Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluebeau

My last season?

My brother played for the Tigers Colts and on the game he made his debut City were at home... When the HT's we're read out the 'tigers fans' booed because City were WINNING!

THIS is the reason why I absolutely hate them! City ALWAYS used to cheer at Filbert St when they were winning!

The ruddy-faced, Barbour-wearing cvnts.

I support all of the Leicester teams (City, Tigers, CCC, Riders) by default. The City is my passion because i've been going since I was young and they're who I love.

But there's more to it than that. I actually went through a phase, by circumstance, several years ago of watching the Tigers regularly. One of my best mates at the time was an enormous Tigers fan and he used to get me free tickets. I even went to several away trips with him. Don't get me wrong, I used to enjoy the rugby, but it was never quite the same. I never felt the same deep-down engrained passion for the club as I do with the City.

But, looking back, the biggest thing for me is the cultural difference. What I like about football is the good ode boys, smoking, drinking and swearing. The Tigers support, by contrast, comprises mainly overweight 55-year-old solicitors in Barbour jackets, drinking 6 pints of Guinness and driving home afterwards in their Volvo V70s; as well as the swathes of 25 stone pensioner women in their replica shirts, waddling along with their Tigers branded cushions to protect their (already very well-cushioned) great arses from the wooden terraces.

The reason they (or most of them) don't like the City is because they look down on us. It's a class divide and we are the plebs.

But i'd rather be a pleb than a cvnt.

Well my mate has been going down the city over 30 years as well, and he`s jacking it next season too, for much the same reasons as you give.

I have some sympathy, because i`m not sure that i have ever felt such a big gap between the club, players and supporters, as i do at the moment.

I think for some of the older supporters in particular, who remember the way it was, the modern game just seems a bit mercenary.

The game has become purely about money, from the people running the game, the people owning the clubs, and players playing the game, certainly at the higher end of the league ladder anyway.

The fan has become of secondary importance, to making a quick buck.

Saturdays FA Cup final, being a case in point.

Absolutely no consideration for Liverpool fans, and the trouble they were going to have getting home from the game, with the later kick off.

Personally, i will still be down the city next season.

Only if i get completely priced out of going, would i ever consider not going, i just love my football club too much to not go, and if ever a day comes that i can`t go down, it will be like losing a part of myself.

I do have every sympathy with people who have had enough though, and for people to call anyone who has been a loyal supporter for over 30 years plastic,because he feels like that he`s had enough, is in my opinion wrong.

As for going down the eggchasers, well each to their own, but you wouldn`t catch me down there!

Well my mate has been going down the city over 30 years as well, and he`s jacking it next season too, for much the same reasons as you give.

I have some sympathy, because i`m not sure that i have ever felt such a big gap between the club, players and supporters, as i do at the moment.

I think for some of the older supporters in particular, who remember the way it was, the modern game just seems a bit mercenary.

The game has become purely about money, from the people running the game, the people owning the clubs, and players playing the game, certainly at the higher end of the league ladder anyway.

The fan has become of secondary importance, to making a quick buck.

Saturdays FA Cup final, being a case in point.

Absolutely no consideration for Liverpool fans, and the trouble they were going to have getting home from the game, with the later kick off.

Personally, i will still be down the city next season.

Only if i get completely priced out of going, would i ever consider not going, i just love my football club too much to not go, and if ever a day comes that i can`t go down, it will be like losing a part of myself.

I do have every sympathy with people who have had enough though, and for people to call anyone who has been a loyal supporter for over 30 years plastic,because he feels like that he`s had enough, is in my opinion wrong.

As for going down the eggchasers, well each to their own, but you wouldn`t catch me down there!

This is pretty much it. Not just a disappointment of Leicester City, but a falling out of love with 'the beautiful game' in general for me. I'm not renewing my ticket after 27 years of support. And before any narrow minded people say we don't want you / plastic supporter etc, that 27 years includes Hamilton, Pleat et al so I've certainly seen plenty of bad times.

As far as city go, Leicester will stay in my heart and i'll no doubt go to a few games but spending quality time with my 2 year old son means more to me than a bunch over overpaid, under achieving individuals. It had been a long time since I was that excited at the start of a season, only to have the rug pulled out from under me by the team. If they can reignite my fire then who knows, i'll certainly be taking my son down in a few years.

As for the game as a whole, i've become so disillusioned it's unreal. Teams go in and out of administration and continue to spend at unsustainable levels yet still pay the players first while 'Billy the Newsagents' ends up with an unpaid bill of £500. Electricians, painters & decorators, caterers etc who run the risk of going out of business because of footballing greed.

Teams make it to the promised land and then change the perspective from trying to win, to trying not to lose - all because of the amount of money. 85 of minutes of defending then try to nick one at the end unless you're one of the top 6.

