Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hbkkids

Blackburn away

When 'Foxestravel' is sold out i really don't get it, this is a massive chance for Leicester to make money, i mean they charge £20 and have 50 seats so that's £1000 a coach! Minus petrol and hire cost of course

It is Fox Travel, anyway I don't think it's just a case of lay another coach on, what if they only sell 10 or 20 tickets for it, they will make a loss on that coach but we could say the other coaches would cover it.

Whoever sorts the coaches out must have some plan they have to work too, I do know they take names and numbers when they sell out so if the list gets to enough they put another one on.

The fact that this season they fill one coach before opening another is more a bind as it means I'm on coach 1 for Charlton, Blackburn.

For the FA Cup tie we were in both tiers

The away end - The Darwen End holds about 7,000. In the FA Cup quater final you got the whole lot. Last season only 3 clubs - Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool got the whole end. This season only Burnley will get the whole of the Darwen End.

Away fans will get the upper tier which holds about 4,000 and home fans the lower (or part of the lower - depending on how many the away team bring).

One thing you should note - the big away fans pub - the Fernhurst Hotel - which is just a couple of minutes walk from the Darwen End - is now closed to football fans (mad - tell us about it - its crazy).

If you want a pre match beer you now have to go in the Golden Cup pub - which is right on the Blackburn/Darwen boarder - about 10 - 12 minutes walk from the Darwen End - up the hill towards the exit for the M65. Make sure you leave this pub by 2.40pm at the latest or you will miss kick-off. ALL other pubs in the area are HOME FANS ONLY.

I'm in the lower tier

If your in the lower tier you must either be in with the Rovers fans :D , or Leicester are not bringing many fans down. Teams that only bring a few (1500 or less) will be put in the bottom tier on the Jack Walker Stand side of the Darwen End. The away ticket office is on that corner - for those who want to pay on the day.

Anyone know anything about street parking anywhere near the ground?

There is none - just big car parks on both sides of the ground (which will cost you £8 or £10 depending on which one you pick). There is free parking at the back of the Golden Cup pub (the new away pub) as well - I think that is free, but its a 15 min walk to the ground from there.

If your in the lower tier you must either be in with the Rovers fans :D , or Leicester are not bringing many fans down. Teams that only bring a few (1500 or less) will be put in the bottom tier on the Jack Walker Stand side of the Darwen End. The away ticket office is on that corner - for those who want to pay on the day.

Yes numerous I know are lower tier. Would expect us to ring around 1500 as a lot went Charlton last night and won't do both.

I'm in the lower tier, I think.

I can't see us taking less than 1,500 though? I always thought your away end is fairly big, and I suppose Burnley always fill it?

I'm in the lower tier, I think.

I can't see us taking less than 1,500 though? I always thought your away end is fairly big, and I suppose Burnley always fill it?

The away end - The Darwen End - holds about 7,000. Top tier about 4,000 - bottom tier about 3,000. The only club that will get the whole Darwen end this season (for a League game away) is Burnley.

Anybody still looking for a lift? I have two spaces left in my car, £10 each petrol money and we can pick up from the ground. Let me know

Anybody still looking for a lift? I have two spaces left in my car, £10 each petrol money and we can pick up from the ground. Let me know

Oh and first come first serve if it wasn't obvious, cheers

Is everyone going straight to Mill Hill station and where's everyone drinking?

Most the pusb round the ground it seems are now Home fans only. Think there's a pub just outside Mill Hill Station.

If you go back a page, you can see the post from the Blackburn fan:

"Golden Cup pub is the new away pub, and has free parking"

Couple of questions for the blackburn fan,

I'm planning on getting into Blackburn relatively early and having a couple of drinks in town centre. I know it's bit of a walk to ground but how far are we talking? Would I be better going to Mill Hill station?

Is this Golden Cup pub on the way to the ground from the city centre?

Cheers,

Archived