Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluebeau

My last season?

I didn't renew my season ticket last season for the first time in 20 odd years, I got myself a 10 game membership as I didn't think I could give it up altogether. Tbh I didn't miss it half as much as I thought I would. I'm seriously considering whether to bother with a membership next season.

My first trip to Wembley on Saturday will not be to see my beloved Leicester but to see Newport County a club that has been in existence for 100 years and only ever been in the 2nd tier of football for one season which due to the outbreak of WW2 lasted only 3 games.

:D My first trip too.

AMBER ARMY

There is no substitute to seeing football live. You will regret it. When I think of some of the seasons I have followed what is it that you find strongly enough for this ? The Thais are backing the club now free of Mandaric and Pearson has bought in players of great promise for the future. I think it is this recession generally stopping people following their team. You say you will still follow them via radio Leicester. You couldn't do that if you lived where I do and that's an extra £40 a year plus Sky subsciption.

well i personally think that we dont need plastic support like you then. surely getting relegated is worse than last season? but you still bought a season ticket for the season after. doesn't quite add up in my eyes but maybe thats me. i think a lot of people are being very naive. you cant just bye promotion its bound to take time. its took man city 2 years to win the prem and there not quite there yet. but whatever its up to you and its your opinion. i just think your wrong u might aswel go and support man u if all your after is glory. keep the faith.......... someone has to

A few of you in here already know that j gave up my season ticket in 2004 after my dad passed away... Games simply weren't the same without him.

This season probably equals the most games I've attended since that time (8)... The passions coming back but with a two year old daughter and a full time job I'm still a long way off making a season long commitment... Especially considering the dross we've served up at times...

F**k the Tigers I'd rather cut my eyes out with a spoon than associate with those elitist, stuck up tossers!

Regrettably I think the season just ended will be the last season that I spend my hard earned money paying to watch Leicester City at The King Power Stadium.

I have been a paying supporter for over 30 years, but I have finally had enough. My enthusiasm has taken a huge dive downwards recently. In fact although I had paid for my seat at the final 2 home games, I didn't bother going to watch them.

I will always be a City fan/supporter but unless the football club can light my fire again, I will be following them via Radio Leicester, The Mercury & TV.

How many more of you feel this way? Will the attendances fall this season coming?

Please don't accuse me of deserting a sinking ship, far from it as I think they will be a good bet for promotion. Quite simply I have lost my interest in City & football in general.

Tigers here I come!

Well my mate has been going down the city over 30 years as well, and he`s jacking it next season too, for much the same reasons as you give.

I have some sympathy, because i`m not sure that i have ever felt such a big gap between the club, players and supporters, as i do at the moment.

I think for some of the older supporters in particular, who remember the way it was, the modern game just seems a bit mercenary.

The game has become purely about money, from the people running the game, the people owning the clubs, and players playing the game, certainly at the higher end of the league ladder anyway.

The fan has become of secondary importance, to making a quick buck.

Saturdays FA Cup final, being a case in point.

Absolutely no consideration for Liverpool fans, and the trouble they were going to have getting home from the game, with the later kick off.

Personally, i will still be down the city next season.

Only if i get completely priced out of going, would i ever consider not going, i just love my football club too much to not go, and if ever a day comes that i can`t go down, it will be like losing a part of myself.

I do have every sympathy with people who have had enough though, and for people to call anyone who has been a loyal supporter for over 30 years plastic,because he feels like that he`s had enough, is in my opinion wrong.

As for going down the eggchasers, well each to their own, but you wouldn`t catch me down there!

A few of you in here already know that j gave up my season ticket in 2004 after my dad passed away... Games simply weren't the same without him.

This season probably equals the most games I've attended since that time (8)... The passions coming back but with a two year old daughter and a full time job I'm still a long way off making a season long commitment... Especially considering the dross we've served up at times...

F**k the Tigers I'd rather cut my eyes out with a spoon than associate with those elitist, stuck up tossers!

My thoughts exactly. :D

I've been watching Leicester for 35 yrs and for me this season has been the most

disappointing. I fully sympathise with the OP, I myself stopped going in Jan after

going to nearly every home before that,I just seemed to run out of enthusiasm.

Before people start calling me a plastic fan or glory hunter I have been to at least

half the home games in the last 35 yrs and many away games too even when we

were losing every week. I can't put my finger on why this season I couldn't be arsed

but I just couldn't.

I was talking to my dad about this the other day (he's 67 and been going since a boy). He was saying how he's not that bothered these days and he'd sooner go down the Tigers. I don't think it's the lack of achievement that he's grown tired of so much as the difference in matchday experience and change in football culture and the game.

You can give up being a foxes fan physically inasmuch as you don’t buy a season ticket or even attend matches regularly but in some deep recess of your mind, heart or soul or whatever you may call it , giving up emotionally is something quite different

I would imagine after 30 years it will be very difficult to completely become a “non fan”

I gave up regularly attending over 20 years ago ( I’ve never had a season ticket just payed at the gate )

I only get to a couple of games a year , but much of the old passion is still there and the joys and disappointment are still felt just the same , and news of what’s going on is still the first thing I look for in the morning papers etc

I don’t see the problem with being a Tigers fan too though , anymore than being a Leics county cricket fan , or Lions speedway fan

What’s the deal with that ?

