Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Pearson not fearful of sack

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19747208

Interesting little comment. Lets hope we can get something positive over the weekend.

Nigel Pearson not fearing sack at Leicester City

Nigel Pearson has insisted he has heard nothing to suggest his position as Leicester City manager is under threat.

The Foxes have lost all three of their away league matches this season.

And despite winning all four of home games, speculation had been mounting before and after Saturday's win over Hull that Pearson was set to be sacked.

"I don't think there is anything untoward happening, and if there is I don't know anything about it," Pearson told BBC Radio Leicester.

"I am doing my job as I always do my job, and I am enjoying it."

After seven games, City are in eighth place in the Championship table, just one point outside the play-off spots.

"Nothing surprises me in the media," Pearson added. "I just do my job. What other people say, they say. The mood is pretty good."

I don't know why he should have any worries about losing his job to be honest, he's doing fine.

We have been pegged back by our away form which can be blamed on misfortune to an extent (and of course we have played some decent sides), I think he's very capable of sorting out our troubles on away turf and have us in the top six for most of the season. I get the impression that a lot of the discontent stemmed from that result against Burton, that's when people really started raging about us being "fvcking sh*t" even though it was pretty much the least important fixture we'll play all season - demonstrated by the players we had on the pitch that night.

Why be worried..gets a fat pay off of millions for staying in bed all day

I do think managers genuinely want to do their job and do it well - they're not just in it for the money, they probably have plenty of it anyway.

Pearson really seems to care about the job he does here and where this club goes, I don't think he'd be happy if he were to have his opportunity for success taken away from him in return for a big payout, especially given the promise that the team has shown so far.

Good and I hope that continues to be the case. It would be utterly ridiculous to sack a bloke who seems to be laying the foundations for us to return to being the capable and entertaining top flight club we once were under the likes of Matt Gillies and MON..

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

What worries me about this 'story' repeatedly popping up in the media is that normally it would only get written if a club's results had been dreadful.

And as they haven't been a complete disaster it makes you wonder where the media are getting this idea from.

I have my thoughts on that, but I'm starting to wonder if there is some fire to go with the smoke.

This would be ridiculous. We have a 100% home record! That's four wins in four games at home, that is amazing form and the best we have seen for years. This must be the best start we have made for a long time at least the most promising anyway.

I know we have lost the away games but we have played 3 of the top three teams in this league already and so early in the season. I truly feel that we will beat those teams at home in the next round of fixtures because we have already progressed and improved. This is the main thing for me that Pearson does so well, when they spot a hole they will normally fix it.

He is a quality manager who is building a brilliant team here. It would be such a massive shame if the Thais were to lose patience and boot him now. I think I might just lose all faith in football if it were to happen tbh because it would just show how fickle football has become.

I said before we played Burnley + Hull that it was a given that these were must for Pearsons career at Leicester, and that he needed to take "Points" from away games at Middlesbrough (A) and Huddersfield (A) for him to keep his job.

I still believe that this is the case.

He will get the sack if we don't start winning games away from home! The Thais will get rid if we don't look on course for the prem.

Thanks Susan Whelan

Archived