Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England Calling For Academy Trio

OS

Three schoolboys from the Leicester City Academy have received call-ups as part of the England's youth international schedule this summer.

Fifteen-year-old Kyle Bailey has been placed on standby for the England Under-17s squad travelling to next month's Nordics Tournament in the Faroe Islands, while Brandon Fox and Keenan King, also 15, will report for the England Under-16s training camp at Warwick University.

Kyle, who attends Wreake Valley College in Syston, will discover later this week whether he will join the final party travelling to the Faroe Islands from 2-12 August. England have been drawn in Group A to face the hosts, Finland and Norway. They will then face a further game against one of the sides from Group B - Denmark, Iceland, Sweden and the Faroe Islands Under-19s.

Meanwhile, from 13-16 August, Brandon, also a pupil at Wreake Valley, and Keenan, from Oadby Beauchamp College, will attend a special training camp with England Under-16s, furthering their footballing education as they train alongside some of English football's elite young talent.

Leicester City Academy Director Jon Rudkin said: "It always gives us great pleasure, both as an Academy and as a Football Club as a whole, to see our young players attaining international recognition.

"While Kyle, Brandon and Keenan are still of a very young age, international inclusion represents a fantastic opportunity for them to further their footballing education and experience something that will be of long-term benefit in terms of their development with Leicester City.

"Congratulations to all three players, all of whom can be extremely proud of this achievement."

During their time with England, Kyle, Brandon and Keenan will all be under the guidance of vastly-experienced Head Coach Kenny Swain, who will oversee both the tour to the Faroe Islands and the Under-16s training camp.

Whilst its great both for the football club and the lads involved to gain England recognition, I'm afraid it's no indicator of how they will progress into the future. Not at that age anyway.

Good luck to them though they are living the dream and I hope it continues.

Guest ttfn

Shoddy attempt at banter....

Shame there's no negative rep points.

I'd definitely have given myself some.

Probably leave it up there for posterity. One to show the grandkids.

Shame there's no negative rep points.

I'd definitely have given myself some.

Probably leave it up there for posterity. One to show the grandkids.

it was all right. someone referring to "banter" on an internet forum is worse imo.

Kyle and Brandon will Proberbly make it all the way, but Keenan is very injury prone and has been out for a while so I think he will struggle!

No one can gurantee anyone will make it I afraid. When I was a young lad growing up in Leicester my best friend was a lad called Ian Thompson he was the best footballer I've ever seen in my life. He had it all, was a striker and played for England under 16s. LCFC signed him up on schoolboy terms in the 90's and he turned pro.

He had the upper body of Mike Tysen and he could do the 100m in just over 11 seconds.

At the same time as him a young lad called Julian Joachim came through the ranks and a few years later another lad called Emille Heskey. Emile and my friend Ian new each other from school days at the City of Leicester School in Evington. My friend Ian was 10 times better than Emile Heskey and Julian Joachim. The only difference was Ian had an attitude problem and got involved in the wrong company and lets say substances which dont go well with top flight sport.

Emile was a model pro when I new him. He was always going to make it did what he was told in training never ever gave the coach any problems.

Emile had half the ability of my mate Ian Thompson, Emile ended up playing for England. Ian played for Hinckely I think, don't know what happended to him after that we lost contact.

What im trying to say is the best footballers don't always make it you need ability, commitment and desire to make it to the top.

No one can gurantee anyone will make it I afraid. When I was a young lad growing up in Leicester my best friend was a lad called Ian Thompson he was the best footballer I've ever seen in my life. He had it all, was a striker and played for England under 16s. LCFC signed him up on schoolboy terms in the 90's and he turned pro.

He had the upper body of Mike Tysen and he could do the 100m in just over 11 seconds.

At the same time as him a young lad called Julian Joachim came through the ranks and a few years later another lad called Emille Heskey. Emile and my friend Ian new each other from school days at the City of Leicester School in Evington. My friend Ian was 10 times better than Emile Heskey and Julian Joachim. The only difference was Ian had an attitude problem and got involved in the wrong company and lets say substances which dont go well with top flight sport.

Emile was a model pro when I new him. He was always going to make it did what he was told in training never ever gave the coach any problems.

Emile had half the ability of my mate Ian Thompson, Emile ended up playing for England. Ian played for Hinckely I think, don't know what happended to him after that we lost contact.

What im trying to say is the best footballers don't always make it you need ability, commitment and desire to make it to the top.

This...

Allegedly, Lineker wasn't considered fantastic as a schoolboy.

This...

Allegedly, Lineker wasn't considered fantastic as a schoolboy.

i heard from someone last season (who was around the club at the time) that they were going to let him go because he wasn't good enough (in the position they played him in) then they stuck him up front for a friendly and he was a revelation. probably codswallop but it makes a good story.

Lineker went to the City of Leicester school too. I had the same physics teacher as Lineker a Mr Mann. In Linekers final year report Mr Mann summerised by saying Lineker should spend more time on his studies as he will never make a footballer....

Very true, Quite a lot of the acadamey lads are considering leaving because the "Better" players have been told that they Carnt improve there game no more, and that they are just gonna wait and hope everything pans out! This must be why we hardly have much talent coming though in the past!?

Lineker went to the City of Leicester school too. I had the same physics teacher as Lineker a Mr Mann. In Linekers final year report Mr Mann summerised by saying Lineker should spend more time on his studies as he will never make a footballer....

Wasn't it considered that his brother was the better player when they were younger?

Archived