Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Burton Pre Match - Beckford, St. Ledger Due For Return

I'm usually pretty supportive of players but Waghorn gets on my nerves.

If I hit a football at goal, 9 times out of 10 I will keep it down. With Waghorn, a professional footballer, the ratio is probably 1 in 10 kept anywhere near goal height. It's a pretty basic thing and why he cannot hit a ball without skying it I just don't know, but I do know it isn't good enough. I've seen him twice this pre-season, at the open training session and against Hinckley. I don't think he even came close to scoring in training.

He needs to get a grip.

If I hit a football at goal, 9 times out of 10 I will keep it down. With Waghorn, a professional footballer, the ratio is probably 1 in 10 kept anywhere near goal height. It's a pretty basic thing and why he cannot hit a ball without skying it I just don't know, but I do know it isn't good enough. I've seen him twice this pre-season, at the open training session and against Hinckley. I don't think he even came close to scoring in training.

He needs to get a grip.

Bullshit! Bullshit!

He needs to get a grip.

I would imagine Waggy is being used more as a foil for Beckford. If so then why not?

Many on here have said that Beckford may be better with a target man.

I would imagine Waggy is being used more as a foil for Beckford. If so then why not?

Many on here have said that Beckford may be better with a target man.

Yup in his defence he was the focal point most of the time last year. Would definitely be better with someone else next to him being the target.

You can print and frame that.

lol

I feel bad as I look like his biggest hater ( I'm not) so I think I need to throw in a few excuses / praises to balance it out a bit.

My gripes with those that blindly think he's amazing, not Jermaine. I want and hope he does well.

Archived