Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Would you have Jack Hobbs back?

Would you have Jack Hobbs back?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Jack Hobbs back?

• Yes
    • No

I would be glad to see him back but I don't think we need him Morgan and Moore are good enough to get us in the top 6 and Whitbread and SSL would walk into most Championship defences too

The most realistic comment. Hobbs would be a great defender again under NP, esp together with Morgan, but I think we have enough options here now for an equally good CB pairing.

I think it was a bit of both Davie.

Brown marshalled the back four, so I'm sure you're right.

But I believe Hobbs and Morrison enjoyed playing for Pearson and didn't fit into the new regime. Same with Fryatt. Hobbs, with Chester, then went on to secure one of the meanest defences in the league at Hull and Fryatt went on to score more than twice the amount of goals that Beckford did. No coincidence IMO. Both Sousa and Sven did not much good and lot of bad for City. Again IMO.

Every single thread comes back to the same thing with you ..... slate Sven ..... Are you not bored with listening to yourself, I am.

Ordinary championship players that had played well in league one and couldn't make the step up to a side expected to compete for the championship?

( in response to:

How many players suddenly became 'poor under Sousa/Sven'?

Hobbs, Weale, Waghorn, to some extent King...to name but four...

Spot the common denominator(s)...)

Errr, but Waghorn didn't feature in league 1; on the other hand, he scored well in the championship play-off side.

( in response to:

Spot the common denominator(s)...)

Errr, but Waghorn didn't feature in league 1; on the other hand, he scored well in the championship play-off side.

Excellent point!!!! Doesn't mean he's anything other than an average championship player though!

So,

Complaining about someone constantly being anti-Sven: Completely reasonable.

Complaining about someone constantly being anti-Pearson: Childish.

:blink:

I have no idea what point you are trying to make .... You clearly don't read my posts if you think they are always anti Pearson. I don't get why you worship him with such adoration, but I've been reasonably pro pearson of late, apart from after the Burton game. Even then I gave him credit for his post match interview.

But you're right about the constant slating of Sven - it's a poll about Jack Hobbs isn't it??? And yet some people still bring the anti sven drum in to bang on. Again.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make .... You clearly don't read my posts if you think they are always anti Pearson. I don't get why you worship him with such adoration, but I've been reasonably pro pearson of late, apart from after the Burton game. Even then I gave him credit for his post match interview.

But you're right about the constant slating of Sven - it's a poll about Jack Hobbs isn't it??? And yet some people still bring the anti sven drum in to bang on. Again.

lol

Blah di blah...

Spot the common denominator(s)...

:thumbup:

King had the best season of his career under Sousa/Sven and was top goalscorer and named in the Championship team of the year, wasn't he?

On Hobbs, not sure. He was great when partnered with Brown, because he just did what he was told. As soon as Brown left Hobbs looked a bit lost, not sure what to do, where to go and it made him look a really, really bad player. Alongside Morgan I think he'd be very good, as Morgan could do what Brown did and we'd have a solid defence, although it'd purely be a defence, we wouldn't be playing out from the back very often, that's for sure...

But surely you noticed the difference in Hobbs performances once Pearson left?

Definitely .....

But I'd have put that mainly down to the new style of play .... like it or not we played the ball straight out of defence and direct under NP first time, Sousa, and then Sven came along and wanted them to keep possession and Hobbs just wasn't suited to it.

I can't put my finger on why the rest of his game deteriorated, apart from the obvious reason of shot confidence.

I really liked him when he first came to us, but he just isn't right for the style of play NP is now playing or the style of play we'd need if we are promoted.

So i wouldn't want him back.

He's an average championship player that couldn't step up and we have better, and if we're short should be looking at better.

King had the best season of his career under Sousa/Sven and was top goalscorer and named in the Championship team of the year, wasn't he?

On Hobbs, not sure. He was great when partnered with Brown, because he just did what he was told. As soon as Brown left Hobbs looked a bit lost, not sure what to do, where to go and it made him look a really, really bad player. Alongside Morgan I think he'd be very good, as Morgan could do what Brown did and we'd have a solid defence, although it'd purely be a defence, we wouldn't be playing out from the back very often, that's for sure...

I agree with this .... His drop in performances were before Sousa and started with Brown going. NP going made it much worse for him as a combination.

Very mature. Like i say, grow up.

Your whining posts (please understand me because im misunderstood etc...) come across very similar to someone else who used to be on here.

Have you changed your name?

And your dislike of Pearson is very transparent. You suggest that you back him, then make it blatantly obvious you dont..

You might be better off just to be honest about it.

Your whining posts (please understand me because im misunderstood etc...) come across very similar to someone else who used to be on here.

Have you changed your name?

And your dislike of Pearson is very transparent. You suggest that you back him, then make it blatantly obvious you dont..

Awww bless, you clearly think about me too much. I just say it as i think it. Try to get out more and stop obsessing about me.

You could try going to Leicester City games if you're short on things to do!!

Just to be clear for you sweetie so you understand and can stop thinking about me ......

I don't particularly like NP's arrogance or the way that he talks to the fans through the media. I didn't like his previous style of football and I thought it was a terrible move to change from Sven's style to Pearson's style of play so I didn't agree with his return.

I did really like him first time around, but found the football a bit tedious .... however we just needed results at the time, and beggars couldn't be choosers.

I like NP's new style of football.

I like the majority of his new players.

I was at the Burton game and very unhappy with the performance (you should have listened to the full game on the radio and you may have understood).

I back the manager. I don't like some aspects of his persona.

I really hope he succeeds as he's the manager of the football club i love.

Now is that clear enough for you???? Can you sleep now??

I think certain players play well for certain managers Scouse. Hobbs went to Hull and looked very solid. Brown left at the same time as Pearson I believe? To lose your centre back partner and your manager would have shaken anyone up a little surely?

The fact that Hobbs built up a great partnership with Chester shows, I think, that he can play well with other partners once he's settled down.

I agree that a Hobbs/Morgan partnership would be good IMO.

I've always rated Hobbs more than SSL to be honest.

Archived