Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

League Cup - First Round - Away to Torquay.

Seeing as I just got a job in Torquay, Torquay please!

Or Exeter.

Looks like I won't be getting to too many games this season :( I need all the South West ties I can get.

We have got Torquay.

Unseeded South:

Wimbledon - TERRACE

Aldershot - TERRACE

Barnet - TERRACE

Bristol Rovers - TERRACE

Cheltenham - TERRACE

Crawley - TERRACE

Dagenham - Seating

Exeter - TERRACE

Gillingham - Seating

Leyton Orient - Seating

Northampton - Seating

Oxford - Seating

Plymouth - Seating

Southend - Seating

Swindon - Seating

Torquay - TERRACE

Walsall - Seating

Wycombe - Seating

Yeovil - TERRACE

I look at that and there is only potentially 3/4 away ties that I would want to avoid (Plymouth, Oxford, Gillingham and possibly Yeovil/Exeter (Treks and a half!))

For me Wimbledon, Aldershot, Barnet or Cheltenham would be the best draw.

Oxford is a trek and a half but you don't mention Torquay and Southend lol

Finally after 22 years of following Leicester and 15 years of attending games at Plainmoor I will get to see the 2 on the same pitch, ticket permitting, but it will be odd standing in the away end at the game.

And with relatives down there, my digs are sorted.

Has anyone been to a Torquay game before? I am familiar with the town centre but thats about it no idea where is best to park for match days?

Literally no where to park near the ground, it's in a load of houses like filbert street used to be, load of little terrace houses as well so they get all the road parking, it's a bit of a walk up from the sea front / town centre as well mate and all up hill, best bet is to park up in town if your going by car and get taxi up to ground cost about a fiver and then maybe walk back as it's a lot easier down hill.

Just what I wanted Torquay or Exeter, flaming trek but have family down that area, and have been on holiday to Paignton before nextdoor to Torquay so all good.

Suggest people who are traveling by car to stay in Torquay or Paignton for a day or so, quality places plus it will be August so even better.

Literally no where to park near the ground, it's in a load of houses like filbert street used to be, load of little terrace houses as well so they get all the road parking, it's a bit of a walk up from the sea front / town centre as well mate and all up hill, best bet is to park up in town if your going by car and get taxi up to ground cost about a fiver and then maybe walk back as it's a lot easier down hill.

Cheers Bayfox I hate that car park in the town centre must be 1 of the narrowest multi storeys I've driven in, scratched my car right up a few years back in there. I might think about parking in the retail park on the way into Torquay or look to stay overnight at the Travelodge see if I can get some mates interested usually good for a night out!

We're guaranteed in the southern section? Shit, I wanted York away. Wimbledon or Wycombe in that case then.

I'd have liked York away too.

They are building a new stadium and Ash Chambo has just signed a new contract with them for anyone who's interested.

Cheers Bayfox I hate that car park in the town centre must be 1 of the narrowest multi storeys I've driven in, scratched my car right up a few years back in there. I might think about parking in the retail park on the way into Torquay or look to stay overnight at the Travelodge see if I can get some mates interested usually good for a night out!

theres a public car park if you look for the bus station bit closer to ground. i walk back that way to my relatives.

or newish premier in right on the front. near footbridge and gardens if you cant get in the travelodge.

Torquay fan here in peace. Delighted that we've got you lot but gutted it's at Plainmoor. I work a few miles away near Loughborough and there are a few foxes fans who i work with so it would have been amazing to have the game at the KP Stadium. Never mind though, i will try and get down for the game unless it's on Sky. First of all i have noticed a few of you discussing parking issues around Plainmoor but there is a shitload of on street parking all around and if you rock up half an hour before the game you should find somewhere within walking distance. Just turn off the main drag in St Marychurch towards Cary Park and anywhere around there is only 5 mins away. If you park in the town centre it is a hefty walk and best to get a bus. I think if we can keep our squad together then i am not too worried about facing your lot, we may need another striker or two and may struggle to score if we don't sign anyone but equally i think you will also find it difficut to break down our back line and our keeper who is one of the best in the lower leagues and should be at Championship level. Peterborough have made a bid apparently for our Bobby Olejnik. You won't encounter any problems at Torquay, the facilities are as basic as you would expect but the away terrace is covered and a decent size and behind the goal. It's just a shame there are no replays should it be a draw so i'll have to hope for a Gulls win first time then! Have a nice trip Foxes.

Archived