Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

'My time at City, Ian Holloway

http://www.thisislei...tail/story.html

I can guarantee Leicester fans that every single day I went into that club I tried my best.

My time at City was the worst possible nightmare'

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway admits he probably would not have enjoyed the success he has had with the Tangerines if it was not for his time as Leicester City boss.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/holloway-on-leicester-clash-1-4888309

The Pool boss has failed to win against City since taking over at Bloomfield Road over three years ago, makes him “sick and fed upâ€.

"Not this evening either Mr Hollaway, keep your sick bag handy 3-2 to City" :banana:

I think his time here made him the manager he is today.

He was always renowned for safety first football as well as his quips before coming here, then went back to Blackpool with a far more attacking style and has reaped the dividends since. In fairness, we'd been a club in decline for some time before he walked into our dugout for the first time so he can't be blamed completely for what happened that season.

He made mistakes but people saying he was the worst manager in our history are way off. Peter Taylor took a top 10 Premiership side playing in Europe with an unprecedented budget that could have been on the brink of something really special and turned it into relegation fodder. And to think we were linked with David Moyes when MON left. :(

Not gonna complain too much, as I stand by the fact that being relegated helped us become the team we are today.

Which is one place below the league position we were in when he arrived.

I think Holloway's more cut up about that relegation than we are.

With hindsight, it was the best thing that could have happened to the club.

He is a far better manager than most gave credit for. He took Blackpool into the Premiership on a shoestring budget. It wasn't his fault that once there, he was given no real money to establish themselves.

Yet on a shoestring budget, Nigel finished above him the season Blackpool went up, you think Nigel is a far better manager than most give him credit for right?

Archived