Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bakerfox123

My letter to top

Wow there are some miserable bastards on here, quick to shoot down others ideas but not willing to come up with anything yourself!

Get rid of the post horn gallop, again are you mental?? The one of the thing that keeps us fairly unique!

I never said 'get rid of the Post Horn Gallop'... I said, get rid of the man who plays it, and get it played via the PA system again! Embarrassing when a bloke comes out and plays it.

Also, I am not quick to shoot down the idea. I replied to the original poster and stated to go through with the idea. I'm not coming up with any ideas because I haven't got any, and I'm not a tycoon.

I like the idea as long as it's not another shit season-ticket slogan panned across the front of the flag.

Perhaps just a big blue flag with Leicester badge on it to go from the Kop to the East Stand. I also agree about bringing back Robbie and Republica

Serve up some decent attacking football played with passion & aggression , would improve the atmostphere ,

instead of the last ten seasons of spineless crap weve had to endure

with the exception of Pearsons first tenure

Don't write a letter, make a flag yourself.

Why in this country do we insist everything is handed to us on a plate? We're the fans, it's OUR club. It's not in LCFC's interests (although it should be) to encourage colour, standing, singing, anything like that. When are people actually going to realise that?

Why in this country do we insist everything is handed to us on a plate? We're the fans, it's OUR club. It's not in LCFC's interests (although it should be) to encourage colour, standing, singing, anything like that. When are people actually going to realise that?

Or write a letter as big as a flag and pass that around.

But we would need a fire safety certificate

If we want one so badly then I agree just take it in and sort whatever, when the fans unite, the borethorities at LCFC will be powerless.

Think people in this country are far too scared to break the rules.

Whoever said get rid of the post horn gallop needs hunting down by a pack of dogs.

FFS, didn't you read the other post(s)?

I said get rid of the man who plays it, and play it through the PA System, not get rid of it all together! There, it's in bold, just in case anyone else fancies posting.

:banghead:

• 3 weeks later...

If we want one so badly then I agree just take it in and sort whatever, when the fans unite, the borethorities at LCFC will be powerless.

Think people in this country are far too scared to break the rules.

I think the fear of 'breaking the rules' these days stems from two things:

Firstly, there are so many of them that no one never really knows what they all are. Health and safety, Human Rights Act, Policy and Procedure... Most occupations and 'events' are utterly riddled with them.

Secondly.. We reside within a blame culture. Should anyone 'break the rules' it's unlikely that many people will have the bollox to back up the rule-breaker. They might say they will and even urge the person to do something... Only to then back off and let the individual take all the flak.

I see it every day at work Dan, I go into meetings as a 'spokesperson' chosen to raise an issue, to frequently then find those around me suddenly becoming mute when put under pressure.

It's a difficult one this.

I'd rather sit in a football stadium feeling safe and not subjected to abuse of any nature, but sometimes I consider everything is so controlled that it stifles passion!

I really don't know the answer.. What I do think is that 'rules' will only grow increase in nature because the country is effectively run by lawyers and beaureaucrats IMO.

I think the fear of 'breaking the rules' these days stems from two things:

Firstly, there are so many of them that no one never really knows what they all are. Health and safety, Human Rights Act, Policy and Procedure... Most occupations and 'events' are utterly riddled with them.

Secondly.. We reside within a blame culture. Should anyone 'break the rules' it's unlikely that many people will have the bollox to back up the rule-breaker. They might say they will and even urge the person to do something... Only to then back off and let the individual take all the flak.

I see it every day at work Dan, I go into meetings as a 'spokesperson' chosen to raise an issue, to frequently then find those around me suddenly becoming mute when put under pressure.

It's a difficult one this.

I'd rather sit in a football stadium feeling safe and not subjected to abuse of any nature, but sometimes I consider everything is so controlled that it stifles passion!

I really don't know the answer.. What I do think is that 'rules' will only grow increase in nature because the country is effectively run by lawyers and beaureaucrats IMO.

Well said Col. We go to bike rallies at w/ends tis great.

No do gooders No PC or Pc's and no blame culture.

You trip on a tent guy rope and hurt yourself what do you expect your on a camp site and pissed to lol.

Real people with the right attitude.

They should get a group of 50+ people, give them free season tickets, but they have to go to the youth games to practice singing, they all then should sit near each other on game day, with mics up above to start the singing and keep the atmosphere up.

I people wont like that it would love the 'organic' nature of the football songs etc, but that approach doesn't seem to be working. So having a group that know all the songs, are mic'd up and motivated (to keep their free tickets), I think we'd be ale to get a great atmosphere.

Having said that, I am in the USA so I was only about to go to one game last year.

FFS, didn't you read the other post(s)?

I said get rid of the man who plays it, and play it through the PA System, not get rid of it all together! There, it's in bold, just in case anyone else fancies posting.

:banghead:

horrible idea. keep the guy. i don't care if he messes it up sometimes and makes me a bit embarrassed for him. putting it through the PA lacks class.

horrible idea. keep the guy. i don't care if he messes it up sometimes and makes me a bit embarrassed for him. putting it through the PA lacks class.

Too right , and lets get Kasabian to sing their crap live as well , it sounds even worse over the P.A .

The best way to improve atmosphere is to have a team consistently winning and performing with flair.

I couldn't give a flying fvck about anything else.

If you want to waste your money on a stamp, write this.

And say that Daggers said it.

Damn.

Got a call from the club today to discuss this, couldn't answer but will try to contact as I have been doing all day. Will keep you lot updated

Brace yourself for an explanation on how it's unsafe.

Mind you maybe I'm being harsh - they've actually not said no, which is great news really, it sounds to me like they might actually be onto something seeing as they've got in contact and not yet shot in down in flames.

Keep us posted, more promising than normal although I'm not holding my breath.

Archived