Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Would you have Jack Hobbs back?

Would you have Jack Hobbs back?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Jack Hobbs back?

• Yes
    • No

Given our lack of options at CB at the moment would you take him back should he become available when he returns from injury? Cant see him getting straight back in the Hull side as they're doing well with Faye and Chester plus i cant see Brucey dropping his lad down to fourth choice. Personally id love to see him back in a city shirt.

Yes, one of our best CBs of recent years.

Was ****ed around by Sven favouring Bamba, despite Bamba being more naturally gifted and therefore presumably able to play on his 'wrong' side better... Then let go too cheaply too, well... in relation to our signings.

Hoofball is such a myth, all you need a midfielder to drop back & receive the ball, just like King is doing at the minute

Of course I would, yes, no doubt about that.

I was so pleased when we signed him full time, and I remember thinking we are building a good side up with youth and experience. Sadly, this eventually got dismantled and Jack Hobbs is another example of a good, solid player we had that was sold for less than his value.

Hobbs is a solid defender at this level. Might not be able to play his way out of defence, but can certainly defend which is his job. Best full time defender we've had for years, and certainly better than the likes of Sol Bamba and Matt Mills.

Yes at the drop of a hat.

Brown and Hobbs were the best defensive partnership the club has had in years.

Let the defenders focus on defending. Get that right for a start.

Top post Col, totally agree!

I'd take back 09/10 Hobbs, not 10/11 Hobbs. It wasn't all his fault but he was very poor under Sousa and Sven, though that was only for a few months and then we sold him.

I rate him more than St Ledger.

How many players suddenly became 'poor under Sousa/Sven'?

Hobbs, Weale, Waghorn, to some extent King...to name but four...

Spot the common denominator(s)...

:thumbup:

Nope, decent championship CB not better than Morgan, less potential than Moore, injured so pointless in terms of the original post re our current lack of options.

Haven't seen Whitbread play much but also seems a better option.

Yeah had he been available at the start of the season I'd certainly have taken him, he'd make a very solid partnership with Morgan.

Quality player I put on a par with SSL. Would flourish under NP again

Sean St Ledger is painfully average.

How many players suddenly became 'poor under Sousa/Sven'?

Hobbs, Weale, Waghorn, to some extent King...to name but four...

Spot the common denominator(s)...

:thumbup:

Ordinary championship players that had played well in league one and couldn't make the step up to a side expected to compete for the championship?

Ordinary championship players that had played well in league one and couldn't make the step up to a side expected to compete for the championship?

? Apart from the fact they were all in Pearsons' squad that made the Championship play off? And very nearly made the final?

Are you saying that things then improved under Sousa/Sven?

We had the basis of a really good young squad under Pearson first time round.. Which was then quickly ruined.

What are you on about this time?

Yes he's a great young CB. That said if Whitbread comes in and does a good job, St. Ledger is happy as third choice, and Moore continues to look promising then I wouldn't be desperate for us to go and sign him.

? Apart from the fact they were all in Pearsons' squad that made the Championship play off? And very nearly made the final?

Are you saying that things then improved under Sousa/Sven?

We had the basis of a really good young squad under Pearson first time round.. Which was then quickly ruined.

What are you on about this time?

Perhaps Hobbs and Morrison were found out to be not so great with out Brown there certainly it coincides with their 'poor form' just as much as if not more than the appointments of Sousa and Sven

Perhaps Hobbs and Morrison were found out to be not so great with out Brown there certainly it coincides with their 'poor form' just as much as if not more than the appointments of Sousa and Sven

I think it was a bit of both Davie.

Brown marshalled the back four, so I'm sure you're right.

But I believe Hobbs and Morrison enjoyed playing for Pearson and didn't fit into the new regime. Same with Fryatt. Hobbs, with Chester, then went on to secure one of the meanest defences in the league at Hull and Fryatt went on to score more than twice the amount of goals that Beckford did. No coincidence IMO. Both Sousa and Sven did not much good and lot of bad for City. Again IMO.

Yes, one of our best CBs of recent years.

Was ****ed around by Sven favouring Bamba, despite Bamba being more naturally gifted and therefore presumably able to play on his 'wrong' side better... Then let go too cheaply too, well... in relation to our signings.

Hoofball is such a myth, all you need a midfielder to drop back & receive the ball, just like King is doing at the minute

Good post, probably the 2nd best CB at City in recent times after Morgan, i'd av him back in an instant.........coyb

Archived