Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2012/2013 Season Ticket Information

A couple of questions from a retard:

Is it still a renewal if you get a different seat (as in, if there was a free one in the next block for a different price)?

Also I can't work out why a ticket in L is £60 cheaper than my season ticket was this season?

I'm in H1 on a student ST.

So it's gone from

£11.50 a month - £140 total

to

£42.50 a month - £510 total

Damn. Well that's me out then. To those moaning about Students getting reduced rates, fair enough, but I suppose the idea is to get them in on the cheap and then that way you create a new generation of ST holders.

The club has dropped a clanger here with the student prices. Myself and a mate where thinking of getting one next year and travelling from Sheffield to every game but that price hike is a joke. Getting rid of student tickets and putting up the prices of under 22 will really effect future support i feel.

I was expecting a price hike for students but didn't think they'd abolish prices altogether. £130/140 for a seat in almost any section was very cheap (stupidly cheap), I do feel it was a ploy to get people in and then raise the prices and hope they stayed, but can't see many students staying when its gone up so much for them (which doesn't really make good business sense).

Would love to go in L1 but last time i tried they said it was all season ticket holders and you'd have to wait till after the early bird to see if people didn't renew, i ain't doing that cause then i don't get the early bird discount.

Think I'm back off to the just the ticket area, least i got a stupidly cheap ticket this year in a section of the ground I'll probably never sit in again, so gotta be thankful for that.

Guest Mee-9

****ing shambles. My 18th birthday was 2 weeks ago, so now they want to charge me 400 quid for a renewal. They can kiss my arse if they think i'm renewing at that prices.

The average of 8% includes the family stand prices, which haven't changed at all. So that's a little misleading. What would be more accurate would be to say that all tickets have increased by an average of 12% (rounded out), except the family stand which are staying the same.

Yeah...pretty sure you do unless your already on there system...

A friend of a friend (not me), turned 23 a few (seriously) years ago he went into the ticket office and reregistered as a 21 year old. They didn't ask for ID or anything. Worth a shot if you're so inclined lol

Not renewing anyway, made the decision long before any prices announced but dissapointed with the fact that they want to charge more for the same level of shit football. Have your wages gone up 8% for the same job you had last year?

Well I cannot say I wasn't expecting a price increase but this does seem to take the biscuit, I am a student too and was going to be buying a season ticket after being away for the year and not having one this year but it now seems like I have been priced out of getting one. Even if it was on Direct Debit I think it would cost to much, Chances are I will get a U18's ticket through my step brother and take the risk as it is my only option.

I got a ticket to the Burnley match for £10 through a special offer yet the person sitting next to me paid £28 as he brought his a few days before. With having access to the streams online only makes it more sensible to save my money.

A friend of a friend (not me), turned 23 a few (seriously) years ago he went into the ticket office and reregistered as a 21 year old. They didn't ask for ID or anything. Worth a shot if you're so inclined lol

yeah im with you there...dont show ID unless ur asked

Apprentices don't get a special concession.

Life choice mate, don't see why students should receive any discount at all. My money's just as good as yours, why should I have to pay any more than you?

Your money is just as good, and you also have more of it. Most students have very little income, and just the same amount of bills as everyone else including extortionate rent prices. And apprentices, although are on below minimum wage often live at home meaning they have a lot less to pay out than students. Students cannot afford £300 odd on a season ticket, whether you think its fair or not it's a bad decision for the club. Most students will not renew resulting in the the club losing fans and money.

Your money is just as good, and you also have more of it. Most students have very little income, and just the same amount of bills as everyone else including extortionate rent prices. And apprentices, although are on below minimum wage often live at home meaning they have a lot less to pay out than students. Students cannot afford £300 odd on a season ticket, whether you think its fair or not it's a bad decision for the club. Most students will not renew resulting in the the club losing fans and money.

Only works out about £6 a week over a 52 week year, do what I do, shove your change in a jar after returning from games and nights out!

Being a student does not mean you need to leave home, that's a choice :)

So some don't, some students also live at home. I'm not saying students shouldn't have a discount just that there are others that might easily qualify for similar reasons. Frankly the problem is all tickets are way too expensive if they were a decent price with suitable age bands then students or others wouldn't need to be special cases.

And yet most find the money to get out of their faces every other day.

Complete myth I don't know anybody who gets off their face "every other day" probably twice a week for most, and student nights out are very cheap anyway. The point is it's a bad business decision from the club, and I'm sure you would be infuriated if your season ticket price rocket by 200%.

I don't know about the rest of you, but tonight I'm gonna let the people in charge of the financial side of the club know exactly how I and a lot of the fans feel. Removing student ticket prices is ridiculous as they seem to forget that a majority of regular fans (those that go week in week out and often away) are those in the 18-22 bracket who are at university and cannot afford to go without the student prices. I finish this year and so have to pay full whack but for the rest of the lads I know they can't afford it. I don't mind paying extra if the players perform on the pitch but it seems our hard earned money is going on giving shit players like Gallagher a new 5 year contract with more money and its not good enough. The average 8% is bollocks as without looking into it to deeply the majority would not see the actual increase is far more % wise for them. I don't care if people disagree with me but I intend to let it be known tonight that they are a bunch of dirty robbing bastards.

Archived