Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The Current Championship Table

This link reflects the currrent table.

It shows us sitting pretty and in a strong position.

Is anyone surprised at where the teams are at the moment?

Bolton (my pre-season favourites) are in 17th, whilst Blackpool have slipped down considerably.

Leeds look menacing, with Diouf scoring for fun at the moment.

Wolves have won the last four on the bounce.

And yesterday saw some funny results... Hull losing at home to Peterborough with an Emile Sinclair hat-trick being one of them.

Are people happy with our position at the moment?

Which teams look like they might make a break and start to get ahead?

I think Cardiff look very strong at present..

Opinions please...

http://uk.eurosport....ship/table.html

Im gonna add another one which shows top goalscorers, just for information..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/championship/top-goalscorers.html

We deserve to be where we are, there's even a case for us to be top. It's still early days and there's no reason why we can't get 6 points from our next two games. Although I'd be happy with a point on Tuesday.

I'm surprised that Blackburn are as high as they are, thought turmoil and discontent would run riot at that club. Don't really know what will happen to them now. I'm pleased with where we are right now, good start, away form perhaps being dealt with now. Looks promising. :D

Huddersfield have made an excellent start too, feel they'll fall away now with that defeat to Watford. Good timing for us :)

I still think Leeds will come good, especially when their new owners take over. Wolves were not as bad as the tinted glasses folk on here may have thought, and they tucked us up well, only sitting back at 2-0 up - think these two and the aforementioned Cardiff will be in it, hopefully with us. I can also see Blackurn maybe getting it together now Keane has departed so I think it will be tough, but it sure makes a change to feel like we will be in amongst it, something I never felt last season.

I still think Leeds will come good, especially when their new owners take over. Wolves were not as bad as the tinted glasses folk on here may have thought, and they tucked us up well, only sitting back at 2-0 up - think these two and the aforementioned Cardiff will be in it, hopefully with us. I can also see Blackurn maybe getting it together now Keane has departed so I think it will be tough, but it sure makes a change to feel like we will be in amongst it, something I never felt last season.

Cant argue with any of this...

Wolves were my favourites at the beginning of the season, whilst I expected the other two relegated clubs to be in midtable. Birmingham's slow start has surprised me a little as has Charlton's, but most teams seem to be roughly where I'd expect. It's very early to be making judgements anyway.

I'm happy with our own position, but I do think we could be doing better. I don't think there is an outstanding team in this league and we have as realistic a chance of achieving automatic promotion as any other side in this league. Although anything up to ten or so sides could make that claim.

I still think it is too early to give too much thought to the table to be honest, which is why I couldn't understand the sense of panic after five games played. Six points separating eighteen teams makes it hard to rule out many of the teams I would have expected to be there or thereabouts. League positions are earned over forty-six matches and form for eight can be turned around quickly.

Still it's nice to see us near the top I suppose and hopefully top in a few days. :D

I suppose the commentators were wearing their blue tints also considering they said the game was even first half barring two defensive lapses.

And that's a first half people said was our worst performance of the season at the time, which doesn't say much for their performance if things were "even".

I think us, Leeds, Wolves, and possibly Cardiff will at least get the PO's this season. Wolves are looking very good at the moment, and we all know Warnock will get Leeds up there come the end of the season.

Honestly dont think Brighton are that good, not to get automatic anyway. And Blackpool, i dont think can get more than PO's either.

Oh and Forest, they'll be up there, they will beat Derby today anyway.

I suppose the commentators were wearing their blue tints also considering they said the game was even first half barring two defensive lapses.

And that's a first half people said was our worst performance of the season at the time, which doesn't say much for their performance if things were "even".

Amazing - alright babylon, you are right as ever, even though we were 2-0 down after barely troubling their goal in the first half we were better than them really - just think, we're better than Man City really, just don't score as many goals or win as many games - at least we have 'young and hungry' players instead of big money waste of space players like Silva and Aguero eh?

Really happy with where we are and that nobody looks like running away with it this season unlike the last few campaigns.

A little frustrating that we could potentially have another 9 points on top of that but winning 3 on the bounce should create confidence and a feel good atmosphere. Got some winnable games in October and then a tricky November so will be interesting to see where we are after that

Amazing - alright babylon, you are right as ever, even though we were 2-0 down after barely troubling their goal in the first half we were better than them really - just think, we're better than Man City really, just don't score as many goals or win as many games - at least we have 'young and hungry' players instead of big money waste of space players like Silva and Aguero eh?

Better than them? Who said anything about being better than them in the first half. You should perhaps read the post again. And then after that go and rewatch the match, then come back and post.

The game was "even" first half barring two defensive mistakes. Commentators and pundits words.. Football wise the game was "even" with both teams struggling to pass it around. Their advantage was being big and strong as pointed out in the first post.

We were only "better" than them second half when chasing the game. But at no point during the game did they look a decent football team.

None of it matters.What matters is that we focus on winning the next game in front of us.

To win anything you need to beat good and bad and, instead of being concerned about who presents the most likely challenge to us, we should accept that all the so-called best teams have to play each other twice and that we need to simply focus on what we do.

Success depends on good organisation, hard work, encouragement, the ruthlessness to beat good or bad and that elusive level of team spirit that just sometimes makes a group of people bond together like brothers.

All that matters right now is Huddersfield and making every possible effort to add another three points to our tally.

As far as we are concerned they should be treated like Premier League class opposition that we shall need to be at our very best to cope with. And so it should be week in, week out.

To coin a phrase applied to Tottenham at Old Trafford yesterday - go for the throat.

I was under the impression that Wednesday had signed loads of world class players and were going to go the season unbeaten because they'd gone half a season unbeaten in League One. I hadn't looked at the bottom end of the league but they're in the relegation zone. Boss.

None of it matters.What matters is that we focus on winning the next game in front of us.

To win anything you need to beat good and bad and, instead of being concerned about who presents the most likely challenge to us, we should accept that all the so-called best teams have to play each other twice and that we need to simply focus on what we do.

Success depends on good organisation, hard work, encouragement, the ruthlessness to beat good or bad and that elusive level of team spirit that just sometimes makes a group of people bond together like brothers.

All that matters right now is Huddersfield and making every possible effort to add another three points to our tally.

As far as we are concerned they should be treated like Premier League class opposition that we shall need to be at our very best to cope with. And so it should be week in, week out.

To coin a phrase applied to Tottenham at Old Trafford yesterday - go for the throat.

This! I'd still say there's not a lot of point looking at the table yet really. Take it a game at a time

Archived