Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rossiboy19

Blackburn spend 8 million on Rhodes and we are supposed to be the big spenders?

We are supposed to be the big spenders of the division and Blackburn have showed they mean business by paying out 8 million on Rhodes. Where is our ambition?

We are spending little money on unknown players eg.

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

We are supposed to be the big spenders of the division and Blackburn have showed they mean business by paying out 8 million on Rhodes. Where is our ambition?

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

We spent it last year and you can be pretty sure that if Blackburn are still in this league next season they'll probably be wishing they hadn't spent it.

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

Lack of spending doesn't mean you have no ambition, and 'unknown players' ((:rolleyes:)) doesn't mean they are useless. Remember, we spent a lot of money last year, and where did that get us? And no disrespect to Rhodes, Blackburn have spent £8million on him, and he hasn't really played at Championship level before. Of course, that doesn't mean anything because Morison and Austin have both converted to top Championship strikers, but would you really like to see us spending £8million on a striker? I know, at the current time, I wouldn't.

Lack of spending doesn't mean you have no ambition, and 'unknown players' (( :rolleyes:)) doesn't mean they are useless. Remember, we spent a lot of money last year, and where did that get us? And no disrespect to Rhodes, Blackburn have spent £8million on him, and he hasn't really played at Championship level before. Of course, that doesn't mean anything because Morison and Austin have both converted to top Championship strikers, but would you really like to see us spending £8million on a striker? I know, at the current time, I wouldn't.

I would not see us spending £8 million on a stricker, but I would like to see us spending more around £2million or more on a player or two who are well known in the division and can give use something different and exiting.

I would not see us spending £8 million on a stricker, but I would like to see us spending more around £2million or more on a player or two who are well known in the division and can give use something different and exiting.

We haven't got the money to do that!

That Matt Mills looks good for a couple of mil..

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

Well I'd heard of them all bar "Knockout" - perhaps it's just me being a know it all.

We might not have the transfer budget or the wage budget, plus you have to consider that new regulation.

It doesn't matter if a player is well known or not, I don't think reputation comes into play when you consider signing a player (not for me anyway, as long as he works hard). I can name loads of players that were unknown but made a name for themselves at a higher level (like I have done before).

Nobody refers to Leicester as the 'big spenders'. Maybe Sky and their pundits do, but they always come across as they hate us anyway. I personally don't see us as the big spenders, and I am pleased about that. I think I understand where you're coming from, but we've tried spending last season, and it didn't work. The last time we came close to promotion, our team was made up of hardworking players who delivered on a consistent basis, we didn't have any big names (although Solano is massive in Peru) and we didn't spend big.

You don't have to spend to be a good team, just look at Blackpool and Swansea as examples, both of which got promoted.

Anyone spending £8m on someone never doing it outside of league one is fecking insane.

Evidence? Just because Nigel hasn't spent it, doesn't mean there isn't any money to spend.

No you are right, i'm sure he's sat with £20m in his pocket saying it's better there than spent on the team and saving his job.

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

You muppet. Throwing extortionate money at footba...sorry, average footballers is NOT showing ambition. Buying young, hungry players to build an AMBITIOUS team is however.

If thats the case, we should not be referred as the "big spenders"

Because compared to about 20teams in this league we have still spent a lot of money, even though it isn't as much as last season, teams like Barnsley peterborough derby etc I'm sure would love to lend the money we have

Evidence? Just because Nigel hasn't spent it, doesn't mean there isn't any money to spend.

Look at the facts, we have/are looking to get rid of our biggest earners does that look like a club that has 8mill to splash on a player that hasn't played let alone scored in this division absolute madness,

1 million on Matty James

1 million on De Lat,

1 million + on Vardy

Free - Whitebread

Knockout - Undisclosed

Futacs - Free

Where is are ambition?

Where is our ambition? We have an expensively assembled squad, quite a few of players would be on enough wages to have seen us beat Premier clubs in signing them, Thai's invested around £20m in the playing side... What exactly do you mean, where is our ambition?

It's been blown. The gamble failed... we now have to earn our our right to be near the top, so it's about time we all pulled together and stopped living in dream world where we want the manager out every 2 fvcking minutes... and get behind whoever is in charge and the frickin team.

Because compared to about 20teams in this league we have still spent a lot of money, even though it isn't as much as last season, teams like Barnsley peterborough derby etc I'm sure would love to lend the money we have

I think you are on the wrong forum mate, that was a salient balanced and accurate point.

To the op and any other muppets what would rather spend 8million on? Jordan Rhodes or Marshall, drinkwater, knocky, de laet, Whitbread, vardy, James, futacs and Morgan.

If we had a top squad and just needed that one player to score the goals, I still wouldn't have spent 8 million on Rhodes, but you could justify spending that amount on one player, if you are doing a rebuilding job and need to strengthen all areas you can't

We invested heavily last season and it didn't work! I don't expect the kind of money that was spent last season being spent again until we get to the premier league. Our owners showed their intent last season, but they do not have a bottomless money pit to throw that kind of money around every year which I am quite glad for. Look at some of the clubs who tried that and what has become of them ie: Pompey, Leeds only just recovering etc

Archived