Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxKing10

What Happened Against Shrewsbury?

Excuses just don't wash with me. So what that one Shrewsbury goal might have been offisde and the other an unexpected long-range effort that might well have missed on another day! The goals counted. And at the same time our brave new team scored nil and would have lost three points and gained nil had it been a league game - no matter what the tired excuses.

"Nil" is a condemnation of all we do on the training ground from one week to the next. Nil equals failure in capital letters. Whether at Shrewsbury or anywhere else.

Don't forget that this was also Shrewsbury's Cup Final - and so not only was it three points lost in your imaginary league, which is obviously relegation form, but also a lost Cup Final against underdogs.

I do enjoy the annual "First friendly completed, Tony predicts impending doom" post.

I do enjoy the annual "First friendly completed, Tony predicts impending doom" post.

For a while I thought it was just an annual occurrence like so many others; summer solstice, release of THE BEST LOVE ALBUM EVER (typically Feb time) (can't believe they just keep getting better each year?), birthday and any number of random religious days... but no, this has become an INSTITUTION. Its better than any parody or faux-witty bo11ox us wanqas (the good die young) could come up with - because its serious. He really means it.

I meant does it matter how many Shrewsbury have played? I thought that would be pretty obvious... :rolleyes:

Well if you read my reply you'd know but to repeat myself using different sentences:

Yes because you were suggesting that we were poor because we hadn't played many games and I was asking how many they had because I doubt they've played many either so us not having played many was not a very good justification for being poor and because by all accounts they were significantly better than us so playing few games hadn't caused them any problems.

This is all nearly as boring as some of the games I watched last season.

Well if you read my reply you'd know but to repeat myself using different sentences:

Yes because you were suggesting that we were poor because we hadn't played many games and I was asking how many they had because I doubt they've played many either so us not having played many was not a very good justification for being poor and because by all accounts they were significantly better than us so playing few games hadn't caused them any problems.

This is all nearly as boring as some of the games I watched last season.

They have played more games than us but even if it was there first I ask again what does that have to do with us? 45 mins play is nothing. Is that difficult to understand?

They have played more games than us but even if it was there first I ask again what does that have to do with us? 45 mins play is nothing. Is that difficult to understand?

Which is why I asked because they may have only played 45 minutes as well which is why I asked, which seems to be difficult for you to understand.

My final word on the subject

you're not the only one that can post :rolleyes:

Which is why I asked because they may have only played 45 minutes as well which is why I asked, which seems to be difficult for you to understand.

My final word on the subject

you're not the only one that can post :rolleyes:

Very grown up. Well done. :appl:

Still do not understand what you are trying to get at. Do you believe we should be firing on all cylinders after 45 mins of play? What?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So the fans who consider that supporting Leicester City means accepting everything that happens, condemn those of us who want to see the club take the kind of actions in pre-season that will properly prepare them to mount a promotion challenge when the season starts! They're like voters who refuse to change their views however badly the party they supported perform.

Some of us actually care enough to be critical and it is damned easy where Leicester City are concerned.

Even against a Hinckley team that eventually looked half-full of kids we had just 20 minutes of genuinely promising football and even then went soft once the game was won.

It seems impossible to get over to people that after more than a decade of serial underperformance broken only by an interlude down among the dead men of Dvision One.

City need to develop some ruthlessness and to gather a team which doesn't just want to win but wants to do so with attitude and as a habit. And the way to encourage that habit is in pre-season friendlies or why bother playing them at all?.

City have a habit of starting seasons slowly to the point that far too often they are virtual also-rans even before the beginning of October as far as the title or second place is concerned.

And while the diehard blue fans might not be concerned and might ignore any failings as they seem to do season after season, the reality is that without a change of attitude this club will win sod all.

Excuses just don't wash with me. So what that one Shrewsbury goal might have been offisde and the other an unexpected long-range effort that might well have missed on another day! The goals counted. And at the same time our brave new team scored nil and would have lost three points and gained nil had it been a league game - no matter what the tired excuses.

"Nil" is a condemnation of all we do on the training ground from one week to the next. Nil equals failure in capital letters. Whether at Shrewsbury or anywhere else.

Yes, I can do sympathy when the team is whacking shots off every part of the goal frame or being foiled by the heroics of an inspired goalkeeper. But I didn't hear anything like that and even if I had it wouldn't matter. Goals are goals and anything else is just malfunctioning.

Well said !!!

Second pre-season game and there are 4 pages of our glorious supporters proving that we still have the most fickle fans in England. Our 'fans' are almost enough to encourage me to support someone else.

Friendlies are essentially training. You get fit, you get used to playing matches again. We did not set up to win. We didn't play with a win in mind. It wasn't even an exorcise aimed at putting on a good performance. Why not go down to a training match and critically analyse that? It would be just as useful.

If you don't know anything about football, please, for the sake of those of us that do, do not post. You're like the annoying 7 year old kid asking the Dad questions at home games.

Fvcking ******.

Second pre-season game and there are 4 pages of our glorious supporters proving that we still have the most fickle fans in England. Our 'fans' are almost enough to encourage me to support someone else.

Friendlies are essentially training. You get fit, you get used to playing matches again. We did not set up to win. We didn't play with a win in mind. It wasn't even an exorcise aimed at putting on a good performance. Why not go down to a training match and critically analyse that? It would be just as useful.

If you don't know anything about football, please, for the sake of those of us that do, do not post. You're like the annoying 7 year old kid asking the Dad questions at home games.

