Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bakerfox123

My letter to top

As the atmosphere before the game isn't the greatest, me and another leicester fan have thought of the idea to write to top and ask about the possibility of a big flag passed over our heads before kick off and get some cards held above the heads of people in the kop either spelling out Leicester or LCFC, thoughts?

Although a fine idea, got no issues with it, I doubt it will improve the atmosphere. Think we had it around 2006, 2007 time?

Good luck though :thumbup:

(p.s, can you add about getting rid of that man with the horn who plays Post Horn Gallop?)

Although a fine idea, got no issues with it, I doubt it will improve the atmosphere. Think we had it around 2006, 2007 time?

(p.s, can you add about getting rid of that man with the horn who plays Post Horn Gallop?)

Had what around 2006? Can't remember any flag above heads?

They've been drowning out any atmosphere created pre-match for the last 10 years with their awful selection of music. Why on earth they play Hey Jude at full blast leading upto kickoff I'll never know. Soon as the ref blows his whistle there's a little roar of encouragement and then nothing. Whoever has made these decisions helped ruin it.

Does it really improve the atmosphere, though? I've seen the two big Chelsea flags passed around at Stamford Bridge before the FA Cup game, and it didn't really impress me a lot.

I'm much more for enhancing the whole situation by putting a focus on the chants and the noise we can make.

well maybe not the atmosphere so much but just imagine you were one of the players walking out the tunnel and the first thing you see is the words "come on leicester" written across the east that must do wonders for someones confidence?

i am that other leicester fan aswell really hoping this gets done to be honest. put in a lot of time writing that letter! :chant::scarf:

i also agree with getting rid of the post horn gallop! half the time he messes up anyway :glare:

The only way is to get fans who genuinely want to create an atmopshere to buy tickets together, I have no idea where that could happen in the walkers but no-one ever tries so the atmopshere will not improve.

Bring back Republica and Robbie Williams before KO

totally agree

i also agree with getting rid of the post horn gallop! half the time he messes up anyway :glare:

people moan that we don't have anything that is 'ours' as a club, and this is one of the few things that is actually 'ours'. not like the poznan or any of that stuff. it might not be great, but it is 'ours'.

In my opinion, the best way to improve atmosphere is to get rid of of the we're on fire goal celebration, the Chelsea dagger was alot better for getting the crowd together, have you ever thought why we try the Poznan? its because we are bored of just clapping when we score, and half of us feel to embarrissed to jump on the nearest stranger when we score, we could at least do the fist pump with the Chelsea dagger. Also our commentator doesn't give us much encouragment, did anyone watch the Champion's league final and hear the bayern goal announcer and the crowd when they scored or has any of you been to Crystal Palace and hear their guy, both got the crowd involved with the goal by shouting out the goal scorers name, its alot better than what we have. Also the acoustics in the KP are not brilliant so a microphone hooked up near Jobbers drum so it can be heard on the speakers all around the stadium would get the crowd together and ALL singing at the same time rather than out of time between the Kop and L1-J3

Good luck with the whatever you put in the letter ;)

The best way to create an atmosphere is to put the away fans in the right place. It's been suggested loads of times and it really is the only way. Don't know if Plymouth still do it but they used to play the post horn gallop as well. What the hell that's got to do with Plymouth or Devon in general I don't know.

in my opinion the only way there could be a atmosphere in the 'kop' is if they either move the away fans much closer or switch the position of the kop and family stand! the away fans would then be surrounded with L1 on one side and the Kop on the other :)

In my opinion, the best way to improve atmosphere is to get rid of of the we're on fire goal celebration, the Chelsea dagger was alot better for getting the crowd together, have you ever thought why we try the Poznan? its because we are bored of just clapping when we score, and half of us feel to embarrissed to jump on the nearest stranger when we score, we could at least do the fist pump with the Chelsea dagger. Also our commentator doesn't give us much encouragment, did anyone watch the Champion's league final and hear the bayern goal announcer and the crowd when they scored or has any of you been to Crystal Palace and hear their guy, both got the crowd involved with the goal by shouting out the goal scorers name, its alot better than what we have. Also the acoustics in the KP are not brilliant so a microphone hooked up near Jobbers drum so it can be heard on the speakers all around the stadium would get the crowd together and ALL singing at the same time rather than out of time between the Kop and L1-J3

Good luck with the whatever you put in the letter ;)

Jobbers drum can be heard from the kop I assure you - it's loud enough

Archived