Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rossiboy19

Blackburn spend 8 million on Rhodes and we are supposed to be the big spenders?

annoys me when they call us "Big Spending" Leicester City i have to admit....thats alot of money Blackburn are laying out for a player who tbf....is proven in League 1 but hasnt cut it at Championship or Premiership level as of yet.

a part of me tbh....wants to see Blackburn not go up to see what reaction the owners will give.

I assumed that the where is are (sic) ambition comment was meant ironically.

If so then can I kindly ask all posters to make sure their ironic quips are followed by a smiley, a winky, a ph3ar, or a whistley one. There are so many people posting utter drivel it would make my subtle irony filter is broken.

We are supposed to be the big spenders of the division and Blackburn have showed they mean business by paying out 8 million on Rhodes. Where is our ambition?

We are spending little money on unknown players eg.

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

Point 1:

grammarpolice.jpg?w=450

Grammar Police: Its OUR not ARE ambition

Point 2

We don't have £8m, and if we did we wouldn't / shouldn't spend it on one player. Blackburn are doing what we did last year, gambling on success. If they spend big, they will go straight back up. We did it and we failed, and now, although we do have more money than most in the league, we won't continue to gamble which is why we sign cheaper players on lower wages than those we had last year. It's not a lack of ambition, its financial realism. Had we gone up last year it would have been a different story, but we didn't, and we have to operate within a more reasonable budget,

Dry your eyes, get over it, and support whoever it is that pulls the shirt on.

Don't worry, all the bandwagoning ****** who can't think for themselves will still slam us for buying the league even though we've re-couped as much as we've spent.

I seriously hate so many neutrals, such idiots who jump on the bandwagon.

We are paying Pearson £2,000,000 per annum, so if that isn't wasting money, what is? :pearson: No wonder he's laughing!

quite a lie

Sven was on a £3m 2 year contract... Waste of money was in a) signing that deal b) paying it off

Not to mention giving the clown enough money to blow it on a load of players on Premiership wages in a seemingly 2 season gamble to go up (remember some mysterious backers pulled out even after just the first season where we didn't go up, or even get in the top 6)

Secondly we needed a manager, and we approached one under contract... but I can promise you he is NOT on £2m a year... you are either mistaken or more likely lying just to get your pathetic agenda across

Don't worry, all the bandwagoning ****** who can't think for themselves will still slam us for buying the league even though we've re-couped as much as we've spent.

I seriously hate so many neutrals, such idiots who jump on the bandwagon.

You're only looking at actual fees...

I doubt we've recovered one of the largest amounts in the whole country, never-mind division that we've blown on agents fees

It's unlikely that even with the resale, we've managed to get out of signing fees paid to the player & loyalty bonuses through them departing for reasons not of their own choosing eg. them not instigating the move

and what about wages which enabled us to sign some of them ahead of some Premier league clubs, some of them will be huge

So regardless of what it looks like we've got back, whether we made a loss or not, it's unlikely we've covered everything we've blown on them... and that's not to mention extended, improved contacts given to Gally, Wellens, Howard & others by the former manager.

Knockaert was aparently £2.2m accoring to Chris Kamara in the sun when he did all the predictions, we spent £5m and sold players for all around £3.5m ish, this was few weeks back though, i can't fully remember :P

lol

Chris Kamara, so that pretty much confirms to me the fee was literally anything other than £2.2mil

You're only looking at actual fees...

I doubt we've recovered one of the largest amounts in the whole country, never-mind division that we've blown on agents fees

It's unlikely that even with the resale, we've managed to get out of signing fees paid to the player & loyalty bonuses through them departing for reasons not of their own choosing eg. them not instigating the move

and what about wages which enabled us to sign some of them ahead of some Premier league clubs, some of them will be huge

So regardless of what it looks like we've got back, whether we made a loss or not, it's unlikely we've covered everything we've blown on them... and that's not to mention extended, improved contacts given to Gally, Wellens, Howard & others by the former manager.

You raise fair points, I just think it's ridiculously unfair to still call us the big-spenders when we're if anything doing our best to not spend too much and we're actually being pretty cautious.

Bear in mind with re-couping money, you're getting players like Mills, Bamba, Peltier, Vassell etc.. all off the wage bill, I bet the new players are all on less than they were.

We are paying Pearson £2,000,000 per annum, so if that isn't wasting money, what is? :pearson: No wonder he's laughing!

Aye, we ought to bring back Sven, double what we were paying Pearson and give it to him to blow absolutely ridiculous money on mediocre shite who are 100% money motivated.

That'll sure send us out this league, back to League fvcking One.

Still playing the blame sven card? Nearly a year later? Seriously?

Oh yes...

Svens nonsense has had a major impact on this football club and may well continue to do so for some time.

The money he spent on some of the crap he signed is bewildering. Both in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Archived