Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Athletics

Yeah I saw that race and never knew he was competing beforehand. He was blummin fast and slowed up on the last 25 or so.

Pretty damned awesome.

I also didn't know that Chambers was competing in the 100m. Saw him today and he looked good. Lots of very fast runners in that event though. It's the semis and final tomorrow I think.

I'm not sure about the Pistorius thing. Those legs are obviously not his everyday legs, those are specially designed running legs. So where do the aides for disabled athletes competing with abled bodied athletes stop? Could he wear extra spingy legs and compete in the long jump. I don't have a problem with disabled athletes competing without aides that clearly boost performance. If a blind guy can out run Bolt over 100m go for it, but using things like those blades, I'm sorry no, even if he is slower than most. It's the same as developing a mechanical arm for an amputee javelin thrower. Sorry if I sound harsh, but if someone has to change into their racing legs before a race, somethings not right.

I'm not sure about the Pistorius thing. Those legs are obviously not his everyday legs, those are specially designed running legs. So where do the aides for disabled athletes competing with abled bodied athletes stop? Could he wear extra spingy legs and compete in the long jump. I don't have a problem with disabled athletes competing without aides that clearly boost performance. If a blind guy can out run Bolt over 100m go for it, but using things like those blades, I'm sorry no, even if he is slower than most. It's the same as developing a mechanical arm for an amputee javelin thrower. Sorry if I sound harsh, but if someone has to change into their racing legs before a race, somethings not right.

They've been scientifically tested by a few independent sources and it's proven they give him no extra advantage over an able bodied human leg. The legs do not provide any additional spring or any performance benefit, so I say good luck to the bloke.

Edit: if his "running legs" were such an advantage to disabled/amputee athletes then surely we'd have seen lots more competing with able bodied athletes?

I share your doubts, but then again it could be compared to changing from loafers into trainers. :dunno:

It was great to see Bolt dip back into the 9.6 region. The wind helped a lot but it's still an amazing time.

Really disappointed for Asafa, if he had finished properly we would have seen the first 100m race where everyone finished under 10 seconds.

Does colin jackson annoy anyone else?

Yes he bloody does. I wish he'd stop using the word 'cadence' to describe running styles. While he's technically right to use it, it just sounds wrong because he's using it in the wrong context - he means rhythm.

Shit, I need to get out more and / or get a life.

A picture of Jess Ennis with Lawrence Okoye and Carl Myerscough before the opening ceremony.

What happens when a genuinely tiny girl meets up with two absolute units.

Azm3_V9CAAEuepT.jpg

Archived