Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hbkkids

Blackburn away

I'm going to Mill Hill from Sheffield, three connections to get but hopefully all worth it. Does anyone know is this Golden Cup is near Mill Hill?

That's what I'm trying to work out though I do know if you turn left out of Mill Hill station there's a pub about a 3 min walk by the canal. If it has Sky Sports, I think that might be our drinking hole for a few hours.

Where is everyone parking?

Obviously the Blackburn fan has said there is none really, and Google suggests this also, so I've looked on football ground guide (reviews from other fans) which suggest there are industrial units nearby :dunno:

I remember parking in a pub car park for a fiver quite close to the ground when we visited in the cup a few years ago? I'm quite sure that was about all I could find.

Last time I went was during the 2003/2004 season (didn't attend the cup game).. Yeah we did park outside a pub, but the one that the Blackburn fan said is now closed. However, he did say a new one is open.

I've found http://www.rovers.co.uk/tickets/parking/ though.

Couple of questions for the blackburn fan,

I'm planning on getting into Blackburn relatively early and having a couple of drinks in town centre. I know it's bit of a walk to ground but how far are we talking? Would I be better going to Mill Hill station?

Is this Golden Cup pub on the way to the ground from the city centre?

Cheers,

You will get into some Town centre pubs if you don't have any "colours" on. All pubs have door man on match-days and are told not to let away fans in.

The Golden cup pub is no where the town centre. Its on the boarder of Darwen and Blackburn, near the M65 turn off to Ewood. Its about a 10 to 15 min walk - down a big hill from the Golden Cup pub to the away end.

Mill Hill Station is still a 15 min walk from the ground and the pubs in that area but they too will be "Home fans only" - unless you bluff your way in!

Blackburn Station is about a 30 min walk from Ewood Park.

When you get off the train at Blackburn you will be facing the bus station. Get the no.1. Bus marked Darwen and get off almost outside the Golden Cup pub, thats your best bet.

Last time I went was during the 2003/2004 season (didn't attend the cup game).. Yeah we did park outside a pub, but the one that the Blackburn fan said is now closed. However, he did say a new one is open.

I've found http://www.rovers.co...ickets/parking/ though.

The link to the Rovers website says the "Fernhurst hotel for away parking" - sadly that shut to football fans towards the end of last season. The new owners of the Fernhurst are anti-footy fans and would rather lose an average of £20,000 lunchtime takings, than let supporters into their bars. They are really sad types.

The link to the Rovers website says the "Fernhurst hotel for away parking" - sadly that shut to football fans towards the end of last season. The new owners of the Fernhurst are anti-footy fans and would rather lose an average of £20,000 lunchtime takings, than let supporters into their bars. They are really sad types.

Ok, thanks. I'll cross that off of the list then.

They will have left town for the weekend knowing the Leicester high risk army are in town.

Probably another question really for the blackburn lad,

Im only going to be arriving 45 mins before kick-off, is there any guaranteed parking areas not far from the ground that i can get at that sort of time? A postcode would be appreciated too, ill head straight there.

Cheers

Probably another question really for the blackburn lad,

Im only going to be arriving 45 mins before kick-off, is there any guaranteed parking areas not far from the ground that i can get at that sort of time? A postcode would be appreciated too, ill head straight there.

Cheers

Nothing is ever guaranteed at Ewood as there is no street parking, but try - Darwen Leisure Centre Car Park as that holds over 300, the address is - Blackburn Road, Darwen, BB3 1AL - not very far from the exit to the M65 and the golden Cup pub!

I'm saying 2h 40 on the road but we will probally stop for 40min to

If Tuesday was anything to go by we stopped for 40 minutes but by the time we reversed out again it had been a full hour.

They were in no rush and we got there with almost 2 hours to spare as well.

Archived