Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststand68

Harry Rednapp

I've had my reservations about Pearson but where's the sense in changing a manager who's so close to getting it right and providing us with the best team we've had for years.

All that really went wrong today was that, while Blackburn scored twice from three chances, we scored once, missed once from three yards, had an excellent goal seemingly harshly disallowed and failed to shoot with sufficient speed and conviction to make the most of our chances - or saw our shots blocked.

Territorially, apart from the spell when we changed the team and conceded the winner, we were just as dominant as against Charlton.

Did Nugent miss a sitter or did Robinson make a breathtaking save? Whatever he did just the same as Vardy and directed his header straight at the goalkeeper - a header which would surely have been the passport to reneved confidence and likely victory.

But we didn't take our chance while Blackburn did and you coulnd't help but wonder at the time if we were fated to suffer the same outcome for the same outstanding effort.

Well, just like when MON lost all those games at the beginning of his career at Leicester, these things change and there is every reason to expect that because fans today had confirmation that our team really is capable of playing consistently to a high standard.

It is all about confidence and belief now, not changing the manager and personnel again.

Again, there's some fine tuning to be done. But the basis is there now and the one vital ingredient missing is ruthlessness .

I didn't think MON did lose most of his games at the start of his tenure?

Weren't they mainly draws?

Or has old age finally caught up with me?

Alex Ferguson will be looking to retire from Man Utd in a few years shall we hold out for him?

Bollocks - if he isn't good enough for Manchester United at that point then he's not good enough for us.

I've had my reservations about Pearson but where's the sense in changing a manager who's so close to getting it right and providing us with the best team we've had for years.

All that really went wrong today was that, while Blackburn scored twice from three chances, we scored once, missed once from three yards, had an excellent goal seemingly harshly disallowed and failed to shoot with sufficient speed and conviction to make the most of our chances - or saw our shots blocked.

Territorially, apart from the spell when we changed the team and conceded the winner, we were just as dominant as against Charlton.

Did Nugent miss a sitter or did Robinson make a breathtaking save? Whatever he did just the same as Vardy and directed his header straight at the goalkeeper - a header which would surely have been the passport to reneved confidence and likely victory.

But we didn't take our chance while Blackburn did and you coulnd't help but wonder at the time if we were fated to suffer the same outcome for the same outstanding effort.

Well, just like when MON lost all those games at the beginning of his career at Leicester, these things change and there is every reason to expect that because fans today had confirmation that our team really is capable of playing consistently to a high standard.

It is all about confidence and belief now, not changing the manager and personnel again.

Again, there's some fine tuning to be done. But the basis is there now and the one vital ingredient missing is ruthlessness .

I read the first line and am now too scared to read the rest because i agree we are close to having our best team in at least a decade.

Why don't you two go for a pint? Sounds like you'd get on like a house on fire. You wouldn't have to resort to trying to make everyone on here a grumpy pants as well.

What would cheer you up Haydos? Lots of Leicester fans all smiling and patting each other on the back every time we lose but play well - go for a pint with Babylon then

Seriously if you all value our club at all no Leicester Fan would want harry redknapp here as our manager. Look at what he has done at his previous club`s paid his player`s what they want in order to get them to play better for him, this to me would be like sven all over again! why do we have to keep going back to square one? have supporter`s realised that stability is key and sacking pearson will just take us a step back from where we are trying to be. Granted We have had the start to the season we wanted, but the general feeling is we have been very unlucky in our last 2 away games! we have still got a lot to come in our team, a fully fit defence and knockaert is sure to develop into a star for us through the season.

Let`s not jump the gun and ask for Pearson to be sacked, let`s go for stability and the supporter`s getting behind him and his team!

Archived