Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Would you have Jack Hobbs back?

Would you have Jack Hobbs back?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Jack Hobbs back?

• Yes
    • No

Morgan, St Ledger & Whitbread are all better then Hobs IMO so he'd be 4th choice at best and with the form Liam Moore has shown so far he probably wouldn't be that.

He served us well, I liked him when he was here but it would be a pointless signing and Hull would never sell to us until their chairman gets over his obvious heartbreak

Just to be clear for you sweetie so you understand and can stop thinking about me ......

I don't particularly like NP's arrogance or the way that he talks to the fans through the media. I didn't like his previous style of football and I thought it was a terrible move to change from Sven's style to Pearson's style of play so I didn't agree with his return.

I did really like him first time around, but found the football a bit tedious .... however we just needed results at the time, and beggars couldn't be choosers.

I like NP's new style of football.

I like the majority of his new players.

I was at the Burton game and very unhappy with the performance (you should have listened to the full game on the radio and you may have understood).

I back the manager. I don't like some aspects of his persona.

I really hope he succeeds as he's the manager of the football club i love.

Now is that clear enough for you???? Can you sleep now??

Your posts come across as very similar to Seenitalls... Although he takes it on the chin, does sometimes make sense and says it how he sees it. You simply seem to cry for attention.

Can't be doing with you anymore.

Definitely .....

But I'd have put that mainly down to the new style of play .... like it or not we played the ball straight out of defence and direct under NP first time, Sousa, and then Sven came along and wanted them to keep possession and Hobbs just wasn't suited to it.

I can't put my finger on why the rest of his game deteriorated, apart from the obvious reason of shot confidence.

I really liked him when he first came to us, but he just isn't right for the style of play NP is now playing or the style of play we'd need if we are promoted.

So i wouldn't want him back.

He's an average championship player that couldn't step up and we have better, and if we're short should be looking at better.

Brown left at the same time.

Yeh both good points tbf. I wondered what would have happened if he'd have stayed a bit longer, it was a bit annoying to see him go so cheap because supposedly he wasn't right for Sven's style of play - but then Sven changed the style of play again and Mills was as bad as Brown on the ball.

Your posts come across as very similar to Seenitalls... Although he takes it on the chin, does sometimes make sense and says it how he sees it. You simply seem to cry for attention.

Can't be doing with you anymore.

lol .... OK sweetie..

I really have no time for you or your opinions. I refuse to lower myself to say what i really think of you ... so why don't you ignore me and I'll try to ignore your constant non-stop sycophantic drivel.

Yeh both good points tbf. I wondered what would have happened if he'd have stayed a bit longer, it was a bit annoying to see him go so cheap because supposedly he wasn't right for Sven's style of play - but then Sven changed the style of play again and Mills was as bad as Brown on the ball.

Yeah he was sold far too cheaply....to an ex manager to make it worse - we don't like the Hull boss for not letting NP have his favourites back but we seemed to make it too easy when the boot was on the other foot!

I think Mills was a confidence player - he knew he wasn't worth that transfer value and the pressure of it destroyed his debut, he never really recovered, but when sven changed style it really did make him stick out!

Wish there was an "I have no idea" option.

Yes I would like to have him back in one sense, he worked well under Pearson and I liked him as a player when he was here. He'd also give competition.

No because Pearson might automatically pick him because he knows him irrelevant of how the current squad is performing (wellens, Gallagher etc) and also don't know of he'd be the same defender he used to be under Pearson.

So basically no idea x)

Not sure if Hobbs will be fit much before Christmas, so more likely a January deal (assuming Hull would finally trade with us), altho if we were asking about Chester you can understand their refusal with Hobbs injured

Hobbs has played consistently well under Pearson at 2 clubs and was captain at Hull, so one of the first on NP's teamsheet

Could depend where we are in the League come January, but would not surprise me if he was signed then

Playing for us, probably not, but under a better manager than we are lumbered with the answer is yes. I saw him play a number of times at Reading, and he was very good.

Go watch Mills now then and see what you think. Or go on Bolton's forum and look at what they say about him..

He's sh*t.

Also, we let Hobbs go for absolute peanuts considering what he'd achieved here. That's not me saying he was the finished article, but he was a great prospect after his first two seasons with us. When Pearson left and Sousa came in it well and truly ****ed him.

Since then, we've constantly signed inadequate replacements at generally higher prices. Sad really. The fact that people banged on about how he was a 'hoofball defender' was a good laugh. Look at the defenders we've signed since then and you realise that they couldn't even defend in the first place.

Would take him back in a flash. Spoke to a Hull supporting mate of mine, and he couldn't believe we let him go so cheap. Genuinely one of the major disappoints of the last few seasons regarding the departures within our squad.

Also, we let Hobbs go for absolute peanuts considering what he'd achieved here. That's not me saying he was the finished article, but he was a great prospect after his first two seasons with us. When Pearson left and Sousa came in it well and truly ****ed him.

Since then, we've constantly signed inadequate replacements at generally higher prices. Sad really. The fact that people banged on about how he was a 'hoofball defender' was a good laugh. Look at the defenders we've signed since then and you realise that they couldn't even defend in the first place.

Would take him back in a flash. Spoke to a Hull supporting mate of mine, and he couldn't believe we let him go so cheap. Genuinely one of the major disappoints of the last few seasons regarding the departures within our squad.

All I can say is, don't plan on being a football manager. lol lol lol lol

i want him back, but i'd never play him. i'd just take him back to piss hull board/fans off even more. might as well take fryatt whilst we are at it :/:pearson: :pearson:

Call me nostalgic, stupid or whatever but given what we have now, I'd take both Fryatt and Hobbs back.

I think Hobbs and Morgan would make an excellent centre back pairing and that Fryatt would probably work very well with Vardy.

Fryatt's Achilles heel is and always has been his pace. But he's a very intelligent footballer and could link up very well with Vardy IMO.

Call me nostalgic, stupid or whatever but given what we have now, I'd take both Fryatt and Hobbs back.

I think Hobbs and Morgan would make an excellent centre back pairing and that Fryatt would probably work very well with Vardy.

Fryatt's Achilles heel is and always has been his pace. But he's a very intelligent footballer and could link up very well with Vardy IMO.

Very true about Fryatt being an intelligent footballer. Would take him over JP any day . . . . .

Archived