Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Athletics

It's been a fantastic Olympics, no doubt, but we're still pretty shit in the track and field department (with the odd exception, of course).

we're 4th in the table for athletics medals behind the USA, russia and jamaica....not too bad.

• 4 years later...
57 minutes ago, Strokes said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/39787566

im not sure just what resetting all world records before 2006 does to help clean up the sport. It seems like a punishment for those that are/were clean, have worked hard and tars the lot of them. Very strange.

Agree, those that worked hard and stayed clean being punished as though they're guilty. I watched Paula take the marathon world record, it was absolutely amazing, I'd be gutted if they go ahead with this ridiculous plan.

Also the sport still isn't clean, what will they do in another ten years? Wipe them all again. They need to continue to work hard at catching them, embrace new technologies and science, hold samples and warn athletes that future science may expose them while accepting that the odd cheat will get through but essentially protecting those that play it straight.

7 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Agree, those that worked hard and stayed clean being punished as though they're guilty. I watched Paula take the marathon world record, it was absolutely amazing, I'd be gutted if they go ahead with this ridiculous plan.

Also the sport still isn't clean, what will they do in another ten years? Wipe them all again. They need to continue to work hard at catching them, embrace new technologies and science, hold samples and warn athletes that future science may expose them while accepting that the odd cheat will get through but essentially protecting those that play it straight.

I think this does more to tarnish athletes and the sport than anything that has gone before it. Possibly one of the most hair bained ideas they could have come up with.

14 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Agree....

this is utter nonsense.. Seems like some group of middle class twats, trying to prove how important, their

Jobs for the boys is, and need an angle to guarrantee their jobs.

None of them could ever have taken part in sport, they dont/cant  understand  what feelings and emotions they break

into, by issuing and trying to pass such codswallop.

There is no intelectuall debate for this, its wicked, spitefull and crass, borders on social incompetence within these types.

When I listened yesterday to some guy trying to qualify it....believe me I am not the type to want to just smack someone

around their gills, but I really really could of, hung drawn and quartered him. The fact its even been given a platform

Scares me....what  ever  next....George Orwell h ere we come..!!!

Feel really sorry for the clean British athletes if they do get their records wiped for something they were not apart of. This will not bring credibility back to the sport if they punish clean athletes. The testing in and out of competition needs to be consistently updated to stop cheats and the punishments need to be more severe to deter athletes thinking about cheating. Having world records wiped will only spur dopers to think they can grab a world record if they cheat, even just once. It is about better testing and harsher bans, that is how you beat the cheats!

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Feel really sorry for the clean British athletes if they do get their records wiped for something they were not apart of. This will not bring credibility back to the sport if they punish clean athletes. The testing in and out of competition needs to be consistently updated to stop cheats and the punishments need to be more severe to deter athletes thinking about cheating. Having world records wiped will only spur dopers to think they can grab a world record if they cheat, even just once. It is about better testing and harsher bans, that is how you beat the cheats!

Agree but I'm not sure why you said British, any Athlete should keep their record unless it is proven. 

Archived