theirs in a life choice I believe the club should offer an increased discount to those who can provide adequate paperwork to show beyond doubt that they are in full time further education.

I think in my case you have hit the nail on the head Mack.

Perhaps im not that arsed about it anymore.

Few points.

It's an average of 8% some prices have risen considerable more than 8%, I've been a ST holder for 20years, and been going for 45+ these prices and whatever increases they implement if we get promoted will certainly price me out, I guess I'll have to become a fairweather fan or more likely an armchair radio listening fan but hey as long as you can afford to keep paying the price increases then I guess LCFC are happy.

It's an average of 8% some prices have risen considerable more than 8%, I've been a ST holder for 20years, and been going for 45+ these prices and whatever increases they implement if we get promoted will certainly price me out, I guess I'll have to become a fairweather fan or more likely an armchair radio listening fan but hey as long as you can afford to keep paying the price increases then I guess LCFC are happy.

Thats what im getting at tho.

We are now in an era of football where the primary concern and finance for clubs isnt ST or tickets but TV rights and getting into the Skypremier league to get a bucket load of £££.

Hence the influx of Billionaire owners who couldnt give a fcuk about the club.

There will be alot more Pompeys in the forthcoming years and by the time i retire there will no longer be folks in the stands supporting the clubs,just people paying pay per view to watch their teams on 3D HDTV's!

Archived