Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I am Rod Hull

Great Britain - A tribute (because we`re brill)

Guest MattP

One read through all of this and you get a feeling who are the people quite optimistic about life and the ones who seem to have given up.

Guest MattP

What's the link with patriotism and vigor for life?

I think to have a enjoyable life you would have to be fairly positive about the country you live in.

If I wasn't I'd move. You only live once, I wouldn't waste it in a place I didn't enjoy.

I think to have a enjoyable life you would have to be fairly positive about the country you live in.

If I wasn't I'd move. You only live once, I wouldn't waste it in a place I didn't enjoy.

Enjoying and agreeing with are separate issues though surely.

You can feel fairly positive about aspects of your country but not agree with it's colonial past, privatisation etc, etc, etc.

:o

Wasn't this the company the Martin George was involved in, I'm sure there was rumour during Little's tenure that we were going to have Weetabix branded shirts or have I dreamt all this?

Weetabix bought by China's Bright Food

_60006567_60005559.jpg

China's Bright Food Group has bought a 60% stake in Weetabix

China's Bright Food has bought a controlling stake in Weetabix, which owns the breakfast cereal brand as well as Alpen and Ready Brek.

Bright Food will take a 60% stake in Weetabix in a deal that values the company at £1.2bn.

The Northamptonshire-based firm was family-owned until 2004, when it was bought by Lion Capital.

Weetabix says its trademark breakfast cereal accounts for 7% of UK cereal sales, with annual sales of £101m.

Bright Food chairman Zongnan Wang said: "With Bright Food's strong resources and our expertise in both the Chinese and broader international markets, we are excellently placed to develop the Weetabix business."

The deal is the largest done by a Chinese company in the food and drink businesses.

In 2011, Bright Food had revenues of $12.2bn.

:o

Wasn't this the company the Martin George was involved in, I'm sure there was rumour during Little's tenure that we were going to have Weetabix branded shirts or have I dreamt all this?

I remember that! My mate told me we were going to have either Weetabix or someone else as our sponsor when I was at secondary school. Must have been around 94-96.

I remember that! My mate told me we were going to have either Weetabix or someone else as our sponsor when I was at secondary school. Must have been around 94-96.

I too remember this. Heard they were supposed to be replacing Walkers as the shirt sponser. Not sure why it never happened though. Maybe someone ITK can enlighten us.

new-london-bus-2011-thumb.jpg

have you been on this yet Fox92 ?

a friend of mine ( another bus fanatic)went on it last week

edit

i think this is the one he was talking about anyway

New routemaster. No I haven't been on it yet. Would love too though. Boris Johnson has said that conductors will be on all day and all of the night as well.

I have seen one, on the road though. Looked good, and smarter than I initially thought.

Corgi are releasing it in diecast model, so I'm off to Modelzone when it is released! Nice addition to my diecast bus collection.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not particularly in favour of the royals but harmless eccentricity is good to see.

BBC

_52259530_mediaitem1.jpg

A royalist County Durham tearoom owner told how she threw three women out after they refused to stand when the National Anthem was played.

Anita Atkinson opened Royal Teas in Stanhope in time for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and to display some of her huge collection of memorabilia.

The National Anthem is played at 15:00 BST and Ms Atkinson said she expected her customers to stand.

So when three women refused to do so, she threw them out.

Ms Atkinson said: "It's meant to be funny and it's a little quirky part of the tearoom that we have got. At 3 o'clock every day we play the national anthem and we expect people to stand.

'Coffee rubbish'

"It tells you that in the legend on the menu. The whole thing is just a bit of British eccentricity.

"But these three ladies vociferously refused to stand and made it known that they were anti-monarchist so god only knows why they came into the tearoom in the first place. So I threw them out."

She said she believed the trio had been surprised to be thrown out.

"They told me my coffee was rubbish but it is a tearoom so I don't care", she said.

Ms Atkinson's collection of royal memorabilia runs to thousands of items.

The toilets in the tearoom have been turned into thrones and there are cardboard cut-outs of members of the Royal Family along with many other pieces.

...But these three ladies vociferously refused to stand and made it known that they were anti-monarchist so god only knows why they came into the tearoom in the first place.

For a cup of fvcking tea? :doh:

I'm not particularly in favour of the royals but harmless eccentricity is good to see.

BBC

_52259530_mediaitem1.jpg

A royalist County Durham tearoom owner told how she threw three women out after they refused to stand when the National Anthem was played.

Anita Atkinson opened Royal Teas in Stanhope in time for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and to display some of her huge collection of memorabilia.

The National Anthem is played at 15:00 BST and Ms Atkinson said she expected her customers to stand.

So when three women refused to do so, she threw them out.

Ms Atkinson said: "It's meant to be funny and it's a little quirky part of the tearoom that we have got. At 3 o'clock every day we play the national anthem and we expect people to stand.

'Coffee rubbish'

"It tells you that in the legend on the menu. The whole thing is just a bit of British eccentricity.

"But these three ladies vociferously refused to stand and made it known that they were anti-monarchist so god only knows why they came into the tearoom in the first place. So I threw them out."

She said she believed the trio had been surprised to be thrown out.

"They told me my coffee was rubbish but it is a tearoom so I don't care", she said.

Ms Atkinson's collection of royal memorabilia runs to thousands of items.

The toilets in the tearoom have been turned into thrones and there are cardboard cut-outs of members of the Royal Family along with many other pieces.

What happen's if you're having a dump when the national anthem plays?

Archived