And the shambolic respect campaign. Now don't get me wrong, racism is wrong and should be booted out, but throught the JT / AF affair, racism has been at the centre, yet JT calling people fcuking c*nts is brushed under the carpet. A great role model???

Are we as fans really cared for, if, say, 15000 of us renew at an average of £400 each, that's £6 mill. A tidy figure, but in the grand scheme of things, what'll it get you - an underachieving centre back and an inconsistent CF. 2 players without wages, so really we're just subsidising a very small portion of the financial package which the Thai's fund. I am very grateful for what they have done but in the grand scheme of things are WE as fans really that important???

As for the Tigers comment, woopee do. As Zingari says support Leicester whatever it is, cricket, hockey, egg chasing. For all the snotty nosed Tigers fans, I could name you just as many jealous city fans. And they are all minorities.

Hope i've not bored anyone too much.

you're behind the times mate :) they've got a sort of tiger striped design on the sleeves now

it looks like summat Bet Lynch would wear :D

Crafty so and so's trying to disguise themselves!

I wish people could get a bit of perspective.

Okay last season was disappointing, underwhelming but look what's gone before. Seven or eight years ago (when we last came down from the Premiership) we began an enduring run of seasons of mid-table mediocrity at best and relegation scraps at worst. Any player we had of any value was sold at the first hint of any interest. And our stellar signings consisted of the likes of Darren Kenton and Shaun Newton.

Throughout all of that mediocrity and some utter dross our support remained very good numbers-wise (me included in that). Was last season really any worse than that?! Now we've got some money to spend, players with genuine potential, a man in charge who has been our most successful since times were really good, is that really the point where you say enough is enough?!

Not for me.

I've had a season ticket for the last twelve years and when I look at last season with some perspective there's no way that it ranks with some of the worst that I've seen. When I look back at the Levein and Kelly eras I am astounded that at the time I honestly believed that each year would be the one that we'd snap out of those dreadful times and actually have a chance at making the play-offs.

I've been let down by Leicester many, many times before and I stuck by them. The League One season and our first back in the Championship thereafter were the reward for that. I'm not quite ready to jack it in when even in the cold, harsh light of reality I can look at the situation and see that there is hope for Leicester. Missing out on the year when Leicester finally do win promotion (it will happen, it's just a case of how long we're made to wait) is a horrible thought to hold, so, when I (and even neutral observers mind) can see that we're in with a chance of a little bit of success, that's not the time that I'm about to walk away.

Yes, people have financial pressures and other considerations to be made, those are fair enough. But to stop going because we didn't walk the league after spending a bit of money last season, because your hopes of promotion weren't met?

A little bit of perspective please.

Don't blame you to be honest, even though your getting a lot of people slagging you off.

I have also thought exactly the same as you, I might give City one more season if we do bad again, Tigers it is for me aswell.

Tigers is more money, but well worth it more excitement, more friendly atmosphere and a better side.

But I like it at City aswell, have a nice little season ticket family where I sit in the family stand which is good.

I have renewed my season ticket but I was tempted not to. I am starting to become disenchanted with the beatiful game its played very clinically, not as much passion from the players, I know they have careers and want to play at the highest level but they have to work for it, I have respect for the Norwich type of team who have rewarded the team who gained them promotion with premier football. I feel at the moment if we got promotion we would buy a new team and somehow the players seem to play as if there is nothing for them other than getting overpaid for championship football. I want all Leicester sport to be successful and I will watch other sports in Leicester but football and LCFC are my passion and I live in hope that next season will be the most exciting yet and we get promoted and I just dont want to miss it. Been fanatical about LCFC since the 1950s.

My brother played for the Tigers Colts and on the game he made his debut City were at home... When the HT's we're read out the 'tigers fans' booed because City were WINNING!

THIS is the reason why I absolutely hate them! City ALWAYS used to cheer at Filbert St when they were winning!

Really? I always thought they booed the tigers, back in the early 90's anyway.

Regrettably I think the season just ended will be the last season that I spend my hard earned money paying to watch Leicester City at The King Power Stadium.

I have been a paying supporter for over 30 years, but I have finally had enough. My enthusiasm has taken a huge dive downwards recently. In fact although I had paid for my seat at the final 2 home games, I didn't bother going to watch them.

I will always be a City fan/supporter but unless the football club can light my fire again, I will be following them via Radio Leicester, The Mercury & TV.

How many more of you feel this way? Will the attendances fall this season coming?

Please don't accuse me of deserting a sinking ship, far from it as I think they will be a good bet for promotion. Quite simply I have lost my interest in City & football in general.

Tigers here I come!

I was quite sympathetic with your post..

The money spent to see some of the rubbish this season does not represent value for money.

