Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I am Rod Hull

Great Britain - A tribute (because we`re brill)

I agree, absolutely. Which is why I laughed off the claims that the Grand National should be banned and why I readily stuff my face with Munch Munch chicken every other day.

And that's why it's the human element that perplexes me. It's not so much the action itself but what it says about the sort of person that must enjoy it.

Much, much worse than fox hunting is dog fighting. They might only be animals but, still, what sort of sociopath do you have to be to enjoy baiting two animals like that to savage one another and to watch for your own entertainment?

But there's so little else to do now that TV is always shit.

It's clearly not "human nature" to poke two half starved, highly excited staffies until they chew each other to shreds.

I don't accept that at all.

I was being sarcastic.

There are some people who get a kick out this sort of stuff. I find it pretty sickening personally.

But there's so little else to do now that TV is always shit.

That's quite funny. I'm just cutting a 45 minute television doco, and was just telling another editor how shit it is when your comment popped up

If you like shooting why don't you do us all a favour and pop down to the KP next season? Offload on a few of our under-performers? I'll give you a list of targets if you want

So it's ok to shoot humans?

People who add comments to newspaper websites, people who drop litter in the middle of the countryside, anybody who consumes an "energy drink" and every single person who has ever phoned in a vote to a TV show.

People who add comments to newspaper websites, people who drop litter in the middle of the countryside, anybody who consumes an "energy drink" and every single person who has ever phoned in a vote to a TV show.

But did you not see the dog dancing?

Killing Buzzards and destroying nests because they threaten Pheasant shoots.

http://www.guardian....shoots-wildlife

"The government has no responsibility to protect pheasant shoots from our native wildlife"

Absolutely.

[bloody enter button]

But what will happen is that shoots suddenly start accidentally shooting the birds just like farmers are accidentally feeding paracetamol to badgers.

"The government has no responsibility to protect pheasant shoots from our native wildlife"

Absolutely.

[bloody enter button]

But what will happen is that shoots suddenly start accidentally shooting the birds just like farmers are accidentally feeding paracetamol to badgers.

It already happens Goshawks, Buzzards and Red Kites (one of the most feeble birds around) turn up shot or poisoned by laced meat around the country.

There are a fair few game keepers out there that recognise birds of prey have a minimal effect on their stocks and some even promote birds of prey nesting on their land but some will never be convinced.

If fox hunting had anything remotely to do with protecting the countryside from the risk of harm that 'the fox' poses then I may consider supporting it, if it was the only route to solve the problem.

But it's not.

Hunts used to introduce foxes to areas in order to hunt them. It's about being able to ride horses across open land, a tradition based on historical precedent (never a good sole reason for not changing) which is protected by the activities of the wealthy. In my assessment it is as bad as dog fighting, cock fighting and badger baiting, it's simply that working class brutality is much easier to label, demonise and ban.

As for shooting pheasants, personally I prefer shooting clays which I do once a month on a Sunday morning for a laugh..... would I shoot a pheasant? If I was going to eat it, yes - same as fishing - that's natural selection as far as I'm concerned but I refuse to defend a pastime like fox hunting that presents itself as one thing but really it's just a bloodsport for the wealthy and sod all to do with the benefits of the countryside. If foxes are causing harm, shoot them as we do deer - why dress up in a costume drink sherry and chase them round the countryside with a pack of dogs until a petrified scared hyperventilating animal is ripped to pieces, then celebrate by rubbing the blood of the mutilated fox on the new hunters faces. (The dogs incidentally are used as working animals and not secured a positive future after they are no longer used for hunting - nice.)

Fox hunters.... why not arguably send them all out for a walk and we'll chase em down with a pack of moto-crossers and a few barbed clubs, running man style. In my assessment it could be argued that they are the disillusioned vermin causing harm........

Something great about Britain:

Hunt Saboteurs.

Archived