Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1989

Non Coverage of LCFC This Year...

...seems like this summer is SO much quieter than last season. Loads of SSN coverage last year, big signings from Prem clubs and millions spent. This season its all very quiet, gently doing out business buying little known youthful players. Which do we prefer? Do people miss us being the headlines or do we prefer it quiet?

I personally will admit I miss us signing big names, and I miss people talking about us. But I guess that just all ended in failure so perhaps this way is the way to success.

I prefer us being out of the news, the way it is now. I know we're favourites for promotion/play offs within the bookies/media, but I prefer Pearson keeping his cards to his chest and the media not covering our 'big name' signings.

I think not being mentioned so frequently and not being tagged on to every transfer rumour can only be good. Takes a lot of pressure off the players, and I think we always do better when expectations are lower.

i think last season the expectation was to be expected with some of the signings we made and obviously we had a high profile manager as well. However this time round i just cant see why we have the same expectations, we have got rid of more players than we have bought.

To be honest there are a lot more Sports stories this year, so us splashing a bit of cash is not going to get any headlines.

First the Euros

Then Wimbledon (I know it's every year but Murray and the Rain and Marray made it bigger news this year)

Now the olympics coming up

Race trials, and match fixing scandals in Italy, Rangers going bust have made the footballing news too.

I can't remember anything of the sort last year, so Sven throwing money around, and getting us linked to everyone from Beckham to Hargreaves and anybody else filled a few column inches.

Better that it's quiet. Less attention on us and we can go about business how we like. We'll not be labelled as "Sven's" Leicester anymore which is good for us I think. Even that term added unwanted pressure.

Having a big name manager at a club in the championship was always going to draw extra attention to us.

Better that it's quiet. Less attention on us and we can go about business how we like. We'll not be labelled as "Sven's" Leicester anymore which is good for us I think. Even that term added unwanted pressure.

Having a big name manager at a club in the championship was always going to draw extra attention to us.

Are you saying that Sven was a 'billy big bollox'?

lol

Much prefer it. Although I do slightly agree with foxesfan1989 with the buzz around the club everyday but it does add and did addserious amounts of pressure. I think the owners have now come to terms with the Championship a bit more in the sense that you don't always get what you want and that what Sven tried to do was a long term process. I believe in Pearson and this year simply because of what he did for us 08/10 and the fact that we now have an ever stronger squad than when he was in charge. I have high hopes for this season.

I think this is definitely a good thing. Hopefully with lower expectations, we might take a few teams and their fans by surprise this season. Rather that than having a lot of people expecting us to win, and then teams at the foot of the table having our pants down too often!

I wish Sven never came here to be honest.

Bit unfair we were in an awful state when he arrived, he got us in some great loan signings (And some not so great I accept) and managed to get us to a position where we were challenging for promotion. Yes he messed this summer up big time but we weren't in an awful position when he left. Plus as a result of his method failing we got Nigel back, I'm pretty happy with that. :thumbup:

Archived