Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

De Laet and Matty James.

Now confirmed.

Leicester City have today (Tuesday) reached an agreement with Manchester United for the transfer of Ritchie De Laet and Matty James.

Defender Ritchie, 23, and midfielder Matty, 20, will join the Foxes for an undisclosed fee, signing until June 2015.

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson said: "Ritchie and Matthew are both players we have been monitoring for some time and we are very pleased to be able to bring them both to the Club.

"Both are hungry, young players with winning mentalities, experience of Championship football and a desire to be successful. They will add considerable quality to the squad."

Belgium-born De Laet, a versatile defender and a full international, arrives at King Power Stadium following a recent loan spell with Premier League Norwich City. He made six appearances for the United first team, including three in the Premier League, after joining from Stoke City in January 2009, having started his career with Royal Antwerp.

While at Old Trafford, he also enjoyed loan spells with Sheffield United, Preston North End and Portsmouth and won two senior Belgium caps during his time with the Red Devils.

Bacup-born James, an England Under-20 international, proved equally adaptable during his time as a young professional, operating in defence as well as thriving in his more customary midfield position.

After graduating from the United academy, he signed professional terms in July 2009 and was a central figure for the reserves before two successful loan spells with Preston North End, where he made 32 appearances and scored three goals.

IMO just the 'type' of player ( though I personally have no idea whether they are fantastic or not?) that Svennis should have signed.

Now, through in one or two good older heads and the squad will be looking much more healthy.

We still need another good goal maker and taker and a bit more pace in the team I believe.

Not really sure about James if I'm honest we need a leader in the midfield, someone with plenty of experience like Nolan is for West Ham

Its experience that gets you out of this league, we wont do it with youth

We all went mad waiting until July for Sven's first signing last year. Good to see we're getting them in early and settled. Though the whole team will know each other already I guess, with them all being from Utd's academy. ;)

Keen on De Laet, he's a big improvement on Peltier if he were to play at right back or a calmer improvement on Bamba at centre back. James comes very highly rated and if his nasty injury has cleared up then he's an improvement on every single central midfielder we've currently got as he dictates play which is something all our central midfielders struggle to do.

good pedigree and de leat already know`s what championship is all about and if the united fan`s being disappointed in matty james being allowed to join us is anything to go by we have a good prospect there :thumbup: welcome to both :scarf:

Not really sure about James if I'm honest we need a leader in the midfield, someone with plenty of experience like Nolan is for West Ham

Its experience that gets you out of this league, we wont do it with youth

Yeah because Lallana, Cork and Schneiderlin were all seasoned pro's for Southampton last year weren't they?

It's signings like this which is why I like NP. Even if it doesn't pay off it will work out much better for us if it doesn't (no huge transfer fees / wages). I'm excited about seeing these guys in a City shirt. Looking forward to next season already!

The blurb on the website says that Matty James used to play in defence. Hopefully he can still tackle a bit as we could do with some steel in the midfield.

Looking forward to seeing both play in the famous blue.

Archived