Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I am Rod Hull

Great Britain - A tribute (because we`re brill)

I genuinely found the grossly exaggerated examples funny.

Do we cease gardening for fear of hurting worms? No-fly zones near spider webs? Ant crossings?

:D :D

Maybe it's just that I have worked with animals on farms and lived in the country for a good deal of my life; certainly, all of those I've ever known who object to bunnies having a .22 pierce their skull have been city or ex-city dwellers.

My experience is that animals experience less pain and suffering than Ultra does on this forum.

I was born to a rural Welsh family living on a self sustained small holding, eating their selection of livestock and enjoying a hearty diet of my sister's favourite "pets." ("Daddy, where's Flossy?")

I've no objection to animals being killed for a purpose at all. I'd rather we, like the noblest of history's hunting cultures, take full use of our kill in terms of meats, hides and other produce but if a creature's execution is needed merely for the safety of ourselves or our property then so be it.

As I've said numerous times, it's only really inhumane brutality I've a problem with and the people who get genuine pleasure from it.

You wouldn't have been encouraging to a boy in your class room pulling the legs slowly off a daddy long legs, I assume?

I don't know. I'm not saying anyone who partakes in hunting is inherently wicked (the early jibe about mental illness was, I concede, largely to wind up Matt) but I don't think I'll ever be perfectly comfortable with it. If hunting's got to be done I'd much rather it be done with firearms blasting the life out of something in a heartbeat than with a rampant pack of hounds all eager to literally rend some poor creature limb from limb in some frenzy.

As you say, though, we're not likely to convince each other either way so I'm happy to agree to disagree and continue filling this thread with Anglophobia and Welsh pride. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF1IbTKTQwo&feature=my_favorites&list=FLoGsko2fUbHXVyNpglGx0Dw

:D :D

I was born to a rural Welsh family living on a self sustained small holding, eating their selection of livestock and enjoying a hearty diet of my sister's favourite "pets." ("Daddy, where's Flossy?")

I've no objection to animals being killed for a purpose at all. I'd rather we, like the noblest of history's hunting cultures, take full use of our kill in terms of meats, hides and other produce but if a creature's execution is needed merely for the safety of ourselves or our property then so be it.

As I've said numerous times, it's only really inhumane brutality I've a problem with and the people who get genuine pleasure from it.

You wouldn't have been encouraging to a boy in your class room pulling the legs slowly off a daddy long legs, I assume?

I don't know. I'm not saying anyone who partakes in hunting is inherently wicked (the early jibe about mental illness was, I concede, largely to wind up Matt) but I don't think I'll ever be perfectly comfortable with it. If hunting's got to be done I'd much rather it be done with firearms blasting the life out of something in a heartbeat than with a rampant pack of hounds all eager to literally rend some poor creature limb from limb in some frenzy.

As you say, though, we're not likely to convince each other either way so I'm happy to agree to disagree and continue filling this thread with Anglophobia and Welsh pride. ;)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF1IbTKTQwo&feature=my_favorites&list=FLoGsko2fUbHXVyNpglGx0Dw[/media]

They only agreed to devolution out of politeness to stop the Scottish one seeming such a big deal lol

I have no issue with hunting for a reason, even if that reason is fun, as long as it is controlled, a Swedish friend of mine hunts meece (the under used plural of moose), he buys a license to kill a moose and spends a weekend tracking it then kills it, if he is successful, he does it for fun, he does also eat the meat and use the skin, but he does it because he loves it. It is allowed and controlled by the government to keep the moose population in check, if the numbers get too big they can destroy areas of nature through over grazing (I think, basically too many causes problems).

Yeah, and do you know why the numbers of grazing animals get too big? Because the Swedes have shot most of the predators that keep them down naturally (wolves) You take one species out of the chain, and you've destroyed a balanced ecosystem, leading to so called "management" problems.

In parts of America they are currently shooting/poisoning/gassing wolves so that they can have more grazing animals to shoot at.

The hunting community have to be the thickest and sickest bunch of planks on the planet

domestic dogs do more damage than foxes !

shitting all over the place ,barking all feckin day and night , biting postmen .........oh hold on , never mind

:glare:

Someone give him a warning point.

There's the rub, they aren't human... ;)th_hunter.gif

I agree, absolutely. Which is why I laughed off the claims that the Grand National should be banned and why I readily stuff my face with Munch Munch chicken every other day.

And that's why it's the human element that perplexes me. It's not so much the action itself but what it says about the sort of person that must enjoy it.

Much, much worse than fox hunting is dog fighting. They might only be animals but, still, what sort of sociopath do you have to be to enjoy baiting two animals like that to savage one another and to watch for your own entertainment?

I agree, absolutely. Which is why I laughed off the claims that the Grand National should be banned and why I readily stuff my face with Munch Munch chicken every other day.

And that's why it's the human element that perplexes me. It's not so much the action itself but what it says about the sort of person that must enjoy it.

Much, much worse than fox hunting is dog fighting. They might only be animals but, still, what sort of sociopath do you have to be to enjoy baiting two animals like that to savage one another and to watch for your own entertainment?

Human nature innit?

There's a school of thought in the hunting crowd that goes something like this:

"We have a bigger brain, therefore we have a greater right to live. Animals don't eat, breathe and shit like we do. And they especially don't feel fear or pain when they get a bullet in the guts. Humans are the chosen ones, a superior species and it's our right to go round shooting stuff for kicks"

If you were in the American backwoods, you'd probably hear the phrase "God's children" thrown in for good measure.

Archived