Fvcking ******.

Go support someone else then........... UN LOYAL SUPPORTER?

Go support someone else then........... UN LOYAL SUPPORTER?

Hence the use of the word 'almost'. Thanks for stepping up to the mark so quickly as an example of such fickle retardation, though.

Fvcking ******.

I would have thought that was an attempt at irony until I read the rest of your post and realised it's beyond you.

******?? Don't know anything about football???

And yet it's you that thinks a manager doesn't set up to win or put in a good performance???

Whilst it's not essential to win, and no big deal if we don't ... There's not a pro manager anywhere that goes out to do anything other than win, whilst learning about the team, getting match fit, testing combinations and tactics..... ALL aimed at getting us to perform well in the season .... that in 180 minutes so far we haven't played well against very lowly opposition means that preparation isn't going that great.

Noticing that doesn't make someone a "fvcking disabled" or prove they know nothing about football .... It does speak volumes about you though.

I would have thought that was an attempt at irony until I read the rest of your post and realised it's beyond you.

******?? Don't know anything about football???

And yet it's you that thinks a manager doesn't set up to win or put in a good performance???

Whilst it's not essential to win, and no big deal if we don't ... There's not a pro manager anywhere that goes out to do anything other than win, whilst learning about the team, getting match fit, testing combinations and tactics..... ALL aimed at getting us to perform well in the season .... that in 180 minutes so far we haven't played well against very lowly opposition means that preparation isn't going that great.

Noticing that doesn't make someone a "fvcking disabled" or prove they know nothing about football .... It does speak volumes about you though.

I totally agree

Very grown up. Well done. :appl:

Still do not understand what you are trying to get at. Do you believe we should be firing on all cylinders after 45 mins of play? What?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not at all...... :thumbup:

But it would be rather nice if the team gave the impression that it might, just possibly be able to get out of first gear...... :dunno:

So... we get beaten by a lower quality team in a friendly, people come on here and complain, other people come on here and defend what i assume must be considered by ALL as a less than acceptable performance.

hmm it almost sounds like a discussion, on a forum, who wouldve thought it?

I acknowledge that it is a friendly and it doesn't mean the season is over but... Personally, i expect to beat teams the likes of Shrewsbury, even if we are putting out our second string side and its the first game we've played. a poor result in my opinion.

I didn't think we were that bad, to be honest. It was a half-hearted friendly. We looked fit enough. A bit rsuty and sloppy on the ball and lacking sharpness, but surely that's the whole point of a friendly set of pre-season fixtures ? If we'd won 2-0 instead of losing (could easily have happended as we dominated possession), with the same performance, what would the positives have been ? For me, I thought Nugent looked very lively. Vardy looks like he has an attitude we're going to like lots. De Laet has pace to burn. James really is a classic box-box and with a few more games behind him could have scored several. Anybody else care to find any more for me ??

I didn't think we were that bad, to be honest. It was a half-hearted friendly. We looked fit enough. A bit rsuty and sloppy on the ball and lacking sharpness, but surely that's the whole point of a friendly set of pre-season fixtures ? If we'd won 2-0 instead of losing (could easily have happended as we dominated possession), with the same performance, what would the positives have been ? For me, I thought Nugent looked very lively. Vardy looks like he has an attitude we're going to like lots. De Laet has pace to burn. James really is a classic box-box and with a few more games behind him could have scored several. Anybody else care to find any more for me ??

Futacs didn't look like someone who is just going to be about winning headers but looked capable of getting involved and not bad with the ball at his feet, to me at least, that should reassure the 'Oh no, we're going to play hoofball' fans. Jeff didn't look awful either. Also none of the new signings looked particularly bad and we know what the other players are capable of, so that's a positive. You're right it really wasn't that awful, I mean sure if we started the season playing like that we'll get ripped to shreds, but it is only our 2nd pre-season game and we were facing a side who have just been promoted, they've got confidence and they are only a division below us. Add to that the fact that at home, against bigger opposition, they had more reason to go out and give it their all. Let's face it, if it had been a cup match we wouldn't have been talking like it's a guaranteed victory, and we wouldn't have acted like it was the end of the world if we lost, so I really think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. I'm not defending it, I was very annoyed, but it isn't something we should be seriously worrying about.

Alright princess I missed the word 'performance' out the PERFORMANCE concerned me...

Alright sugar tits, I'd have said the same if you'd have included the word perfomance or not. If it was a meaningless game, the performance means nothing. Pre-season is about fitness, not performance or results. So you can worry all you like - I can guarentee NP and the players won't be losing any sleep over a training game.

It's the same knee jerk stuff from our fans all the time. We beat Hinckley and all of a suddent Nugent and Vardy are the best championship strikeforce of all time. We lose against Shrewsbury and half the folks on here want to hang themselves. Newcastle lost a pre-season friendly about 7-1 in before their last season in the Championship and they won the league at a canter. Pre-season means absolutely nothing at all. It's just another form of training.

Some interesting 'revisionism' going on this morning.

The near universal reaction after the game was that not only did we lose, but we played poorly too, now we have posts telling us that we were not actually that bad....... :dunno:

As I neither went nor listened to the radio, I am somewhat in the dark. If someone who was present tells me we were shoddy, easily pressurised and forced into playing the long ball then this is all I know. This appeared to be the general consensus on saturday evening and that sounds pretty much like last season under NFP.

Anyone out there who actually did go care to put me straight?

Archived