I take my mum down to the City..she's registered disabled and I go as her carer - for £79 this season which, I feel, represents excellent value.

If I was having to pay, what? £400 pounds plus for a season ticket then there's no way Id do it.

However, then I saw your comment about 'Tigers here I come'

willy puller........

:ph34r:

I understand fans disillusionment in england.

Having experienced 2 games in LA and Dallas recently its a world apart from watching football in england.

LA ticket cost about £18 (dallas ticket cost £11) - fans allowed to drink beer in the stands during the match, no police bothering you or filming you, stewards are polite and helpful, fans allowed to stand without hassle, banners, flags, etc etc....

and I thought it was just me. Been a regular at Filbert St and then the walkers/King power since 1971 and a ST holder for the last 20 seasons but over the last few years I've wondered each year if I should renew as I too had lost all enthusiasm for going (my main reason for continuing was I attended with my son and brother-in-law, so it was also a social thing)But the deciding factor this year was something quite trivial but never the less it finished it for me. Ever since i've had a ST i've accepted that i'll miss some games through holidays and other commitments , this year I missed four. But it was the last one that really finished it, I'd arranged to go on holiday on monday 23rd April after attending the West Ham game on the saturday but as this was re-arranged for the monday night it meant that I would miss that one. On hearing about the switch I contacted the club to ask if I could get a refund for this one fixture, but was told no refunds were available for ST holders but I could have an extra ticket for the Burnley game. Great I was going to that one so an extra ticket wasn't of any use to me. At this point I wasn't too bothered it was only after a friend who had bought a match day ticket for West Ham realised he couldn't go and was told by the ticket office that if he returned his match ticket he'd get a full refund !!!!!!!!!!! So for 20 years I've paid upfront for my ST and the last 2 years I'd done it as early as March. I'm sorry but it seems ST holders are having the p**s taken out of them. So after I told my son I wasn't going to renew he said he wouldn't bother then and my bro-in-law then said it was getting to expensive so wouldn't bother either. So for the sake of a refund on one match the club has lost three more season ticket holders.

I understand fans disillusionment in england.

Having experienced 2 games in LA and Dallas recently its a world apart from watching football in england.

LA ticket cost about £18 (dallas ticket cost £11) - fans allowed to drink beer in the stands during the match, no police bothering you or filming you, stewards are polite and helpful, fans allowed to stand without hassle, banners, flags, etc etc....

Are their soccer matches similar to Baseball and Am Football, in terms of it being 'an all afternoon' thing?

If so, I'm sure I'd get bored shitless.....

I like to go the game, watch it, and then go down the pub

The thought of having to spend hours in the build up and all that would put me straight off..

I know exactly how you feel!

I first went to Filbert Street in the 1974 Season. Ive been through the good times and the rough too.

There will no slagging off from me on anyones decision to call it a day, as a vast amount of money is spent following football in general!!

Currently my head says don't renew my Season Ticket, although my Heart Strings a pulling in the other direction.

In the end I will probably give it one more season, thats to ensure I don't miss out on the away days!

I know exactly how you feel!

I first went to Filbert Street in the 1974 Season. Ive been through the good times and the rough too.

There will no slagging off from me on anyones decision to call it a day, as a vast amount of money is spent following football in general!!

Currently my head says don't renew my Season Ticket, although my Heart Strings a pulling in the other direction.

In the end I will probably give it one more season, thats to ensure I don't miss out on the away days!

But by the sounds of it, going on the other thread, (unless I'm mistaken) it doesn't matter whether you're a STH or not next year in terms of Priority for away games. I may be wrong as I'm half asleep today

http://www.foxestalk...68#entry2233568

double edit.

• bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

brockmyster, on 10 April 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Doesnt say anything about having a season ticket to gain priority are they actually going to scrap that then?

I emailed them querying this and they confirmed that it wasn't exclusive to season ticket holders next year. Living in Manchester and having been to enough away games for Priority 1, i'm very happy about this :D

Any one slagging off the OP is a moron, the Tigers commet was most likely tongue in cheek (that's how I read it) the real sentiment is that he is fed up with being a season ticket holder at Leicester.

He is clearly not the only one, and it is not specifically down to this season, but in the main what football in general and this club now stand for. Regardless of how good the owners have been, it is weird to see Air Asia and Singha beer splashed all over the place instead of local companies. When you look at the team sheet, where are the long standing players, the icons, the legends, where is the passion and the love between players and fans, and this goes both ways. When you watch the FA cup final, at 5.15 on a Saturday, featuring 2 racists, 2 love rats, an olympic grade diver, a £50 million flop, a £35 million lump, delaying tactics and play acting, the all too regular controversy which could be easily resolved with technology, you just lose a little passion for the game. I think the Mills incident has jaded people more than anything else this season, he was going to be the new Walsh, Elliot, Taggart rolled into one. The greatest player since our last 5 million pound man...