Can’t anyone be a fan of anything else other than the foxes ? That’s ludicrous !

I've been watching Leicester since 1994 and personally I think this is 1 of the most exciting times I can remember at the Club, for the first time we have got the financial support we need to build and get bigger and 1 season goes by where we don't get immediate success and some people want to turn their back? We have just had 10 years of potential liquidation, not paying players, relegation to League 1, the most boring, uninspiring football I have ever witnessed under managers like Rob Kelly and Gary Megson so why turn your backs now? Man Utd, Barcelona they are also teams that have had disappointing seasons but that's football

You can give up being a foxes fan physically inasmuch as you don’t buy a season ticket or even attend matches regularly but in some deep recess of your mind, heart or soul or whatever you may call it , giving up emotionally is something quite different

I would imagine after 30 years it will be very difficult to completely become a “non fan”

I gave up regularly attending over 20 years ago ( I’ve never had a season ticket just payed at the gate )

I only get to a couple of games a year , but much of the old passion is still there and the joys and disappointment are still felt just the same , and news of what’s going on is still the first thing I look for in the morning papers etc

I don’t see the problem with being a Tigers fan too though , anymore than being a Leics county cricket fan , or Lions speedway fan

What’s the deal with that ?

Can’t anyone be a fan of anything else other than the foxes ? That’s ludicrous !

My brother played for the Tigers Colts and on the game he made his debut City were at home... When the HT's we're read out the 'tigers fans' booed because City were WINNING!

THIS is the reason why I absolutely hate them! City ALWAYS used to cheer at Filbert St when they were winning!

My brother played for the Tigers Colts and on the game he made his debut City were at home... When the HT's we're read out the 'tigers fans' booed because City were WINNING!

THIS is the reason why I absolutely hate them! City ALWAYS used to cheer at Filbert St when they were winning!

We shouldn't stoop to that level .

Personally I'm going to continue taking civic pride in whatever achievements we can get as a community , whether it be Football Cricket Boxing ,Rugby, Hockey . etc etc

Just because a few idiots boo that's not going to affect my attitude :thumbup:

That is shocking

We shouldn't stoop to that level .

Personally I'm going to continue taking civic pride in whatever achievements we can get as a community , whether it be Football Cricket Boxing ,Rugby, Hockey . etc etc

Just because a few idiots boo that's not going to affect my attitude :thumbup:

Personal preference matey, it wasnt like it was a mindless few to a 16 year old lad it felt like the whole ground were at it, compounded by the announcer chuckling to himself...

I'm absolutely behind every other Leicester side and avidly support Tigers players playing for England but can't abide the Green, white and red hoops!

This season has been very disappointing, and I can sympathise with anyone having second thoughts, but I know that I could never be anything other than a City fan even if I might attend fewer games for a little while. It's funny how passions run so high and are difficult to extinguish; for example, I still hate Liverpool (once my second club) for taking Emile away from us and starting our decline.

I watched the highlights of the 1983 Fulham game that was rerun on ITV4 a few days ago, and the blood and thunder approach in that game contrasts so vividly with the dull games we've watched in recent years. How different the crowd atmosphere would be even at the King Power if all our games were played in that way, with complete commitment from the team.

Personal preference matey, it wasnt like it was a mindless few to a 16 year old lad it felt like the whole ground were at it, compounded by the announcer chuckling to himself...

I'm absolutely behind every other Leicester side and avidly support Tigers players playing for England but can't abide the Green, white and red hoops!

you're behind the times mate :) they've got a sort of tiger striped design on the sleeves now

it looks like summat Bet Lynch would wear :D

Not bothering renewing but will probably invest in the "jermaine beckford membership plan" that means I will get 10 games and wont bother turning up for the other 13.

lol That is not a bad idea it is expensive. Even Matt Mills is thinking about a Tigers season ticket instead next season because of the costs

well i personally think that we dont need plastic support like you then. surely getting relegated is worse than last season? but you still bought a season ticket for the season after. doesn't quite add up in my eyes but maybe thats me. i think a lot of people are being very naive. you cant just bye promotion its bound to take time. its took man city 2 years to win the prem and there not quite there yet. but whatever its up to you and its your opinion. i just think your wrong u might aswel go and support man u if all your after is glory. keep the faith.......... someone has to

Fookin hell you're missing the point massively. I wouldn't call a City fan of over 30 years 'naive'!! He'll have seen us turn more full circles than a bloody wheel. If he bought a ST the League 1 season but isn't up for it next season, its not because we're crap, it runs a lot deeper than that. Disenchanted with the whole thing is how I feel. I'm a lot younger than the others on here who say they feel the same, but I do definitely understand them. Its probably not even LCFC, its football as a whole. The clubs do/follow what the FA tell dictate. When you see how the FA themselves are destroying the game, the sanitisation of football fans, the dross atmosphere at Wembley, the Cup Final kick off time (and date)I mean they couldn't even get the decision right to put the club wembley seats away from the TV Cameras (I'm on about the ones next to the dugouts), what chance do us fans stand?

Archived