Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Saturday has made me so confident

Good start against a team that took 4 points from us last season. These are the games that we only drew or lost last year. 3 games in a week, 3 wins, no goals conceded and seven goals scored (2 from corners) gives me a reason to feel optimistic. However, I reserve judgement until the league settles down after 10 games to assess our credentials as promotion candidates.

Yep I'd say we'll have more of a clue by about 10 games or so in. Not only about us but also about the competition.

Only yesterday threw up some funny results. Bolton lost, Barnsley won, wolves looked poor etc...

Now is too soon to predict anything really.

If we dont make top 6 there is something seriously not right.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned the need "for us to gel together"?

I'll tell you why and it was the same reason I gave last season - good players shouldn't need time to gel. On yesterday's performance we looked more a team than we ever did last season, the opposition is irrelevant. We looked an organised outfit. Say no more.

Very good post but Col City's made a very fair point. I was far more encouraged with yesterdays win than I was with any of our wins under Sven last year (although that Derby game was pretty special) and it seemed like almost an ideal display, because we turned the game around in terms of performance.

But it's very true what Col says, lets not forget Peterborough were extremely poor.

I love the enthusiasm I've got at the minute and I do feel like I'm getting a bit carried away, because after all this is Leicester and we face two tough games this week, everyone knows full-well what we're like.

Having said that, I actually see no reason we can't win at both. Honestly mean that.

My heart and head are having a battle right now.

My heart is saying "We have a very good hard working side who can beat anyone in this league"

Where as my head is saying "You fool, don't you remember how many times you were hurt last season by thinking we would win two games in a row, don't set yourself up for yet another fall"

Really hope my heart wins!

i think our forward/midfield options are among the best in the league and goals win games , providing we dont get alot of injuries top 6 is a real possibility

Our attack has as much FLAIR as I can remember in years and our defence will be one of the best in the league, no doubt about it.

The midfield has been a weakness which I worried about yet Drinkwater's probably been our best player in pre-season/so far.

I'm so cautious to predict anything too positive but I loved what I saw on Saturday, I think everyone did.

Believe it or not mate, someone rang up saying he thinks we'll be involved in a relegation battle.

They're wind ups. I'm positive of it and in-fact against Blackpool I'm going to text in the most embarrassing shite you could imagine and sit back and listen.

Can't believe the murmurings of discontent amongst some supporters leaving the ground and on the radio.

I must admit i was more confident before the start of last season's opening game but after that, although we won 1-0, it left me with more worries than expectations. Before yesterday's game i fully expected a win. But the way in which we won pleased me the most. Even at 0-0 in the first half, they may have "bossed possession" but their attempts to play it out from the back where superbly stopped by the two wingers, the work horse Matty James and the ever reliable Drinkwater. Vardy's work rate was superb, as was even Beckford's. Last season we really did lack that closing down up top. It's so important to have players that can get stuck in like that at this level.

Talking of getting stuck in, Matty James was immense. I don't think he's necessarily a great footballer but i think his work rate and style is perfect for the championship and he's exactly the sort of player you want in the middle of the park at this level. There is a smiliar theme with all of the new signings, Jamie Vardy looks to have the all round package for a Championship striker. He is a defender's nightmare, quick in between the lines, great first touch and another one with that work rate.

Liam Moore also deserves a big amount of credit. I would much rather have him as back up this season to St Ledger than an overpriced, over paid egotistical twat who thinks he has a god given right to be in the starting eleven. To link up with your centre half is such a hard thing to do but he looks like he's been playing with Big Wes for years. Great prospect at the age of 19.

I suppose it was the organisation and work rate of everyone on the pitch (especially the new signings) that impressed me most. It may seem like a small improvement but i think it's a fundamental reason we missed out on the top 6 last year. This side looks ideal to cope with Championship football.

Yes, it's one game. They'll be times when you throw your pie to the ground or radio at the wall, but something tells me we have a side with a real ability to cope with the physical and mental demands of the Championship, along with that bit of quality, we have a real chance. UP THE FOXES!

Great post, which I agree with.

I did think Posh had a lot of the ball in the first half (maybe more of it), but they weren't really going anyway. They were ok passing it out of defence, but lacked idea's in the attacking area. I didn't really think they were a thread, untill Sinclair came on and had two chances.

You mention him name first in this post; Matt James. I was so impressed with him, I really was. He was pressing, tackling and winning the ball back. I personally thought himself and Drinkwater looked quality in midfield, it is a partneship we can hopefully build our team around. Likewise, I was impressed with Vardy. You can tell we've got him from non league, because he doesn't give up. Most lower league players put the effort in, they appreciate where they are now, like Steve Howard did. He was unlucky not to score, but again, he pressed really well.

We did look organised, and we did have the hardworking attitude back. Morgan looked good with Moore, and like I said prior to the season, I'm sure our defence will be a solid unit again. It is one game, but it's a positive step. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come, and I have confidence in our squad. I do think we can get something at Charlton, and Blackburn.

They're wind ups. I'm positive of it and in-fact against Blackpool I'm going to text in the most embarrassing shite you could imagine and sit back and listen.