Instead we got disappointment and controversy.

I have no doubt that despite not renewing his season ticket the OP, and others, will be back at the KP next season, a good start, or a run of wins will get the excitement back, get the interest going, remind them of the love that they have buried deep down, it may have been eroded away over the years but it will always be there, and it is not defined by how much you money you spend. Being a true supporter, does not mean spending however much they ask on tickets and everything else, it means blindly and ferverently supporting any and every player that pulls on the shirt even if deep down you know they are shit.

Any one slagging off the OP is a moron, the Tigers commet was most likely tongue in cheek (that's how I read it) the real sentiment is that he is fed up with being a season ticket holder at Leicester.

He is clearly not the only one, and it is not specifically down to this season, but in the main what football in general and this club now stand for. Regardless of how good the owners have been, it is weird to see Air Asia and Singha beer splashed all over the place instead of local companies. When you look at the team sheet, where are the long standing players, the icons, the legends, where is the passion and the love between players and fans, and this goes both ways. When you watch the FA cup final featuring 2 racists, an olympic grade diver, a £50 million flop, a £35 million lump, delaying tactics and play acting, the all to regular controversy which could be easily resolved with technology. I think the Mills incident has jaded people more than anything else this season, he was going to be the new Walsh, Elliot, Taggart rolled into one. The greatest player since our last 5 million pound man...

I have no doubt that despite not renewing his season ticket the OP, and others, will be back at the KP next season, a good start, or a run of wins will get the excitement back, get the interest going, remind them of the love that they have buried deep down, it may have been eroded away over the years but it will always be there, and it is not defined by how much you money you spend. Being a true supporter, does not mean spending however much they ask on tickets and everything else, it means blindly and ferverently supporting any and every player that pulls on the shirt even if deep down you know they are shit.

How can being 'a true supporter' mean that you don't shell out shitloads, whilst supporting the team through thick and thin, even if they are shit?

Do you mean that 'true supporters' can be such even if they choose not to pay and not go to see City?

Or am I reading you wrongly?

Gotta say I feel quite similar to the original poster.

I didn't bother with the last 2 home games, just couldn't be bothered and it wasn't all down to us having nothing to play for or a poor, underachieving season because i've felt like it for most, if not all of the season, for some reason it has been a really effort for me this season, it's been more of a chore to go to home games and I havn't been to all that many away games either. Obviously the poor season and underachieving has played a big factor but I don't put it all down to that I don't know just feel like my passion and excitment for it has died a little bit.

I've not renewed yet but I think i'll give it another season, see what happens, hopefully it'll be a more enjoyable season next season (Probably not) and if I still feel the same after another season it may be time to call it a day and just pick and choose certain games or even just go to away games - Although I know what would happen, i'd end up going to alot of games and may aswell have bought a season ticket no doubt.

I think there are quite a few people feeling like this aswell, but many (like me) have the attitude - What else would you do on a Saturday afternoon? I'm sure you'd find things to do, save more money but having done it for so many years it's almost like a way of life, that sounds a little sad but it's true really.

Whether I stop going or not i'll always support Leicester and i'll never turn my back on them compleatly but like I said it's been hard this season, almost like a chore to go to games.

Are their soccer matches similar to Baseball and Am Football, in terms of it being 'an all afternoon' thing?

If so, I'm sure I'd get bored shitless.....

I like to go the game, watch it, and then go down the pub

The thought of having to spend hours in the build up and all that would put me straight off..

Nope its 90 mins just like everywhere else.

lol

the sooner properly regulated financial fair play comes in, the better. football is an empty shell of what it used to be and could be again. it would be a far better game if any one of 10+ teams at any one time could realistically win the top flight.

He is clearly not the only one, and it is not specifically down to this season, but in the main what football in general and this club now stand for. Regardless of how good the owners have been, it is weird to see Air Asia and Singha beer splashed all over the place instead of local companies. When you look at the team sheet, where are the long standing players, the icons, the legends, where is the passion and the love between players and fans, and this goes both ways. When you watch the FA cup final, at 5.15 on a Saturday, featuring 2 racists, 2 love rats, an olympic grade diver, a £50 million flop, a £35 million lump, delaying tactics and play acting, the all too regular controversy which could be easily resolved with technology, you just lose a little passion for the game. I think the Mills incident has jaded people more than anything else this season, he was going to be the new Walsh, Elliot, Taggart rolled into one. The greatest player since our last 5 million pound man...

This. You dont have to be a season ticket holder to support your club.

Just because someone has a season ticket doesnt make them more of a fan than someone without

Archived