Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluebeau

My last season?

Regrettably I think the season just ended will be the last season that I spend my hard earned money paying to watch Leicester City at The King Power Stadium.

I have been a paying supporter for over 30 years, but I have finally had enough. My enthusiasm has taken a huge dive downwards recently. In fact although I had paid for my seat at the final 2 home games, I didn't bother going to watch them.

I will always be a City fan/supporter but unless the football club can light my fire again, I will be following them via Radio Leicester, The Mercury & TV.

How many more of you feel this way? Will the attendances fall this season coming?

Please don't accuse me of deserting a sinking ship, far from it as I think they will be a good bet for promotion. Quite simply I have lost my interest in City & football in general.

Tigers here I come!

Traitor!

How much is a Tiger's ST :whistle:

I'm feeling similar but I'm still 50/50 on whether to renew my ST

Feeling down about how the season went is one thing.

But I would never give up the chance to be at a match.

I live Dublin and try and get to as many games as I can afford, would never give up that, whatever league we are in.

So I can't say I feel that way

i can see where the OP is coming from, every year since we moved to the walkers i've been asking is it worth it I reckon i've enjoyed about 3 seasons since we moved and although they will always be my football club, in the current climate it's hard to justify the ever increasing cost, I could get to and from somewhere like quorn, pay to get in and have a pint whilst watching the game for less than the cost of a match ticket now.

My seaso next year will be pushing £400 quid and it won't be long before I want to take my 2 young kids, yes I can move and get them in free, credit the club there. The only thing that keeps me putting my hand in my pocket is, I couldn't bare to miss out if/when our big day comes. 7 trips to the old national stadium, 0 to the new, I long for that day.

But I feel less and less attached to my club and the optimism i had when NP was here 1st time round has gone. I can safely say, you won't catch me down the egg chasers instead. But each to their own.

I know you are feeling down at the moment mate , I felt the same but once the season starts I'm sure all the old feelings will come back to you. Stick with it and give Pearson one more season to re light our fire , you know it makes sense.

Regrettably I think the season just ended will be the last season that I spend my hard earned money paying to watch Leicester City at The King Power Stadium.

I have been a paying supporter for over 30 years, but I have finally had enough. My enthusiasm has taken a huge dive downwards recently. In fact although I had paid for my seat at the final 2 home games, I didn't bother going to watch them.

I will always be a City fan/supporter but unless the football club can light my fire again, I will be following them via Radio Leicester, The Mercury & TV.

How many more of you feel this way? Will the attendances fall this season coming?

Please don't accuse me of deserting a sinking ship, far from it as I think they will be a good bet for promotion. Quite simply I have lost my interest in City & football in general.

Tigers here I come!

I think "Tigers here I come" sums you up!

Sympathised with everything you said until the Tigers comment.

Genuinely don't know whether I'm renewing or not still. It's not so much the money, its whether its worth it. £400 on the ST, a minimum of £20 per game, after petrol etc. I think I can find something more worthwhile to spend £800 a season on.

i can see where the OP is coming from, every year since we moved to the walkers i've been asking is it worth it I reckon i've enjoyed about 3 seasons since we moved and although they will always be my football club, in the current climate it's hard to justify the ever increasing cost, I could get to and from somewhere like quorn, pay to get in and have a pint whilst watching the game for less than the cost of a match ticket now.

My seaso next year will be pushing £400 quid and it won't be long before I want to take my 2 young kids, yes I can move and get them in free, credit the club there. The only thing that keeps me putting my hand in my pocket is, I couldn't bare to miss out if/when our big day comes. 7 trips to the old national stadium, 0 to the new, I long for that day.

But I feel less and less attached to my club and the optimism i had when NP was here 1st time round has gone. I can safely say, you won't catch me down the egg chasers instead. But each to their own.

My first trip to Wembley on Saturday will not be to see my beloved Leicester but to see Newport County a club that has been in existence for 100 years and only ever been in the 2nd tier of football for one season which due to the outbreak of WW2 lasted only 3 games.

We haven't done so bad really have we?

My first trip to Wembley on Saturday will not be to see my beloved Leicester but to see Newport County a club that has been in existence for 100 years and only ever been in the 2nd tier of football for one season which due to the outbreak of WW2 lasted only 3 games.

We haven't done so bad really have we?

Don't expect to stand at Wembley!

I was in Caerphilly last week and a Newport County player lived opposite the mother in laws

Tigers here I come!

Will you be back if we get back in the prem?

I won't knock anybody for making a decsion like this, Its not his failing, its the players and the clubs..overpriced tickets and under perfoming footballers. When money is tight people have more important priorities, those in football would do well to remember that. the customer is always right.

You've got to experience the bad times as well as the good times. And if your going to quit now, then there's no point you coming back when we're in the Premiership. I go to watch my local team and sing my heart out, and I'd rather us all get behind the lads and be positive than have a few moaners booing.

Well I've renewed my season ticket. There was never any doubt in my mind that I would.

I did have a few seasons off though. I was a bit broke, living in South Yorkshire and I had lots of things going on. So I'm not knocking people for not being able to go or needed a sabbatical.

The plan about going to watch the Tigers seems good until you consider you will have to sit there week after week watching rugby. And the whole time...you will be wishing you were watching City.

You've got to experience the bad times as well as the good times. And if your going to quit now, then there's no point you coming back when we're in the Premiership. I go to watch my local team and sing my heart out, and I'd rather us all get behind the lads and be positive than have a few moaners booing.

He's been a paying supporter for 30 years, I think he's already experienced the good and the very bad times.

Remember that bloke in the early 1990s who was in The Mercury saying he was swapping his Leicester season ticket for a Forest one? That went well for him didn't it? he he

I'm not suggesting that swapping City for the Tigers is the same as the above though. Still wouldn't do it myself.

Archived