Unfortunately there have always been people who sit at home listening to the game and have the Radio Leicester number on speed dial ready to ring in and be as non-constructive and critical of the team as they can. Win, loss or draw. Seems like moaning makes up 99% of an old person's life and they feel the need to give us their worthless opinion every week.

Unfortunately there have always been people who sit at home listening to the game and have the Radio Leicester number on speed dial ready to ring in and be as non-constructive and critical of the team as they can. Win, loss or draw. Seems like moaning makes up 99% of an old person's life and they feel the need to give us their worthless opinion every week.

Bit of a generalisation - I class myself as old yet feel very positive about what I've seen so far.

I'd be classed as old so are you saying your opinion is more worthy than mine because you're 'young' perhaps on that basis I can say all young people are arrogant.

I didn't listen to the radio and don't listen to most of the idiots that chunter at football matches ..... So I'm shocked that you heard lots of negativity!

What on earth was there to be negative about??? I've not been that optimistic about our chances this season and don't share the blind faith that some do in NP's ability or style of play ...... HOWEVER I couldn't have enjoyed yesterday more!!!!!

We played quick, pacey attacking football, without giving the ball away needlessly too often. When not in possession we were sublime!!! We closed down immediately, got tackles in thick and fast, never let them have a second in comfortable possession anywhere on the pitch (the one reason they were criticised about passing along their back line in the first half was that was the only place they had a tiny bit of time to do so as 2 against 4 gave them an extra few seconds - but even then we closed quickly!).

I was thoroughly impressed with our performance, our style of play, our new signings, and the strength in depth to bring replacement high energy onto the pitch after just 55 minutes ..... I've become really excited about our season after that one performance .... it was THAT good for me.

"Peterborough were poor", for me is a cheap shot, and doesn't give us credit for a great team performance.

Waller I was going to make a post but you've saved me the typing :D c'moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :chant:

Can't believe the murmurings of discontent amongst some supporters leaving the ground and on the radio.

I must admit i was more confident before the start of last season's opening game but after that, although we won 1-0, it left me with more worries than expectations. Before yesterday's game i fully expected a win. But the way in which we won pleased me the most. Even at 0-0 in the first half, they may have "bossed possession" but their attempts to play it out from the back where superbly stopped by the two wingers, the work horse Matty James and the ever reliable Drinkwater. Vardy's work rate was superb, as was even Beckford's. Last season we really did lack that closing down up top. It's so important to have players that can get stuck in like that at this level.

Talking of getting stuck in, Matty James was immense. I don't think he's necessarily a great footballer but i think his work rate and style is perfect for the championship and he's exactly the sort of player you want in the middle of the park at this level. There is a smiliar theme with all of the new signings, Jamie Vardy looks to have the all round package for a Championship striker. He is a defender's nightmare, quick in between the lines, great first touch and another one with that work rate.

Liam Moore also deserves a big amount of credit. I would much rather have him as back up this season to St Ledger than an overpriced, over paid egotistical twat who thinks he has a god given right to be in the starting eleven. To link up with your centre half is such a hard thing to do but he looks like he's been playing with Big Wes for years. Great prospect at the age of 19.

I suppose it was the organisation and work rate of everyone on the pitch (especially the new signings) that impressed me most. It may seem like a small improvement but i think it's a fundamental reason we missed out on the top 6 last year. This side looks ideal to cope with Championship football.

Yes, it's one game. They'll be times when you throw your pie to the ground or radio at the wall, but something tells me we have a side with a real ability to cope with the physical and mental demands of the Championship, along with that bit of quality, we have a real chance. UP THE FOXES!

If you don't mind me saying I think this post is a bit OTT at this stage of season, I am confident as any fan but we shouldn't really read too much into the result, being the first game in a long, long season as well being against the shite that is Peterborough. I was pleased with the performance too but no one individually was superb, it was just a great team peformance which will hopefully win us promotion. Wes and Moore have a lot of work to do to become a solid pairing, thought Moore put in a good shift but was caught out a few times.

If you don't mind me saying I think this post is a bit OTT at this stage of season, I am confident as any fan but we shouldn't really read too much into the result, being the first game in a long, long season as well being against the shite that is Peterborough. I was pleased with the performance too but no one individually was superb, it was just a great team peformance which will hopefully win us promotion. Wes and Moore have a lot of work to do to become a solid pairing, thought Moore put in a good shift but was caught out a few times.

It's an FT thing... The optimists have taken centre stage after one win against Peterborough. Should we lose the next two the negativists will be out with a vengeance.

I think we look a better team than last year, more organised, fitter and with a greater work ethic. But I'll feel more confident if we continue this tomorrow and on Saturday.

And I agree, Peterborough looked better last season IMO.

I'd take 3 points out the next two games without a doubt.

I don't mean to piss on your bonfire and I don't mean to sound conceted but I wouldn't allow Saturday's match to influence your levels of optimism too much. Peterborough, IMHO, are poor and will be relegation fodder this season. Having said that, I too am confident but that has been a mixture of prematch fixtures and the changes in personnel. UTF

Archived