Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Online Exclusive “We Love You� Scarf

So fvcking embarrassing.

If you're going to print chant lyrics on a scalf at least make it the club anthem (that actually wouldn't be a bad idea), not something we copied off other teams and only started singing last season.

These guys are so out of touch with proper football fans it's unreal. It's like they're taking the piss. I bet Susan Whelan and Kevin Barclay pull pranks like this just so they read the reactions on Foxes talk and sit in the office laughing their arse off.

I've never felt more disillusioned with this club, it's getting worse by the day. Thank God and Heskey for Nigel Pearson, he's single handedly keeping our heads above the proverbial water of dignity.

Calm down mate its only a scarf jesus.

Calm down mate its only a scarf jesus.

This is only a scalf, but what about all the other cringeworthy crap they've come out with?

It all piles up and it's clear they stand for none of the values that I do as a football fan.

TBH I find this scalf a bit disrespectful to our history and traditions. I do like the chant and it gets people going but it's just a fad, and the club is actively encouraging people to forget about our old songs and are making this song define us.

What about the songs we've been belting out for 50 years, why are we trying to phase them out?

This is only a scalf, but what about all the other cringeworthy crap they've come out with?

It all piles up and it's clear they stand for none of the values that I do as a football fan.

TBH I find this scalf a bit disrespectful to our history and traditions. I do like the chant and it gets people going but it's just a fad, and the club is actively encouraging people to forget about our old songs and are making this song define us.

What about the songs we've been belting out for 50 years, why are we trying to phase them out?

I'm as cynical as they come re LCFC but....

I think you're massively over reacting, how is the scarf disrespectful to our history and traditions, it's just an item they sell in the shop along with lots of, admittedly guff stuff but people, strange as it may seem buy this guff.

How does selling a single item mean they're encouraging people to forget about our old songs, the fans started singing this not the club they, right or wrongly, and only sales will determine it have identified something they think the fans will want, they're not compulsory. I actually think they'll sell quite a few, those that already have a scarf are just as likely to buy this as those that haven't but now might.

If anyone is trying to phase out the old songs it's the fans, have the club banned them?

I think the club, in spite of the lack of a museum have had quite a strong agenda re the history of the club, John Hutchinson's regular articles both in the programme and on the OS, there also the Stadium tour where it's 90% history of the club, they had some special history event tours. now they might be doing this for monetary reasons but it balances out the cringeworthy (subjective) crap you believe they come out with.

Edit - admittedly you have to pay for it but......

Heritage Afternoon Success Leads to Another Date

Last Sunday saw fans of all ages head to King Power Stadium for the first of our Heritage Afternoons hosted by Club Historian John Hutchinson.

Fans were treated to a display of many of the Club’s artefacts and a Stadium Tour which included a focus on memorabilia items which are not often viewed by the public.

With the event proving to be a great success, the next ‘Heritage Afternoon’ event will be held at King Power Stadium on Sunday 28 October (2pm).

The focus this time will be the old Filbert Street Stadium. Micky Bates who created the renowned and truly outstanding model of Filbert Street, (which is now on display in the City Fanstore), will be present and we are currently working on some other ideas to make the afternoon one to remember.

Complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks will also be available and there is free parking at the Stadium.

With tickets for the last event selling out quickly, you can secure your place for this Filbert Street Heritage Afternoon by calling the Sales Centre on 0844 815 5000, by emailing [email protected] , or by booking online atwww.lcfcdirect.com.

......hardly being disrespectful to our history.

ahahahahah lol lol lol

Laughing stock now

Aye, nothing laughing-stock like about being a fvcking sad dullard who spends all his time on a forum of a club that has absolutely minimal relation to his own.

Then again I guess maybe Leicester have made progress, I know clubs like Charlton are very small etc... but didn't think it had reached the stage they're obsessed with us. You make me quite happy actually.

What other crap have they came out with?

I don't think the club is encouraging people to forget about the old songs, lets face it the fans sign this song 10x+ a game surely its the fans voicing this opinion, and the club are obviously trying to support that... nothing disrespectful about it at all.

Guest BlueBrett

They've got as much chance of selling me one of these as they did of selling me an 85 quid curry on the phone the other week,

Could not agree more.

Sadly from a business point of view, "we love you" will sell more than say "those were the days".

The scarf is just another example of our clubs embarrassing and extremely tinpot mentality. They really are a joke.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill is just a scarf, we've had after shave, slippers, we have dressing gowns and all sorts of other sundry rubbish.

If you want to talk disrespectful, pathetic, laughing stock and trivialising history and tradition why are none of you bothered by them referring to....

Lee Jobber as a CITY LEGEND!!!!!!

Guest MattP

They are coming out on King Power mug next week.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill is just a scarf, we've had after shave, slippers, we have dressing gowns and all sorts of other sundry rubbish.

If you want to talk disrespectful, pathetic, laughing stock and trivialising history and tradition why are none of you bothered by them referring to....

Very true that. I do like Jobber though, think he's a very intelligent and down to earth bloke as well as being a real character. "City legend" is definitely going too far though.

I think that forms part of most people's indignation without them referring to it specifically. For me it's everything - the ridiculous beatification of Jobber (nice guy though he is, have absolutely no problem with the bloke), the whole PR/marketing bollocks the club are pushing on to the assembled cretins who will no doubt actually buy this, and finally the scarf itself.

The club are cottoning on to a genric fad when they could be producing scarves with "The whole world smiles with you" or ones commemorating Filbert Street or whatever, to make City fans proud of their heritage. Instead they do something like this. Ridiculous.

Whoever devised this, here's some advice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

Archived